Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Mathieu66
x3ap

Post by Mathieu66 » Sun, 25. Sep 16, 14:33

Sun-Ku wrote:Hi,

I have a strange issue. I miss some equipment, i.e. Station Manager Software (terracorp HQ) and remote control software are not sold on stations. I can find RCS on Ships but without Station manager software I cant really play the game.

I have x3ap 3.1a and on start I get an error that this is not the original exe for litcube, biut where do i get the right exe file?
This .exe error is normal, don't care about this.

For missing equipement, if you have lauch your game on an unclean game, just reinstall doesn't work.
You have to make a export/import of your save on the clean install to fix it.

Mordrith
x3tc

Post by Mordrith » Sun, 25. Sep 16, 17:50

lithiumk wrote:Hi, Litcube. It was the cycrow plugin manager thread; according to the thread his package is compatible with LU as of version 1.48.

I guess all I really want to know is if there is a way to "cheat" in the ships, as you can with the plugin- I am trying to set up some massive battles. i read about installing the cycrow cheat scripts as a .zip but I am unsure how to activate them in game.
You can set up massive battles easily with LU just by playing the game enough, but if you really want to cheat you could possibly just use the script editor built into the game (if LU doesn't remove it, I haven't tried it). It's not as quick or convenient as cycrow's stuff but assuming the script editor works you can still do it, you'd just have to make individual scripts for spawning ships, equipping them, assigning them to factions, etc.

Mathieu66
x3ap

Post by Mathieu66 » Sun, 25. Sep 16, 18:46

Mordrith wrote:
lithiumk wrote:Hi, Litcube. It was the cycrow plugin manager thread; according to the thread his package is compatible with LU as of version 1.48.

I guess all I really want to know is if there is a way to "cheat" in the ships, as you can with the plugin- I am trying to set up some massive battles. i read about installing the cycrow cheat scripts as a .zip but I am unsure how to activate them in game.
You can set up massive battles easily with LU just by playing the game enough, but if you really want to cheat you could possibly just use the script editor built into the game (if LU doesn't remove it, I haven't tried it). It's not as quick or convenient as cycrow's stuff but assuming the script editor works you can still do it, you'd just have to make individual scripts for spawning ships, equipping them, assigning them to factions, etc.
I aggree, you're still able to make huge battle.
(exemple from my fleet) With few M1 carrying at least 60 M3+ each, 12 exaclibur carrying 36x M6 each, 27 M7M launching a total of 432 hammer heavy torpedo every 4.4s, I think you're able to make bigger battle than your computer can assume. And with a good logistic, if you're entire fleet is destroy, you can make a new one in few hours.

andreihaiducul
x3ap

Post by andreihaiducul » Sun, 25. Sep 16, 19:08

Jack08 wrote:For various reasons a port will have to come from myself or not at all.
Or maybe soon. I just need to make it pretty. I do have a couple of questions, if you've changed your mind.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sun, 25. Sep 16, 19:15

andreihaiducul wrote:
Jack08 wrote:For various reasons a port will have to come from myself or not at all.
Or maybe soon. I just need to make it pretty. I do have a couple of questions, if you've changed your mind.
Are you working on a replacement for EMS? :o

andreihaiducul
x3ap

Post by andreihaiducul » Sun, 25. Sep 16, 19:17

BlackArchon wrote:Are you working on a replacement for EMS? :o
No, just a clean-room implementation for linux.

EDIT: all the hard work is done in the scripts; this is just the GUI part.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sun, 25. Sep 16, 19:38

andreihaiducul wrote: No, just a clean-room implementation for linux.

EDIT: all the hard work is done in the scripts; this is just the GUI part.
Oh ok. :(

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Sun, 25. Sep 16, 21:24

andreihaiducul wrote:
I was never against it, but for reasons that tie my hands i cant give out the source code (or at least all of it) to a 3rd party.

I can answer questions, and can probably give you the XMessage & LUA implementations after i strip and rewrite the comments.
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

Tiberseptim
x4

Installers handling no-steam version of executable.

Post by Tiberseptim » Sun, 25. Sep 16, 21:52

It looks like the gui 1.2.6 installer is the only one that still requires both an x3ap.exe AND an x3ap_n.exe file to be in the install directory. I usually just overwrite the steam executable as the install in my steamapps directory serves as my backup.

Not really a big problem, but it's kind of hard to find that this is the solution to GUI installer thinking the game isn't installed where you think it is. The only reason I realized it was is because I ran into that with a previous installer.

Joefesok
x4

Post by Joefesok » Mon, 26. Sep 16, 19:04

I may have run into a confirmed crash. I'll double check it when I get home.

When a station agent is manually ordered to refuel, does not have cash at home to refuel, the station is given enough cash (I did 8000 credits for (AFAIK) 800 E-Cells), and is ordered to refuel again, the game crashed. I know for a fact the first time I tried this it was a cause-effect thing, however, I do not know if it is a confirmed effect.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Mon, 26. Sep 16, 19:11

Joefesok wrote:I may have run into a confirmed crash. I'll double check it when I get home.

When a station agent is manually ordered to refuel, does not have cash at home to refuel, the station is given enough cash (I did 8000 credits for (AFAIK) 800 E-Cells), and is ordered to refuel again, the game crashed. I know for a fact the first time I tried this it was a cause-effect thing, however, I do not know if it is a confirmed effect.
Huh. Can you post a save?

