Get Help, Workarounds, Gameplay mechanics, Game info, Plot issues, etc ALL HERE ASK

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

spur390

Post by spur390 » Wed, 23. Mar 16, 07:15

Thanks Sparky and Requiem. Looks like attempting that style will be too frustrating.

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Sun, 27. Mar 16, 01:38

Hello, I would like to submit a tool for this list:
X Rebirth Builder 2.0

It is a comprehensive factory complex calculator/planner. Please note that I do not take credit for the authorship; it was created by a Russian player, alexusvm. I am only responsible for the translation. :)

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Sun, 27. Mar 16, 03:22

Code: Select all

[url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=388727]X Rebirth Builder 2.0 (Factory Complex Calculator & Planner)[/url] - [i]alexusvm[/i]

Loltak
x4

Post by Loltak » Sun, 27. Mar 16, 14:04

Hi,
It seems that the cartographer achievement for Vanilla are still bugged.
I search a little and found a old thread here which indicated an issue when patch 3.0 was out?
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=375073
I do not race for the achievement but it's part of the fun, so if I can have what I've earned ;)
Perhaps someone have found a trick since the post? Or info for a future fix?
Bye

Edit: ok I found new post implicated that it's because it was introduce with 3.0, and I have discovered them before that why they are not unlock. So it seems not really a bug. :(
X4: Fondations Vanilla all extension.
Casual ineffective player at slow pace

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Mon, 28. Mar 16, 01:23

Loltak wrote:Hi,
It seems that the cartographer achievement for Vanilla are still bugged.
I search a little and found a old thread here which indicated an issue when patch 3.0 was out?
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=375073
I do not race for the achievement but it's part of the fun, so if I can have what I've earned ;)
Perhaps someone have found a trick since the post? Or info for a future fix?
Bye

Edit: ok I found new post implicated that it's because it was introduce with 3.0, and I have discovered them before that why they are not unlock. So it seems not really a bug. :(
If you don't mind taking a short cut, you could start a new game and use a cheat mod to reveal all zones. This should get you the achievement. You don't even need to save the new game if you don't want to. :P

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 28. Mar 16, 01:30

OP is updated with new links posted here.

Len5

Post by Len5 » Wed, 6. Apr 16, 19:50

I have a Ship Tech Fab in Albion to sell Fusion Reactors there.
There were over 1000 in storage at some point and the price was set to max and the manager had over 7m on his account.
Much later I saw that there weren't many FR left and checked the manager how much money he made and he had 4m now.
No money was transfered to my account and no trade was still in progress. The manager did buy a bit of resources for production, but at most the 3m he lost on his account.

So where could the 30+ million have gone? Am I overlooking something again?

update: It happens every time after loading the game before it happens. I jumped to the station to see if they're being picked up and the FR just disappear.
Waited for 3 game hours and no one picked them up.
I'll sell them manually now, but still like to know what's going on here.

Barons
x4

Post by Barons » Wed, 3. Aug 16, 02:48

This is probably right in front of my face but could someone tell me how to send a ship to load at a station?

I'm out in the middle of no where and I want to send a freighter back to a shipyard that I've unlocked and have him load up on drones. I can find the shipyard on the map but I can't for the life of me find out where to tell my freighter to go there and load up.

Do I need to send him there first and then the trade options will show up somewhere?

Thanks for the help.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Wed, 3. Aug 16, 04:36

If I'm understanding this correctly, what you're looking for is to equip drones on your ship,
You must contact the appropriate ship dealer (small, large or XL, depending on your ship) that's on the shipyard. If that dealer is not currently busy building another ship, you'll have the "modify ship" option. You'll then be able to select "equip drones", then choose the ship you want to equip from a list.

Keep in mind that small ship dealers and capital ship dealers (L or XL) are found on different types of shipyards.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Barons
x4

Post by Barons » Thu, 4. Aug 16, 05:23

Ezarkal wrote:If I'm understanding this correctly, what you're looking for is to equip drones on your ship,
You must contact the appropriate ship dealer (small, large or XL, depending on your ship) that's on the shipyard. If that dealer is not currently busy building another ship, you'll have the "modify ship" option. You'll then be able to select "equip drones", then choose the ship you want to equip from a list.

Keep in mind that small ship dealers and capital ship dealers (L or XL) are found on different types of shipyards.
I'm mostly just asking how to make my cargo ships buy stuff and bring it back to me. Here are a few examples.

*I captured a freighter and it needs drones, I told it to fly to a system with the appropriate shipyard but I can't figure out how to tell it to dock and buy the drones.

*my construction ship needs bio wires or something and no ships are selling any and the universal freighter I have assigned to the architect also isn't being sent to buy it even though I have the station that sales it unlocked. So I sent another freighter to the system but I also can't figure out how to get him to dock and purchase the items.

