[Mod] UT CaC Advanced Renaming

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Mon, 19. Sep 16, 19:04

Thanks will wait and try that update then.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Tue, 20. Sep 16, 18:25

Just published this Mod in the Steam Workshop and updated the Version available here.

Changes:
=> Added new Expressions ( %freightclass %stage*# )
=> Fixed Black
=> and a Surprise for CEOs of big Companies in XR :D
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Tue, 20. Sep 16, 19:46

Hi Uni

have just downloaded your updated mod and singlet patch mod firstly i tried the full mod and in naming a ship in black has an issue in when renaming on clicking on the rename button disappear like when you first started this mod.

Secondly going back to older mod i added the singlet mod with the content and t file and tried that naming screen stays but i get this as the name /blk trader ship with no colour change.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Tue, 20. Sep 16, 20:21

no idea whats going wrong there.. seems i have to check my linux setup, since both windows and linux should have exactly the same contents (made sure to sync both via github first, and usually writing the Scripts under linux and testing it under windows) - well, now re-packed the Archive from Windows..

sorry for the inconvinience...

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Tue, 20. Sep 16, 22:54

It's no problem you make mods we use them and we report issues till fully working will try again later once you've corrected things.

good luck.

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Wed, 21. Sep 16, 15:27

Hi again Uni.

I see you have now placed this mod on steam workshop good to have auto updates and no need to delete old to install new updates.

Well done i'm now trying it and the black naming is working fine no issues to speak of.

Miniding
x4

Post by Miniding » Fri, 23. Sep 16, 14:51

I uni!

I may ask you a question about it...

Is your mod French compatible?
Especially the purpose ? Is the result of expressions in our script or is it related to ingame one?

For exemple,
Fight in English => F
Combat in French =< Should result C
and so...

Any need of a test by me may be?

Thanks anyway for the mod!!
Miniding
X3 Reunion - X3 Terran Conflict - X3 Albion Prelude - X Rebirth - X4 CE...

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Fri, 23. Sep 16, 15:33

i did only include languages i know (english and german). it shoud default to english. but its simple to also include more languages ;) cannt talk abou the details currently, will get back to you later

Miniding
x4

Post by Miniding » Fri, 23. Sep 16, 16:57

Anytime Uni.
My English will be enough to help you with any translation you need... If I may help you, it will be a plaisure.
Mp me when you'll be free.
Miniding

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Fri, 23. Sep 16, 18:02

ok, short Manual how to translate an Extension (can be applied to any):

=> Copy the Common Language File ( 0001.xml in the t folder) and name it 0001-L033.xml (for french; other L-numbers are for other Languages) - if such file is not present use 0001-L044.xml as file to copy (english text file)
=> Open the File and Translate the contained Entries (everything between <t id="***"> and </t>)
=> save and done.

there is one specific thing for this Extension though:
instead of Translating Expressions directly please use new Entries in Page 5554301 with the t id 1000 and following to convert the language-specific expression to the common language english - this makes sure Savegames are Portable between diffrent Language Games (if a small setting is activated)
it simply replaces all even numbered Entries with the following odd numbered ones.
(for the Results just translate directly, there it doesnt matter)

btw: if you need some Chars in your Language which you cannot type in XR directly this Extension also helps you (subaluigi was a big fan of a similiar Mod back in X3 because it allowed him to type French Chars ^^)

Miniding
x4

Post by Miniding » Sat, 24. Sep 16, 20:44

Ok! I'm not totally sure how to use this but I will give it a try very soon... When I'll be able to stay more than few secs sitting in front of my PC... I just went out of hospital few days ago so it's a bit difficult for now...

Thanks for the infos, will try to do so!

Will tell you about my results anyway...

Thanks again
Regards

EDIT :

Ok I just got an eye on the file .....-033.xml I made from your original -049.xml one.

I think I found where to go...

