[SCRIPT] Salvage Command Suite V4.11 [29/12/2012]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Tue, 10. May 16, 20:27

Apologies ASSTEROIDS, didn't realise it was due to this mod.
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

ASSTEROIDS

Post by ASSTEROIDS » Tue, 10. May 16, 20:31

Don't worry about it, thanks for the answering me.

ASSTEROIDS

Post by ASSTEROIDS » Tue, 10. May 16, 20:47

Is there a specific script I can remove that will eliminate the ship when I start a new game? I don't think i'll need its functions (even if it worked as intended).

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Tue, 10. May 16, 23:05

Hi,

You can try this to disable the MPW:

In the script 'scs.pirate.mobile.warehouse', you should see these lines:

Code: Select all

020   if not $mpw -> exists
021   |$ship.data = create new array, arguments=$name, $pilot, null, null, null
022 @ |$mpw = [THIS] -> call script 'scs.mod.check' :  FN='*Create MPW'  OBJ=15000  DATA=$ship.data
023 @ |= wait 10000 ms
024 @ |= $mpw -> call script '!move.jumptosector' :  sector=$HOME  should followers jump too=[TRUE]
025   else
026   |$mpw ->set name to $name
027   end
Comment out lines 21 - 26

It's a bit of a kludge, but the best I can come up with off the top of my head.

ASSTEROIDS

Post by ASSTEROIDS » Tue, 10. May 16, 23:44

I didn't think you'd actually dig in the file... I'm sure there is nothing wrong with the salvage suite as I remember using this exact same version on my last installation. The joke is that i used the same mods too... I guess the culprit is one of the mod that has been updated in the last 3 years. But this is too obscure, probably days fiddling around to find what, so truncating the problem is fine with me. I just hope the rest of the suite is ok.

It's cool that there are still people unto this game, for me it marks an epoch of top competence, the best games are around this point.

Thank you for looking into it, I will try it if you tell me what free .xml editor I can use.

ASSTEROIDS

Post by ASSTEROIDS » Wed, 11. May 16, 05:27

Well, i'm not sure I want to try your suggestion after all...I found the perfect use for your bug; squash another bug :twisted:

You see, I use a version of revelation that is adapted (By Akeela) to work with XRM, and after testing around, I stumbled upon a sector containing something like 50 friendly mammoths (unknown military null). Turning revelation off remove the mammoths. But revelation seems to work (still not 100% sure) and I want it, so this mammoth problem is probably an oversight from Akeela when he replaced the ships, or maybe an intentional oversight for some kind of other reason.

Now, my turets don't attack them since they are friend, but I can shoot them without loss of reputation. I sent in your "field of view", with only xenons and Kha'ak enabled as a foe. Sure enough he started destroying those mammoths at a sufficient rate, one red at a time.

Since there is nothing else in the sector (Mu Epilson), I'll keep it like that if everything else works, I think I can even like the idea of an industrial sector that keeps on producing friendly mammoths I can destroy for free, I'll surely plant a few stations there...

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Wed, 11. May 16, 06:52

Mammoths = BUG 99.99% of the time :D
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Wed, 11. May 16, 07:21

Whatever works!

:wink:

ASSTEROIDS

Post by ASSTEROIDS » Sat, 14. May 16, 04:16

I decided to get rid of Revelation (too many problems) and X3AP TCplots (Too risky).

Concerning Salvage suite, I don't find the option for universe salvager, are there requirements?

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Sat, 14. May 16, 07:13

The Universal Salvager was another script I think.

I did write an 'Area Salvager' you could hire from the Pirate Warehouse that would salvage up to 13 sectors at a time, but I'm not sure if I released that.

ASSTEROIDS

Post by ASSTEROIDS » Sat, 14. May 16, 07:42

Ah, I'll read about and maybe try salvage commands and npc tomorrow.