It's the same for all items it's almost like I need to fly to the system myself and manually buy the items in other to make my ships dock and load up. The most annoying is the bio wiring because it's all the way back where I started like way on the other side of the galaxy and I can't figure out how to send a ship there and make it buy stuff and bring it back to me.

Is there a mod or something I should get? I'm in free play and don't mind starting over. I e been playing for a few days waiting on this bio wiring and I'm getting frustrated since I have a ship over there and can't figure out how to make him buy it lol what am I missing here. Please help me out. Thanks!

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Thu, 4. Aug 16, 08:15

Hi Barons,

When we want to buy a ware in In X Rebirth manually, we can't initiate it via giving orders to trade ships. It's all done through the Trade Menu:

1. Open one of the two Trade Menus:
1a. Trade Offers (view all current offers).
1a. Trade Deals (shows the most profitable deals the selected ship's cargobay).
2. Select one of our ships.
3. Select the ware we're interested in.
4. Select a Trade Offer*.
5. Make the purchase or sale.

* Trade offers are only available through particular ways (see the "Gaining information about trade offers" table on the wiki here). Some are quicker than others but not permanent. The slower but permanent route is through the establishment of a Trade Agent on each station you're interested in. Trade Agents are occasionally offered as rewards for big missions or can be acquired as a SmallTalk level 1 rewards.

General guidance on trading can be found on the wiki here and more specific info here.

You can find shortcuts for these tasks listed on the wiki here.

Regards,
Sparks

Barons
x4

Post by Barons » Sun, 7. Aug 16, 06:45

Thanks for all the information Sparky!

Anyone know if there is a mod or spreadsheet or some way to find out what stations your empire needs to be self-sufficient? I've found a few websites that show what resources each station needs and also a nice program here on the forums that are really useful. What I'm looking for is something to tel me which stations I need to build.

For example I want to produce my own drones so I plug in the URV BTO line and a list of everthing I need to supply it is generated.

6 solar atray
3 foodstuff
2 argnu
3 wheat
2 spice
1 water
1 Construction

Ect....

Does something like this exist?

Thanks

Barons
x4

Which crew will improve the skunk?

Post by Barons » Sun, 7. Aug 16, 08:51

Hello,

Is it true that the engineer and marine officer are the only crew that will improve the skunk?

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Re: Which crew will improve the skunk?

Post by Santi » Sun, 7. Aug 16, 18:58

Barons wrote:Hello,

Is it true that the engineer and marine officer are the only crew that will improve the skunk?
Yes, the engineer will repair Skunk systems when damaged, for hull repairs you need an engineer from a station. The marine officer, together with a complement of marines, allows you to board other ships and add them to your fleet.
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

Barons
x4

Post by Barons » Mon, 8. Aug 16, 09:46

Thank you Santi!

What's the default station/trader range for npc's?

Say for example I build a station that needs xyz resources and produces xyz products...

A npc station in the same zone requires x and produces x
A npc station in the same sector requires y and produces y
A npc station somewhere in the galaxy requires z and produces z

If I have good standing and all that my station would get supplied with all 3 resources correct?

Also since I'm trying to finger out how far an npc trader will travel to trade with me... Does having my station in a zone with a jump point make me one system away from everywhere?

Thanks

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Mon, 8. Aug 16, 15:03

The standard range are sector/system, depending on the settings of the Manager of a station, for NPC's normally it is at maximum, so should be System. Then there are a few NPC's traders that operate Universe wide, but those are few.

I will not think that setting shop next to a jump point will extend your range, as the limit is the System your factory is located in.

Veeshan
x3ap

Post by Veeshan » Mon, 8. Aug 16, 15:04

Quick question, I'm doing a ware delivery mission, i have two liquid transports loaded each with 2500 water, mission calls for 5000. I scheduled one delivery but the trade offer disappeared before i scheduled the next... Do all 5000 need to be delivered at once?

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Mon, 8. Aug 16, 15:08

Veeshan wrote:Quick question, I'm doing a ware delivery mission, i have two liquid transports loaded each with 2500 water, mission calls for 5000. I scheduled one delivery but the trade offer disappeared before i scheduled the next... Do all 5000 need to be delivered at once?
I have done delivery missions using several trips, but always with the same ship so not sure if that is a factor, try setting up the first delivery, close the trade menu and then open it again so it refreshes, see if that helps.

Veeshan
x3ap

Post by Veeshan » Sun, 14. Aug 16, 05:33

Got it, thanks. The sell order for the remaining 2,500 appeared after my first ship completed its sale. Mission complete!

ADAM79
x4

Post by ADAM79 » Mon, 22. Aug 16, 19:13

Hi guys.... Can someone tell me what trigger the yellow station warning "Operational range too short" (translated from Italian game version) ?

The station have the radar, the range set to System, ships buying resource from my other stations, ships collecting natural resources from space and drones for ware transfers....

I don't know why i can't get rid of this warning....

Thanks in advice! ;)

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”