[MOD] Focused Jump Drive

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Zenchina
x4

[MOD] Focused Jump Drive

Post by Zenchina » Wed, 20. Jul 16, 00:55

Focused Jump Drive - FJD, developed by Zen Industries, is improved version of Unfocused Jump Drive - UFJD.
It won't take you to randomized sector, it will take you to exact zone you plot as destination. Point of entry in target zone, is randomized inside 10km cube from center of zone. It will take 80% of your shield energy to perform jump.
You can perform jump even in zones without gate or jump beacons and cost you nothing except part of shield energy.

However, FJD have some downsides... You can always end inside of some asteroid or nearby station, which will surely result with quick and painless death. This kind of jump is especially amusing in asteroid rich zones or minefields.
!!! USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK !!! :)

About mod:
There are no known compatibility issues with any other mods, also uninstalling shall not affect your save games. Tested on XR ver 4.0 with TO and HOL. Only English version (for now)

Downloads:
Steam workshop
Nexusmods

Update 1.02

Since you can use FJD even in highways/super-highways, I removed restriction about minimum shield percentage to perfom jump. Now you can perform jump even without shields.
Reason: Look on that as "emergency jump device". Last coordinates you use for jump will stay in memory, so you can fast type (Enter - 4 - 6 - 1)* and start jumping process from dangerous situations without loosing time to set coordinates. Sure you will still need 16 seconds to charge jump drive, but I think you will manage :)

* Shortcut depends of your installed mods... that "6" could be 5, 7, 8 or even higher number
Last edited by Zenchina on Tue, 26. Jul 16, 18:52, edited 1 time in total.
...Traveling without moving...
[ external image ]

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Wed, 20. Jul 16, 02:22

Hey there. Didn't mod X-R for a couple years, but the way u describe it, u simply create a pre existing position for the player to be jumped to.

Take a look at <get_safe_pos/>.
It gives u a position in a zone that isn't occupied, maybe u can manage to get the player there without being stuck. :p

Edit:
But i just remembered, <warp/> itself should use a safepos, so if you use that there shouldn't be any issues. :o

Zenchina
x4

Post by Zenchina » Wed, 20. Jul 16, 02:51

Hi :)
I did that intentionally. Simply I like when Yisha complain about something "unpredictable and dangerous", also I implemented <get_safe_pos/> already...

Code: Select all

<safepos value="$jumpposition" allowyaxis="true" radius="player.primaryship.size / 2 + 200m"/>
...but don't tell anyone :)

Fun part is jumping in zones full of tracker mines ... and your squad follows you :D

After all this is "fun mode" and there is so many "jump drive modes" this one is reminder of UFJD from X3 series
...Traveling without moving...
[ external image ]

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Wed, 20. Jul 16, 09:09

Gotcha. Gonna give it a try then. :D

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”