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Sat, 2. Jul 16, 03:13

Have you had any luck with a LU compatible version ?
even if it's missing some functionality.

mcaule
x4

Post by mcaule » Mon, 11. Jul 16, 11:31

Joelnh wrote:Have you had any luck with a LU compatible version ?
It is working with LU, though not all functions are working correctly and software is missing instead it gives {Unused} item in ED. There could be something else too, I didn't test it all thoroughly.
I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds...

nightspore333
x3tc

Post by nightspore333 » Tue, 2. Aug 16, 17:20

TECSG wrote:Hi ASSTEROIDS,

Sorry to hear you're having issues. The 'Field of View' is the Mobile Pirate Warehouse, it is not given to the Player, but is one of the 'Independant' races.

Is one of the other mods you use playing around with the default races?
Also having the bug with getting ownership of the MPW; seems to be a conflict with Improved Races 2.0. Soon as the MPW spawns it attacks a Pirate ship in Loomanckstrat & I start getting spammed with Betty's 'one of my ships being attacked' notices & gives me full control.

I tried dropping back to 4.07 & keeping the MPW in null, but soon as i go to 4.11 it spawns.

firefightervf06
x3tc

Debris

Post by firefightervf06 » Wed, 10. Aug 16, 12:14

Hi, so I've been using this script for a couple weeks along with the NPC Bailing one. I love it, it's added so much to the game and I'm just now experimenting with the MRS and MPW-haven't used them yet.

My questions are this: Is there a way to search for debris fields or best sector for debris? Secondly: When I use the "best area for salvage" it comes up with a cardinal's domain. I go there and flew all the over the freaking place and found 3 ships. What is it detecting that I'm not seeing?

Thanks so much, hopefully someone still reads this that can help me.

nightspore333
x3tc

Re: Debris

Post by nightspore333 » Fri, 12. Aug 16, 12:32

firefightervf06 wrote:Hi, so I've been using this script for a couple weeks along with the NPC Bailing one. I love it, it's added so much to the game and I'm just now experimenting with the MRS and MPW-haven't used them yet.

My questions are this: Is there a way to search for debris fields or best sector for debris? Secondly: When I use the "best area for salvage" it comes up with a cardinal's domain. I go there and flew all the over the freaking place and found 3 ships. What is it detecting that I'm not seeing?

Thanks so much, hopefully someone still reads this that can help me.
Best area also includes all of the sectors surrounding Cardinal's Domain, so while there may be only 3 or 4 ships in that sector, you also have to check the surrounding areas.

Don't know about the debris fields, as I don't really care about them so I never looked for them.

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Fri, 12. Aug 16, 21:07

Hi firefightervf06,

Unfortunately, Debris fields do not show up as something detectable by the script engine.

There is a list of the sectors with debris in the SCS manual though.

The 'best sector' is based on sectors where you have a presence (factory, ship or satellite), it's probably not the best in the game, but best you have sensor data for.

Use the MPW it has a 'Salvage Area' command that will salvage up to 13 sectors simultaneously and once you get to 100% trustworthy, you can use it remotely!

firefightervf06
x3tc

Post by firefightervf06 » Wed, 17. Aug 16, 05:48

Thanks for the info!

TECSG
x3tc

Post by TECSG » Wed, 17. Aug 16, 07:55

You're welcome.

Sorry for the delay, the forum keeps stopping telling me when there's new messages on my thread!

Nerin

Post by Nerin » Fri, 2. Sep 16, 23:04

mcaule wrote:
Joelnh wrote:Have you had any luck with a LU compatible version ?
It is working with LU, though not all functions are working correctly and software is missing instead it gives {Unused} item in ED. There could be something else too, I didn't test it all thoroughly.
For me It breaks OCV progression (which is one of the main reason for LU...). OCV is still spawning its ships and producing wares but sitting idle in its sector forever.
[s]And now I have some problems with uninstalling it from existing save... after deleting all files of the script game constantly reopen some strange menus with readtexts. [/s] NWM, found an uninstall option in the menu.
Immediatly after pressing uninstall I got message about OCV invasion.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”