[MOD] [TC/AP] X3 Rebalance Mod (XRM) - Total conversion - v1.30d (02.12.13)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

manulemaboul

Post by manulemaboul » Thu, 25. Aug 16, 03:38

Could someone please kindly upload the files to a mirror somewhere ? Onedrive isn't working because of the stupid downloads limit microsoft put, and http://blubb.najut.org/x3/ isn't working either :(

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Thu, 25. Aug 16, 10:05

manulemaboul wrote:Could someone please kindly upload the files to a mirror somewhere ? Onedrive isn't working because of the stupid downloads limit microsoft put, and http://blubb.najut.org/x3/ isn't working either :(
What exactly isn't working on http://blubb.najut.org/x3/? I just checked it and I can download the XRM install files without any problems.

manulemaboul

Post by manulemaboul » Thu, 25. Aug 16, 10:22

I click on a part, it loads forever then returns an error.
Right click -> save file actually starts a download that stays a 0 octets forever then fail, tried 2 different browsers, does the same on both.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Thu, 25. Aug 16, 11:55

I'm sorry to hear that, but I'm assuming the problem is on your end. :(

manulemaboul

Post by manulemaboul » Thu, 25. Aug 16, 20:47

Both op's onedrive and X3stuff are working today, while they were the only downloads not working yesterday, weird :o
Anyway, thanks for your replies :)

Edit: So, it's installed and working, but I got 7 messages telling me a language file is missing when I start a new game.
Any idea about what I did wrong or what I'm missing ?

OutsideTheNormalMoralCont

Post by OutsideTheNormalMoralCont » Mon, 29. Aug 16, 09:08

sh1pman wrote: Lastly, my PHQ seems to work incorrectly. It says that I need terran MRE, hull plating and other terran resources for ANY ships, not just terran ones. Also, recycling any ship gives my these terran resources as well. This is clearly a bug, as I'm currently at war with terrans, and have no way of getting their resources.

Thanks.
Have this exact issue (maybe related to Xenon start, since that's not Commonwealth or Terran?) did you ever find a solution?

sh1pman
x4

Post by sh1pman » Mon, 29. Aug 16, 09:28

Yes, sort of. I had to manually edit the hq.pck with X3 Editor 2 and remove terran resources from the file. It was in 07.cat in my install. I don't know what's causing this stupid bug, but it's clearly not related to a Xenon start, because I'm playing the main Argon start.

OutsideTheNormalMoralCont

Post by OutsideTheNormalMoralCont » Mon, 29. Aug 16, 10:17

Well that's a dead end then, they never did release any mod tools for Linux :/

sh1pman
x4

Post by sh1pman » Mon, 29. Aug 16, 10:21

I think you can buy TLs or other big ships and recycle them for resources, that's how I used to get unobtainable terran resources.

Dukoth

Post by Dukoth » Sun, 4. Sep 16, 19:36

ok, I dont think this is working for me, I installed this in terran conflict and I'm playing a terran campaign (the default one), the problem is I havent seen any new ship models, the terran capitalships all have the vanilla turret models, and there are argon mamoths EVERYWHERE (they were usually cargo ships, but I became suspicious of this when I saw an ATF command ship was an argon mamoth as well)

VWood

A.I. Weapon charge

Post by VWood » Sun, 4. Sep 16, 20:40

Hi.
This has probably been asked before.
Is there an XRM compatible mod or script that allows the A.I. to charge weapons?

Dukoth

Post by Dukoth » Tue, 6. Sep 16, 07:06

um, hello? any body going to help me out?

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Tue, 6. Sep 16, 17:55

There isn't really much to say other than that you didn't install XRM correctly.

Dukoth

Post by Dukoth » Wed, 7. Sep 16, 08:29

alright, uninstalled x3tc and reinstalled the game and then the mod, that seems to have fixed the problem

now I just wonder what the hell I did wrong the first time?

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Wed, 7. Sep 16, 17:52

I'm sorry, I can't answer that. My fortune teller's crystal ball is in for repairs right now. ;)

Heinz-Fiction
x3ap

Post by Heinz-Fiction » Thu, 15. Sep 16, 10:06

Hey guys, i want to add the Scriptcollection of Lucike to my XRM-AP-Game, is it compatible?

Marco Nero
x3

Post by Marco Nero » Sat, 17. Sep 16, 16:37

Hi all guys.

On first i wish to thanks PaulWheeler for developed XRM, it's such fantastic and i'm having very fun with it.

I ask you sorry couse i post this problem again, i saw you already talk about this but i really couldn't find a valid solution unfortunatelly, so maybe i forgot to read something i hope :)

I have LAG. MASSIVE LAG. So much lag that the game is coming unplayable.

