[MOD UI][LU] Litcube's Universe Gold UI HUD **UPDATED for LU 1.7.2**

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Ghost140
x4

Post by Ghost140 » Sat, 3. Sep 16, 01:15

Had the same issue with LU 1.7.2 thanks Illuminatus that worked.

For a bit more clarification for others the XML file you want to open in addon\t: is 8383-L044

Use find and look for page id="350035" and you should see this:

Code: Select all

<page id="350035" title="Menu strings misc" descr="0" voice="no">
    <t id="4600"></t>
    <t id="4601"></t>
 </page>
should look like this:

Code: Select all

<page id="350035" title="Menu strings misc" descr="0" voice="no">
    <t id="4600"></t>
    <t id="4601"></t>
    <t id="112">Chaff</t>
  </page>
Thanks again Illuminatus

weltall2
x3ap

Post by weltall2 » Sun, 4. Sep 16, 16:26

I am having a problem with installing the GUI. Actually, I am having a problem installing both this and the other Trixx's GUI installer found on the main site.

When I try to install it and choose the folder, I get this message;
X3:Albion Prelude does not seem to be installed in that folder, or you do not have the X3AP no-steam.exe in the folder. Please select the correct folder.
I have to admit I am not using anymore Terran Conflict/Albion Prelude from steam. I decided to get the GOG Terran War Pack, but I am guessing it is incompatible? That or all the previous installations and uninstallations of X3, have messed things up in my PC.

Also, using the no-steam exe to replace temporarily the X3AP, does not make the installer continue either.

Microjet
x4

Post by Microjet » Sun, 18. Sep 16, 03:31

weltall2 wrote:I am having a problem with installing the GUI. Actually, I am having a problem installing both this and the other Trixx's GUI installer found on the main site.

When I try to install it and choose the folder, I get this message;
X3:Albion Prelude does not seem to be installed in that folder, or you do not have the X3AP no-steam.exe in the folder. Please select the correct folder.
I have to admit I am not using anymore Terran Conflict/Albion Prelude from steam. I decided to get the GOG Terran War Pack, but I am guessing it is incompatible? That or all the previous installations and uninstallations of X3, have messed things up in my PC.

Also, using the no-steam exe to replace temporarily the X3AP, does not make the installer continue either.
I'm using the Steam copy of TC/AP and having the same trouble with the LUGUIV1.2.6.exe file. Can't get it to recognise the game folder at all :( and I am getting the same message.

I have followed Litcube's wiki (A) instructions up to this point and there are no other mods installed besides the LU ones.

weltall2
x3ap

Post by weltall2 » Mon, 19. Sep 16, 05:18

I am glad I waited patiently before removing the one I installed to test with the Steam one :D

Well that sucks. These UIs look absolutely fantastic. I actually put on a pause my play only because I really want one of them. :|

mrmistophelees
x3ap

Post by mrmistophelees » Tue, 20. Sep 16, 01:09

I also am getting the error about not having the nosteam.exe in the directory, even though it is. And the installer itself cannot be opened as an archive and extracted by 7zip.

So can the OP, or anyone who has it, update/upload this GUI so that it can be installed, even manually?

Thank you in advance!

Tiberseptim
x4

Post by Tiberseptim » Sun, 25. Sep 16, 21:57

mrmistophelees wrote:I also am getting the error about not having the nosteam.exe in the directory, even though it is. And the installer itself cannot be opened as an archive and extracted by 7zip.

So can the OP, or anyone who has it, update/upload this GUI so that it can be installed, even manually?

Thank you in advance!
The gui installer, and the gui installer alone, is looking for both an x3ap.exe and a file named x3ap_n.exe. I think the idea is that one of these would be the original steam exe (renamed _n) and the other is the no-steam version I guess?

Anyways the simple solution is create another copy of the no-steam exe, rename it x3ap_n.exe and place it into the directory you've installed the litcube universe stuff into. It doesn't have to be a copy of the original steam exe. Just make sure that the exe you run is the no steam version - and to be safe just make both of them no steam versions.

Anyways with both x3ap.exe and x3ap_n.exe in the directory the installer worked fine for me.

nelG3010
x4

Post by nelG3010 » Wed, 5. Oct 16, 00:16

I too had the readtext problem - not only with chaff but with total assests in the personal console. My fix was to copy the t folder from a clean LU install (without Gold UI) and paste/replace it in a with-Gold UI install.

weltall2
x3ap

Post by weltall2 » Thu, 29. Dec 16, 03:45

Tiberseptim wrote:snip
Thanks a lot benevolent Emperor. You saved the day and helped me get it to work! Really appreciate it =)

Danny200
xr

Post by Danny200 » Mon, 22. Jan 18, 02:42

Hey does this mod still work? Or is it still buggy and have errors?

raBBish
x3ap

Post by raBBish » Wed, 14. Mar 18, 12:22

The readtext error with Chaff and Total Asset Value is caused by the installer including addon/t/8383-L044.xml and replacing the one installed by LU with an outdated one. There are multiple missing or outdated text entries. The included version doesn't seem to have any additions, so I figure it was included by accident. Also included are copies of 8384-L044.xml and 8385-L044.xml, but these don't break anything because they still happen to be up-to-date.