Will keep you on touch 8)
Miniding

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sun, 25. Sep 16, 16:02

just noticed the L049 file isnt entirely up to date - i forgot to add some expressions i added when i made the first steam version there. to be exact its these Entries in Page 5554302:

Code: Select all

<!-- Freight Class Expression and Results -->
  <t id="200">%freightclass</t>
  <t id="201">U(niversal - equals BCEL)</t>
  <t id="202">B(ulk)</t>
  <t id="203">C(ontainer)</t>
  <t id="204">E(nergy)</t>
  <t id="205">L(iquid)</t>
  <t id="206">F(uel)</t><!-- For Completeness; unused -->
  <t id="207">S(hips)</t><!-- For Completeness; implemented but shouldnt appear in regular game -->
  <t id="208">I(nventory)</t><!-- For Completeness; implemented but shouldnt appear in regular game -->
  <t id="209">M(ultiple)</t>
  <!-- Station Building Stages (Vanilla sequences only; will be made more general once standard string functions are available)) -->
  <t id="301">%stageA#</t>
  <t id="302">%stageB#</t>
  <t id="303">%stageC#</t>
  <t id="304">%stageD#</t>
  <t id="305">%stageE#</t>
  <t id="306">%stageF#</t>
  <t id="307">%stageG#</t>
  <t id="308">%stageH#</t>
  <t id="309">%stageI#</t>

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sun, 25. Sep 16, 19:31

ok, once more update time here:

=> new Function: Mass Renaming Big Ship/Small Ship Subordinates only
=> new expressions:
-> %subnumber - serial number of Subordinate when mass renaming
-> %subtotal - total number of Subordinates
Note: when mass renaming small/big Ships both apply to the specific sub-set of subordinates only.
=> Fixed/Completed German Lang File
=> some preperation work to work togehter with another mod of mine (not functional yet)

DL Link is still the same.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rmsr6jay7bnwu ... ng.7z?dl=1

will update steam version later..

Miniding
x4

Post by Miniding » Mon, 26. Sep 16, 10:53

Ok Thanks I will work on French with the updated version.

I just notice Something "Strange" for my first try to translate... I was able to rename one of my ships with the %PURPOSE expression. Worked in french, but I wasn't enable to delete it after that even fully renaming manually vanilla way...

Any idea why?

Thanks again for the work!

Regards.
Miniding

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Mon, 26. Sep 16, 12:09

did you use the single or mass renaming function? mass renaming leaves the current ship unaffected. also upper case expressions are just for internal usage, i made all useable expressions lower case (i do some double-conversions with an intermediate upper case)

anyway will check this at home..

Miniding
x4

Post by Miniding » Mon, 26. Sep 16, 17:41

Ok I got to manage all translation for L033 Page...

Sorry for this maybe noob(as I am in dev) question but when I insert my L033 page in your mod, the 3 button you add in renaming screen are titled some "READ-TEXT..." and seem to lock out renaming anything after that.

I heard you when you say "will check when at home" and I don't want to bother you. I'm just interested in the mod and want to get involved in for once as I always used community's Mods form X3 to now...

Thanks again
Miniding

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Mon, 26. Sep 16, 17:48

sounds to me like you broke the syntax ot the t file (some <t id="****">Text</t> not properly closed/opened, like deleted one char too much..)

either check it with a proper xml editor (should highlight the Error) or feel free to send me the file ;)

btw: question about personal tastes for this Mod: for the color codes and skills i restricted my expressions to 3 letter combos to prevent the Names from getting overly long, for other expressions i used a completely desriptive (but a bit long) expression - which way would you prefer? (i personally think shorter expressions are better - less chance for mistakes)

PS deleted a duplicate of the previous post

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Mon, 26. Sep 16, 20:50

ok, small update on the not accepting changes issue:

there are actually 2 Issues here:
1) If you use the Name from the superior unchanged for the subordinates it will not accept the input because the Name (for the current Object) didnt change
2) Some UI Vars are not cleared (which i thought were) and therefore when you did once use mass renaming every next renaming will be a mass renaming when you intend it to be a renaming of the current Object

will work on fixing both, but as stopgap measure either use the debug line and type "reloadui" or reload a Savegame - both should reload the UI and clear these wrong Variables
Sorry about that, these are one of my first steps in changint something in the UI like Adding buttons