Joefesok
x4

Post by Joefesok » Mon, 26. Sep 16, 19:31

Litcube wrote:
Joefesok wrote:I may have run into a confirmed crash. I'll double check it when I get home.

I'll do so when I get home- this was, unfortunately, a little bit ago (I'd guess 4-6 hours), however, if the bug is able to be reproduced that shouldn't matter.

'When I get home' should be about 5 hours.

Joefesok
x4

Post by Joefesok » Tue, 27. Sep 16, 04:54

Joefesok wrote:
Litcube wrote:

I'll do so when I get home- this was, unfortunately, a little bit ago (I'd guess 4-6 hours), however, if the bug is able to be reproduced that shouldn't matter.

'When I get home' should be about 5 hours.
My apologies for this being so late.

Bug is confirmed reproducible, following the steps outlined above on this save. Bug tested with both my station agents- both of which successfully crash the game. Be sure to turn the low water mark off of a station- the crash only happened when I met the exact amount necessary after ordering the SA to refuel and having it fail to do so due to inadequate funds. No other conditions tested.

andreihaiducul
x3ap

Post by andreihaiducul » Tue, 27. Sep 16, 15:50

Jack08 wrote: I can answer questions
Thanks. Is PM ok for this?
Jack08 wrote:and can probably give you the XMessage & LUA implementations after i strip and rewrite the comments.
Don't think that's necessary, unless I'm missing something about EMS' functionality (likely).

This is what it currently looks like. I'll upload the repo tomorrow hopefully. If anyone is willing to help me in the meantime, I could use a screenshot of "Action" (ex: "Contact Sales Rep.") and "Notification" (ex: "Insufficient Credits" ), both of which are encountered in the "Buy Ship" mission.

Joefesok
x4

Post by Joefesok » Tue, 27. Sep 16, 16:55

andreihaiducul wrote:
Jack08 wrote: I can answer questions
Thanks. Is PM ok for this?
Jack08 wrote:and can probably give you the XMessage & LUA implementations after i strip and rewrite the comments.
Don't think that's necessary, unless I'm missing something about EMS' functionality (likely).

This is what it currently looks like. I'll upload the repo tomorrow hopefully. If anyone is willing to help me in the meantime, I could use a screenshot of "Action" (ex: "Contact Sales Rep.") and "Notification" (ex: "Insufficient Credits" ), both of which are encountered in the "Buy Ship" mission.
This is sounding pretty cool. Have you tested this on existing saves or saves where the player has a mission?

eugene171
x3ap

Post by eugene171 » Tue, 27. Sep 16, 17:31

Tempestine as a strike-and-retreat M6 force: any good?

I like the idea of 12 CIG as a frontal armament, to MLCC in via the jump beacon command. Any thoughts? might try a force of 40 or 50 against capital ship targets.

andreihaiducul
x3ap

Post by andreihaiducul » Tue, 27. Sep 16, 17:42

Joefesok wrote:This is sounding pretty cool. Have you tested this on existing saves or saves where the player has a mission?
Screenshot is from such a save!

Cassin
x4

Post by Cassin » Fri, 30. Sep 16, 16:52

Hi,

I started a new game with L-U (first time !) after several years off X3, and the few I've seen until there is really, really great !

There's only with the assets screen that I've got some "read-text" issues :

[ external image ]

(and beside the missiles line, bottom left)

Does anybody know what causing this ? I downloaded TC and AP from french, but in french (Steam is in franch by default) ; I first changed the language with the X-language changer soft but as I didn't have the audio I changed the language within Steam and now the audio and text are in english, is it possible this is due to my first install in french ?

Thanks !
Au nord, c'était les Borons. La terre, c'était tout au fond. Le ciel, était plein de thons. Les hommes, c'était des poissons.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Fri, 30. Sep 16, 21:10

It sounds like you didn't fully follow the CleanInstall instructions. Notice that you have to create a copy of the game in a directory separate of Steam, download and install a no-Steam executable and setup a shortcut to it that always uses English in the game: http://litcube.xtimelines.net/wiki/inde ... eanInstall
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

mtlmaks
x3ap

Post by mtlmaks » Sat, 1. Oct 16, 04:11

Hi there,
I have a little problem with my dock agents selling wares: I have 3 moneymaker complexes that produce weapons that I haul to my HQ to be sold by the dock agents. I recently started adding other complexes to produce HQ wares like teladianium, rimes, etc., that I allow to overstock at the HQ so that I can sell the excess. Now all my DAs only sell those overstocked wares and completely ignore my moneymaker wares, which pile up at the HQ. I have 10 DAs just for selling, and they still only sell those cheap wares. Is there a way to prioritize the selling of certain wares? Maybe I'd better have those weapons be sold directly from their complexes? But it seems that this way the market can quickly get saturated, which is not the case when sold through the dock, I heard. Any suggestions? Thanks!

P.S.: I should add that right now all the selling DAs are Baldric Haulers. It sure seems that their cargo hold is not big enough to quickly sell big amounts of small wares. For the weapons, a.k.a. moneymaker wares, I want fast ships though, and I don't see if or how you could assign certain wares only to certain ships, or am I missing something?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”