[X3LU] [OBSOLETE] Internal Distribution Network 1.2b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Joubarbe
xr

[X3LU] [OBSOLETE] Internal Distribution Network 1.2b

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 29. Sep 16, 17:58

NO LONGER SUPPORTED
Last edited by Joubarbe on Sat, 9. Jun 18, 09:08, edited 12 times in total.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Fri, 30. Sep 16, 15:57

OMG THIS MOD IS SO AWESOME

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 30. Sep 16, 16:04

Ahah, shut up :)

hqz
x3ap

Post by hqz » Mon, 3. Oct 16, 21:46

This is exactly what Mayhem needed. I was running out of ideas to get the right setup for my factories and agents.

Thank you Joubarbe.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 8. Oct 16, 15:26

1.1 released.

Added Export/Import module and a button to restart all ships (useful after an EI or if you manually gave orders to your network ships).

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 1. Nov 16, 15:34

1.2:

- Added Transporter and Supplier ship categories. See first page for documentation.
- No more "reset all ships" button, E/I now properly restart their tasks.
- The lists of stations and ships are sorted.
- Message added to inform you that a ship is sent home (if any) when you remove it from a network.
- If you give a manual command to a network ship, it will be removed from the said network.
- Fixed a bug where clicking "no" when asked if you want to destroy the selected network would make all ships return home.
- Added a "Auto-rename ships of this network" button. Ships will get back their original name when removed from a network.

hanuland
x4

Post by hanuland » Wed, 2. Nov 16, 13:36

Thank for your effort!

I have been waiting for this! :lol:

onlinev

Post by onlinev » Wed, 2. Nov 16, 13:58

when I use IDN1.2 my supplier/transporter ships are destroyed by ore/silicon mines... I've checked 5 times and ships destoryed everytime by my mines. can you check and fix it please. My TS ships were Drake

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 2. Nov 16, 17:37

onlinev wrote:when I use IDN1.2 my supplier/transporter ships are destroyed by ore/silicon mines... I've checked 5 times and ships destoryed everytime by my mines. can you check and fix it please. My TS ships were Drake
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 53#4635053

Vlad13
x4

Post by Vlad13 » Thu, 3. Nov 16, 19:18

Hi, Joubarbe!
Thank you for your work!

Do I get it right: if there are more than one dock in the network, transporter only fills one of them?

And another question: my TL transporter is recognizing McCallum and Starliner equipment docks as valid docks but not my HQ.
Is it intended? If not could you fix it please?

Thank you!

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 3. Nov 16, 19:27

If you get more than one dock in your network, the transporter will randomly choose one.

Your HQ is not recognized? How do you know that? You have a message in the ship command saying that no docks are found?

Vlad13
x4

Post by Vlad13 » Thu, 3. Nov 16, 19:39

Yes, it says Idle-%networkname%-no docks found
After 10-15 seconds it becomes Collect Ware Energy Cell for null, transporter goes to sch, loads energy cells, after that goes to some orbital defense station with "Collect ware-refuel" order (with 100k fuel cells in cargo bay), docks undocks and hangs forever just outside this defense station with "Collect ware-refuel" order.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 3. Nov 16, 20:11

Can you please provide a savegame? I must reproduce that.

Seon
x4

Post by Seon » Fri, 4. Nov 16, 07:23

I have a few ships set to be suppliers, and a few to be transporters. 4 transporters, to be exact.

I have two crystal fabs set up, but my transporters seem to be giving them the cold shoulder. I have them both set up to 0% export, but the ships just constantly overlook them.

My other stations seem to be in the same situation. The only station that they seem to be even considering as a source for my Sanctuary, is my SPP.

...Actually, while typing this I looked back over to my game, and see my supplier is going to my silicon mine to take its goods, but all my 3 other transporters are sitting idle. I have a ton of stations getting to their max limits, but none of them are deciding to to do work and just sit around.

Mods I have are LU, Mayhem, IDN, Advanced Sat Monitoring, this, and your ADS.

Pictures:

http://puu.sh/s5Yw7/df1104172c.bmp
http://puu.sh/s5YsY/5350237733.bmp

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 4. Nov 16, 09:01

@Vlad13: your problem is fixed. Will release new version soon.

@Seon: savegames make Panda happy.

Vlad13
x4

Post by Vlad13 » Fri, 4. Nov 16, 09:50

Great to hear that, Joubarbe! Thanks!

Seon
x4

Post by Seon » Fri, 4. Nov 16, 10:37

http://www.mediafire.com/file/5yr4rd36er9e5na/X05.sav

There you go Joub. I managed to get most of them working by leaving them out of the network for a while... But two are still managing to be idle buttheads. And be warned... This save is almost right after a battle with the Yaki :P

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 4. Nov 16, 11:44

1.2b released:

- Ship names are set to default (eg. "Your Caiman") when manually removed from a network.
- Fixed a bug where the Transporter would hang forever when he has resources in its cargo hold that a factory could use. (now he will unload these resources first)
- Fixed a bug where the HQ was not recognized by Transporters and Suppliers.
- Fixed a bug where a Transporter would try to collect ware to "null" if no docks were found in the network.

EDIT: to benefit from changes, remove/re-add your Transporters to their network.
EDIT2: Seon, your Crystal Fabs are taken into account, but your network is a little too big for 3 Transporters (2 of them were not working). Try to put them inside another network, and you'll see that Transporters properly manage them. With 5, it should be ok though, but avoid having one unique giant network.

Vlad13
x4

Post by Vlad13 » Sat, 5. Nov 16, 14:59

I'm not sure it's a bug but are transporters supposed to haul resources to factories? Cause mine do.
I have 2 networks with overlapping stations:
The 1st one include: cattle ranch, cahoona bakery, crystal fab, solar plant and sanctuary. It is handled by 2 suppliers and works just fine.
From 2-nd I excluded cattle ranch and crystal fab. I didn't want my 2 transporters to haul intermediate products to sanctuary.
And now I noticed than occasionally transporters haul energy cells and agnu beef (there is some left in the sanctuary) from sanctuary to cahoona bakery.
It is not something bad, but if I understood right the description, transporters are for hauling goods in the sanctuary not from it?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 5. Nov 16, 15:07

They only do that when they have some resources left in their cargo. Probably a bad idea; they should bring their surplus to the Dock, but anyway, they shouldn't do that on a regular basis.

In other words, if you assign a ship full of Beef to a network as a transporter, they will search if one of your factories (probably a Cahoona Bakery) is in need of Beef.

That's also how the supplier work, and I didn't change that part of the code for transporters.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”