To fix, replace addon/t/8383-L044.xml with this file, copied from unmodified X3LU 1.7.2 install: https://gist.githubusercontent.com/poll ... 3-L044.xml

And full diff listing of the files for the curious, where red means missing from Gold UI version of the file: https://gist.github.com/pollyzoid/67b89 ... 2742d40ea9

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Wed, 21. Mar 18, 05:21

Updated for LU v1.7.2

Sorry for neglecting my packages. Life got a bit crazy and ended up on the losing end of my priorities.

TheObscenotron
x4

Re: [MOD UI][LU] Litcube's Universe Gold UI HUD **UPDATED for LU 1.7.2**

Post by TheObscenotron » Sat, 5. Oct 19, 06:09

Hey I just installed this a bit ago and am having trouble reverting to TrixX's Azure. I've rerun LUGUIV1.2.7.exe as indicated, but the gold UI remains. It seems as if the LUGUI installer is failing to execute a file copy or something; maybe it's flagged as installed and just silently failing? No errors on install, btw, just a "successfully installed" message.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Sat, 5. Oct 19, 11:27

TheObscenotron wrote:
Sat, 5. Oct 19, 06:09
Hey I just installed this a bit ago and am having trouble reverting to TrixX's Azure. I've rerun LUGUIV1.2.7.exe as indicated, but the gold UI remains. It seems as if the LUGUI installer is failing to execute a file copy or something; maybe it's flagged as installed and just silently failing? No errors on install, btw, just a "successfully installed" message.

1) Delete 10 cat/dat
2) Copy files from the archive to the root folder of the game.
Last edited by alexalsp on Wed, 23. Oct 19, 01:29, edited 3 times in total.

TheObscenotron
x4

Post by TheObscenotron » Sun, 6. Oct 19, 09:03

Thanks very much!

azaghal
xr

Post by azaghal » Tue, 22. Oct 19, 20:37

TheObscenotron wrote:
Sat, 5. Oct 19, 06:09

Well, this got me a bit head-scratching as well, so although the OP's issue has been resolved, I'll try to provide at least what happened in my case. Small disclaimer, I have installed Litcube's Universe through Wine on GNU/Linux (Debian) - not sure if that could be an issue.

What happened to me was that I had 10.cat and 10.dat already as a "fake patch" as part of the X-Missions Reloaded, and - from what I can tell - the installer overwrote the file.

So, I just removed the 10.cat and 10.dat, reran the default Litcube's Universe GUI installer, reapplied my "fake patch" for XM-R, and everything was fine.

@solarahawk: If you still happen to be reading this topic, does the installer always write out the mod into 10.cat/10.dat files or does it try to do something more intelligent?

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Wed, 23. Oct 19, 01:10

Based on the fact that the installer overwrites your file, this is always. Before installation, you can rename your file to 11 cat or use the link above.

1) Delete 10 cat/dat
2) Copy files from the archive to the root folder of the game.

https://drive.google.com/uc?id=10cNcWls ... t=download

Spoiler
Show

Vision09

Post by Vision09 » Sat, 20. Jan 24, 17:29

The download links look to be broken. They just say [external image] and link to an image of a download button @ https://www.egosoft.com/img/button_download.gif

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Sat, 20. Jan 24, 19:03

solarahawk wrote:
Tue, 19. May 15, 06:50
Litcube's Universe Gold UI HUD

UPDATED for LU 1.7.2

My all-time favorite HUD design is TrixX's X-Universe Gold UI for TC/AP, which I have modified with some of my own tweaks for my game. I missed having it in LU, so I have ported it over, and I figured, after checking with TrixX, I might as well share it with y'all in case any of you like it too.

Features:

* Gold/Red/Grey color scheme

* New gravidar design adapted from bolgimo's jc hud:

EXE Installer (Mediafire)

Installation:

* Run the exe installer, just as you would for the main LU GUI installer, and point the installer to the main X3 game directory in which LU is installed.

* To restore the game to one of the original LU GUI styles, or TrixX's variants, rerun the original GUI installer from the LU wiki. All files will be restored.

Compatibility Notes:

Should be compatible with most mods and plugins, except for other UI mods.

Screenshots:
Spoiler
Show
Click images to view gallery with full-size images
Image[/b]
Last edited by X2-Illuminatus on Sun, 21. Jan 24, 10:13, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed links in opening post

Vision09

Post by Vision09 » Sun, 21. Jan 24, 17:06

Thank you :thumb_up: :)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”