Script & Mod Requests

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Fri, 12. Aug 16, 00:06

Is it possible to have the radar on one screen, and the target info / misc info on another screen? Rather than having to switch with the keyboard shortcut.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Fri, 12. Aug 16, 00:46

ajax34i wrote:Is it possible to have the radar on one screen, and the target info / misc info on another screen? Rather than having to switch with the keyboard shortcut.
Oh how I dream of this! :roll:
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Parkan2005

Post by Parkan2005 » Tue, 16. Aug 16, 18:09

Hello to all.I have some cheat script or hack request for x rebirth:make all player ships\stations\drones become immortal.

Is it possible to create something like this or where i can download?

Thank you for assistance.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 16. Aug 16, 18:24

Have a look at "Simoom's Lantern" - Ultimate Cheat Menu. It should allow you to make ships and stations invincible.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

ZaphodBeeblebrox
x4

Make NPC ships built at Shipyards useful

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox » Tue, 23. Aug 16, 08:39

If ships are still built at shipyards as a resource sink, can they be made useful.

Can they be turned into exploration / survey / long range patrol vessels that go off deep into unexplored territory and then mysteriously vanish?

Can they then become mission targets that the player must find and can then claim / capture?
It was a woman who drove me to drink... you know I never went back and thanked her.

Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes. I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Sat, 27. Aug 16, 09:10

This is just idea or request for mod :D

Would it be possible to actually rewrite original plot and improve on it. XR plot is just way too boring and short. Plus it don't make much sense anyway...... For example plot where we need to jump start DV economy. Building fleet to push PMC back (if it fails we need to do it all over again ). Or even continue where Egosoft left off ?
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

Ovni
xr

Post by Ovni » Sat, 27. Aug 16, 12:05

A mod to solve this problem would be awesome. Not sure how moddable the dialogs are in X Rebirth.

EDIT: I'd also love a mod to make all station icons visible through the station's geometry.

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Mon, 29. Aug 16, 17:55

Can someone please MOD if possible Contruction URV killed of enemy ship giving you negative faction with local friendly factions?

:evil:

nik_nv

Post by nik_nv » Tue, 6. Sep 16, 20:33

Is it possible to assign the mining drones to a station, so the station will do direct mining of a near, in-sector resources without any mining ships?

Thanks.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Tue, 6. Sep 16, 20:42

my Manager Script already does that for Gasses, but Minerals are a diffrent matter since the rocks are usually far away from the Station, so not much sense to do this.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=381720

Note: Do not use in Arreas possibly dangerous for your Ships yet - managed Ships are currently oblivious to Dangers and Fight Ships are not used yet (working on that feature, but not release-ready yet)
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

nik_nv

Post by nik_nv » Tue, 6. Sep 16, 20:49

Thanks UniTrader, nice mod, I see the effects now. I'm not so good in scripting, so would you please tell me what file and particular code fragments in your mod does do that local mining operations or just tell me how to enable local gathering of other resources.

Thanks you!

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Tue, 6. Sep 16, 21:49

Minerals are excluded in
aiscripts/ut.cac.com.manager.gatherressources.xml
in the section beginning with line 67. if you change this line from
<do_if value="$wareslist.{$i}.tags.indexof.{tag.liquid}">
to
<do_if value="$wareslist.{$i}.tags.indexof.{tag.liquid} or $wareslist.{$i}.tags.indexof.{tag.bulk}">

This does not allow the equipping of Mining Drones yet, thouth. this has to be done in the file
md/MainMenu.xml
where you have to add the lines:

Code: Select all

<do_if value="not $eventparam2.{11}.indexof.{ware.drp_surfaceminer_mk1.id}">
           <append_to_list name="$eventparam2.{11}" exact="ware.drp_surfaceminer_mk1.id"/>
         </do_if>
          <do_if value="not $eventparam2.{11}.indexof.{ware.drp_surfaceminer_mk2.id}">
           <append_to_list name="$eventparam2.{11}" exact="ware.drp_surfaceminer_mk2.id"/>
</do_if>
should be obvious where to add them ;)

note that the Station will still send out Gas Collector Drones if present when Mining - this is a purely visual effect and has nothing to do with what the Station mines - i simply didnt get around to add proper behavior for Surface Miners (or distinct between both during actual Mining)

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

nik_nv

Post by nik_nv » Wed, 7. Sep 16, 06:42

Wow, It's not that complicated, thanks for the advice!

Derp

Post by Derp » Fri, 9. Sep 16, 16:10

I've noticed that none of the existing zones in Toride and Cold Star in the Home of Light expansion have build points. I know I can just drop stuff in Empty Space and rename it "Otani HQ," but that doesn't feel like I'm really part of the game. I mean, why have the zones there in the first place, right?

Would someone who knows a more efficient way of doing it than my current process of randomly changing coordinates and rebooting the game to see how they walk around mind modding some in? I'm already using CWIR, so if you're connected to that mod, just chuck 'em in the next version, would be great. Thanks!

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Fri, 9. Sep 16, 20:37

i could give you some hints how to interpret the coordinates so you dont have to change as randomly:

+x is in default View to the right of the Map (and -x to the left)
+z is to the top of the Map (and -z to the bottom)
+y is above the Zone level towards the camera in zone map (and -y is below/away from the cam)

or explained in another way:

when sitting in your Ship and looking "North"/to the top of the Map the coordinate sytem of your screen matches the Zone Coordinate system:
+X is right (-x left)
+Y is top of the screen (-y bottom)
+Z is in front of your Ship (-z behind)

Also a script which displays your coordinaes every few seconds might be helpful, i may type something together this WE..

nik_nv

Post by nik_nv » Sun, 11. Sep 16, 22:23

Guys, is there any mod which can move player' station to a new location?

Vovva
x4

Post by Vovva » Sun, 11. Sep 16, 22:38

Hello) Are any gides about adding new station/custom ship to the game exist? Is it possible?

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sun, 11. Sep 16, 22:59

Guides are not available, but there are mods which add new Ships and Stations, made from existing Parts though. There is also a 3rd party Converter for XR Meshes to/from .dae but it was not used by many modders yet - there are only two mods i am aware of which used it: the Capital Bridge Mod, and my Faction Logo Mod, but my dae was edited as raw xml so i cannt help you with the details for modelling, i just used it to get a quadratic plane into the game, thats all..

As first step for any modding i recommend to extract the Game files. for this purpose get the XR Modding Tools offered by EGO ( http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=363625 ), put this batch file in their Folder and run it:

Code: Select all

mkdir "..\X Rebirth\XR_extracted"
XRcatTool.exe -in "..\X Rebirth\01.cat" "..\X Rebirth\02.cat" "..\X Rebirth\03.cat" "..\X Rebirth\04.cat" "..\X Rebirth\05.cat" "..\X Rebirth\06.cat" "..\X Rebirth\07.cat" "..\X Rebirth\08.cat" "..\X Rebirth\09.cat" "..\X Rebirth\10.cat" -out "..\X Rebirth\XR_extracted"
after about 15 minutes it should be done and you can find all extracted files in the X Rebirth Folder under "XR_extracted".

JladBlind

Post by JladBlind » Fri, 16. Sep 16, 15:37

I want to remove 4 line of show_notification in nofitications.xml
2 of cue name: BaseRelationChanged, 2 of cue name: PlayerMoneyTransfer. Any one help me. Thanks

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Fri, 16. Sep 16, 15:52

related context in file wold be helpful. cannt look it up currently.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”