Trade Menus. Ordering of ship names.

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ZaphodBeeblebrox
x4

Trade Menus. Ordering of ship names.

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox » Thu, 14. Jul 16, 12:44

Anybody who uses the trade menus in anger will probable get angry over the ordering of the ship names.

A SIMPLE ALPHABETICAL ordering would be just great.
Then as I step through the list of ships I can be confident that I have viewed all of my trade ships when I arrive back at the beginning.

Not exactly sure what the current ordering is, probably distance, but it makes the menus so much harder and frustrating to use.

Programming design principle number 1: KISS, Keep It Simple, Stupid.
It was a woman who drove me to drink... you know I never went back and thanked her.

Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes. I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Thu, 14. Jul 16, 16:00

If you use the option to exclude trade ships that arent in your squad, then the ships will appear by order of addition to your squad.

Otherwise, it's pretty much random as far as I can tell. I'd too would love an alphabetical order or something similar.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 14. Jul 16, 16:16

... or even better, a fixed trading ship listing capable of being edited and ordered by the player.

The original default setting could be as it is now if so desired. New ships could be auto-added to the end of the ordered listing as they are acquired and so will not be overlooked unless deliberately edited out of the listing. Ships could hopefully be added back into the listing later on if so desired.

Similar thread.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Thu, 14. Jul 16, 17:27

Alan Phipps wrote:... or even better, a fixed trading ship listing capable of being edited and ordered by the player.
+1 for that... This would really be the best solution, I think.
It would also avoid the case where your CV get listed as trade ships and accidentally filled with unwanted stuff.

It could be quite simple to add, too. Just add a 1) "add to trade fleet" option in the captain's comm menu, 2) a "trade fleet" window that could be accessed from both property menu and trade window, and used to edit the fleet (names and order of the ships), and 3) limit the trade list to that trade fleet.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.

ZaphodBeeblebrox
x4

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox » Fri, 15. Jul 16, 04:57

@Ezarkal

I had forgotten about that option for excluding ships. However, none of my trade ships are in my squad, for some very good reasons.

Mostly I don't want them turning up at inopportune moments.

Always a good laugh when a trade ships arrives during capping and finishes of the hull, therefore the ship and my marines. That Homer Simpson moment, "DOH."

[Edit] Yes it would be very nice to have better control over menus and the UI. Especially being able to order, hide/show items.
It was a woman who drove me to drink... you know I never went back and thanked her.

Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes. I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Fri, 15. Jul 16, 13:56

... or, that moment when you call in your squad for help in a fight, and you realise you'll have to order it away because half of it will get killed and manually reset every damn queued trade order.

Yup, I stopped using that function ages ago as well...

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”