I'm playing with a i5 3.30 GHZ
8GB RAM 1333
SSD HD with 30GB free space
Nvidia 960 GTX
A fresh Windows 7 64x installation.

I'm playing since some weeks, i have 250 stations all crunched in one complex, 15 Mistral Freighters, one Teladi Albatros and my Appallox. If i fly in the sector in which i have the big complex and someone take there a little fight the game is simply unplayable, if i fly another sector game go quite good till some fleets start fighting.

Ofc. i tryied to put down graphic quality, disband antialiasing and everyting on low, but same problem, nothing change.

I hear that the main lag is coused due to the mission director wich generate missions every system you explore, and i hear too that XRM ofc is little bit more RAM hungry couse has more and more details/improvements then A.P., but i really cant belive that i can not have a good great battle without the game becomes unplayable, using a pc like i described above :) So something is wrong :)

Ofc. i put the whole game in an other directory and used a non-executable .exe and i have no backgrounds programm running while playing :) Without fix this i think i will no play anymore couse i can not enjoy a big battle so i hope in your help :)

Thanks for the attention

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sat, 17. Sep 16, 23:53

Try to avoid being in a sector with your complexes - even crunched ones cost performance.

The slow performance in sectors with big fleet battles is mostly caused by the huge amount of bullets from all weapons flying through space. I made a patch for myself for XRM's weapons which mitigates the problem - basically I reduced the amount of bullets by about 80% which greatly helps with combat performance. If you like, I can post this tomorrow.

You don't have to change the graphics quality of X3 - the massive FPS drops are caused by calculations of collision detection, not by any graphics related settings.
The mission director problem is also a cause for slowdowns, but there is a fix for this posted in the corresponding thread.

Marco Nero
x3

Post by Marco Nero » Sun, 18. Sep 16, 00:35

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koxzfn7 ... e=youtu.be
Here is a little video so you can see better my situation, this lag is nothing, when battles starts it becomes more and more bad :)

Appreciate your answer BlackArchon

You reduces shots fired, someone else fixed the director problem, someone else with the help of Paul deleted the trails, but my main question is "why Paul and other peoples has no problem with lag?"

So tonight i made some test: with 8 gb ram, in full combat and in full unplayable lag mode, ram usage was +- 4 GB, the other 4 GB were free, so i feel to exlude the ram.

I hear that X series use only 1 CPU core (2 in reality, the first for main game and the second for backgrounds) so i tested it, in fact my first core was used (in the same condition described befor) at 98%, the others 3 cores at 25%.

I dislike to apport modification to t-ships, trails and so on to run the game better, i prefer find an hardware solution if possible , without modding this nice mod wich is working just fine for other guys :)

RAM: ok (even XRM is RAM hungry, but i'm ok)

Video Card: ok (Geeforce GTX 960, i think i can sleep very good)

CPU: ? Have a i5 2600 3.4 GZ, but it SEEMS not enaugh, its little bit old and it SEEMS X series runs over only 1 core, so mi (maybe wrong) idea is to buy a better processor and see if i can obtain something, making that uniqe core used more performant.

I have no other idea than this in front of facts that says : "ram is ok, video card also".

If you and someone else has more suggestions i really appreciate it :)

Thanks again

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sun, 18. Sep 16, 10:25

I just watched your Youtube video. You really have a worst case scenario in Savage Spur:
- about 20+ ships firing at each other
- all ships are trying not to slam into the many asteroids
- a complex
- your traders jumping in and out of the sector and are trying to dock at your complex while avoiding asteroids and other ships

Since you have already discovered that X3 is mainly a single threaded game, you know what to do: more CPU frequency. Core count and hyper-threading is mostly irrelevant. A Haswell or a Skylake overclocked to 4.5+ GHz will help with low frame rates. I would recommend an i5 6600K for a good performance/price ratio. But even then you will only get about 40-50% more CPU performance translated into FPS compared to your current i7 2600 at 3.4 GHz.

When you jump to Terran war sectors like Omicron Lyrae, Circle of Labour or Heretic's End, do you have also these extreme slow downs when Terran and Argon capital ship fleets are firing at each other? And the FPS drops are gone when one side has lost? If yes, then this is the usual "too much bullets at the same time in space" problem. As I said, I made a weapons patch for this most common source of performance issues.

Which additional mods and scripts do you use besides XRM, complex cleaner and OK traders?

PS: I also love the Appallox. :)

Edit:
You can find my combat performance patch here: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=391855

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”