Operation Final Fury question

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

linkirkman

Operation Final Fury question

Post by linkirkman » Tue, 30. Aug 16, 06:02

Hello! I am having a problem with the second mission in Operation Final Fury. I eject my advanced satellite but even though I get near the Kha'ak Station the scan will not begin. Could you help me with this mission?

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 30. Aug 16, 10:23

Spychotic writes in walkthrough: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 23#3465923
"slow down to below 125m/s"
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

linkirkman

Post by linkirkman » Tue, 30. Aug 16, 14:05

When I get to the station, I slow down to under 125 m/s but the mission doesn't change - the briefing still says to dump the satellite at the sector center. I dump the satellite as soon as I enter the sector and go to the sector. Do I need to slow down to under 125 m/s at a certain distance from the station? Or do I need to approach the station at 125 m/s starting as soon as I enter the sector?

linkirkman

Post by linkirkman » Tue, 30. Aug 16, 17:46

If anyone can help me with this problem, I would really appreciate it! I really enjoy X3:TC and the Final Fury campaign but can't get beyond the second mission. After I get the satellite, the message comes up to go to the Kha'ak sector. When i enter the sector, the message to drop the satellite in the center of the sector comes up but I read where I need to dump the satellite right away. I've done that, but the briefing doesn't change and when I get near the station, I slow down to under 125 m/s but the scanning doesn't start. I am using the cheat command console - does that mess anything up with the mission? I've used it on other missions and it works fine. I would appreciate any help ya'll can give!

Honved
x3tc

Post by Honved » Tue, 30. Aug 16, 19:27

Does it tell you to deploy an Advanced Satellite, or merely a Navigational Satellite? I also believe that it has to be within some maximum distance from the center of the sector, so you may have to get a little closer before deploying, but no need to fly to the exact center. It's been a couple of years since I last ran through OFF, so my memory's a bit foggy.

linkirkman

Post by linkirkman » Tue, 30. Aug 16, 20:55

Thanks for the tip - I will try it out tonight and see if it works! Love the game and the missions but every now and then I've run into a snag that I can't seem to figure out.

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Tue, 30. Aug 16, 20:57

Having the correct satellite is important. I've always dropped mine as soon as I entered the sector then head to the station to scan. You do need to get pretty close to the station (point where distance is determined), not just along side it.

linkirkman

Post by linkirkman » Tue, 30. Aug 16, 23:34

Thanks for the help! Apparently I wasn't dumping the satellite fast enough - had to dump it really fast and the mission changed to the station scan. Thanks to everyone for your help!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”