Miniding
x4

Post by Miniding » Mon, 26. Sep 16, 21:05

UniTrader wrote:sounds to me like you broke the syntax ot the t file (some <t id="****">Text</t> not properly closed/opened, like deleted one char too much..)

either check it with a proper xml editor (should highlight the Error) or feel free to send me the file ;)
I edit with Notepad++ and Neither me or it found mistake open/closed ... I4m not an expert though...
UniTrader wrote: ...

btw: question about personal tastes for this Mod: for the color codes and skills i restricted my expressions to 3 letter combos to prevent the Names from getting overly long, for other expressions i used a completely desriptive (but a bit long) expression - which way would you prefer? (i personally think shorter expressions are better - less chance for mistakes)

I'm not sure I understand exectly what you mean but I think I see your point... Also think shorter expressions are better and probably more easy to manage with furher updates or functions...
UniTrader wrote: ...
PS deleted a duplicate of the previous post
Sorry for that. Some browser freezing happend yesterday when answering to you... won't happen again. Strange I didn't see it yesterday when reading my post after, bye the way.

Here's what I modified in L033 file

Code: Select all

<!-- Objectputposes -->
  <t id="11001">%PURPOSE:</t><!-- just for defining the prefix for the next Entries, no actual replacement -->
  <t id="11002">%PURPOSE:trade</t>
  <t id="11003">Commerce</t>
  <t id="11004">%PURPOSE:fight</t>
  <t id="11005">Combat</t>
  <t id="11006">%PURPOSE:build</t>
  <t id="11007">Construction</t>
  <t id="11008">%PURPOSE:mine</t>
  <t id="11009">Minage</t>
  <t id="11010">%PURPOSE:hack</t>
  <t id="11011">Piratage</t>
  <t id="11012">%PURPOSE:scan</t>
  <t id="11013">Scanner</t>
  <!-- Freight Class Expression and Results -->
  <t id="200">%freightclass</t>
  <t id="201">U(niversel - equals VCEL)</t>
  <t id="202">V(rac)</t>
  <t id="203">C(onteneur)</t>
  <t id="204">E(nergie)</t>
  <t id="205">L(iquide)</t>
  <t id="206">F(uel)</t><!-- For Completeness; unused -->
  <t id="207">S(hips)</t><!-- For Completeness; implemented but shouldnt appear in regular game -->
  <t id="208">I(nventaire)</t><!-- For Completeness; implemented but shouldnt appear in regular game -->
  <t id="209">M(ultiple)</t>
<t id="1001">                             Renommer en masse</t><!--leading spaces intentional to center text till i find out how to do it properly-->
  <t id="1002">Tous les Subordonnés</t>
  <t id="1003">Renommer tous les subordonnés du Vasseau/Station</t>
  <t id="1004">Gros Vaisseaux</t>
  <t id="1005">Renommer uniquement les L/XL subordonnés à vaisseau/Station</t>
  <t id="1006">Petits vaisseaux</t>
  <t id="1007">Renommer uniquement les S/M subordonnés à vaisseau/Station</t>
  <t id="1008">Sélection du logo \(Sera appliqué au prochain passage au Chantier Naval)</t>
  <t id="1009">Logo Superieur/Par défaut</t>
  <t id="1010">Logo actuel</t>
Maybe I broke some function when translating...

Thanks again for the work
Miniding

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Mon, 26. Sep 16, 21:36

just tested it and it worked for me.. no idea what was wronf with your File..
see here
btw: is there a shorter term for "Tous les Subordonnés"? because its longer than the button, and i dont want to start resizing buttons based on Language Needs... anyway, just Updated the dropbox Version:

Chages:
=> French Language Added (still needs some refinement)
=> Fixed: several Issues with renaming the wrong/no Objects
=> as sideeffect a manual Name Update is now possible by Renaming but leaving the Name unchanged

Link is still the same
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rmsr6jay7bnwu ... ng.7z?dl=1

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”