Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sutex
x3ap

Post by Sutex » Sat, 25. Jun 16, 06:53

Litcube wrote:Tahlmorra wrote a guide for that. I should make this more visible.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/ydbidd4y6 ... er_Doc.pdf

Nothing in their mate , just rain , but even that dos'nt tell you how/where too install , it

Seems too be a theme with mods add on expect with Morrowind Crowd who do tend too explain all you need in one readme

But , I still stuck trying too get the LU G19 plugin too work I need too know , how too install , meaning also where too install.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 25. Jun 16, 08:44

@Oman2: Yeah, that's the idea, having a TL nearby and let the miners go back and forth.

You could have a TS as a Courier.

The number of mining lasers does indeed make a difference.

Oman2
x3tc

Post by Oman2 » Sat, 25. Jun 16, 09:00

Joubarbe wrote:@Oman2: Yeah, that's the idea, having a TL nearby and let the miners go back and forth.

You could have a TS as a Courier.

The number of mining lasers does indeed make a difference.
Oooh now the Courier is a lot more interesting (and useful) than I thought it might be!

So I can just set up a galactic loop eh? That will probably save me all the trouble of trying to ferry between the TL and the nearest outpost then, I hate micromanaging. Thanks!

I read the carrier command for mining got cut at some point, is the encyclopedia entry just a leftover then?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 25. Jun 16, 09:13

I personally don't know. I never used that command. Maybe when you setup a fleet with your TL and your miners?

tearing

Post by tearing » Sat, 25. Jun 16, 16:52

where can i find ship's "unusual" docking port list?
especially on new ships

things like aran can dock m6, some m7 can dock ts.
all i can find is docking capacity.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Sat, 25. Jun 16, 19:32

Oman2 wrote:I read the carrier command for mining got cut at some point, is the encyclopedia entry just a leftover then?
It's still there in LU 1.7.0. First thought that hit me is to double check the requirements for both mining ships and carriers with the encyclopedia and make sure you're not missing anything. If everything is in order and it's still not working then something might be screwy.

-----
tearing wrote:where can i find ship's "unusual" docking port list?
especially on new ships

things like aran can dock m6, some m7 can dock ts.
all i can find is docking capacity.
The ship compendium in the player console will give you everything you need, although it only contain information about ships you have already encountered. If you're not flying the ship in question then bringing up the info tab on that ship (target ship, then default hotkey is i, followed by u) will tell you what kind of docking slots it has. Like this.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

avilonrayne
x4

Post by avilonrayne » Sun, 26. Jun 16, 00:38

Oman2 wrote:- Why can't I use the Mining Carrier (?) command? I could swear I saw it available earlier?
- What's the best way to ferry the goods? Can I set up a TS as a dock agent?
- Does the number of mining lasers make a difference to the efficiency?

And/or, is there a better way to organise my mining fleets that won't take days to fill my TL's?
One reason you may not see the Mining Carrier command is that you must have your mining ships homebased to the mining carrier. The command is then found in the Additional Ship Commands section of the Command Console, below the turret commands. Stations can do the same thing, too.

The only way I've found to automate the sale of minerals is by using stations to hold everything, since Dock Agents can't work out of ships and Couriers can't sell things directly. You can use a Courier, with a transporter, to ferry minerals from your TL to a station, and the station's dock agent will then sell it all.

Alternatively, you can use a station, such as a Free Argon Trading Station (unlimited fighter docks!). Build the station in the system you want to mine, assign a dock agent (or several as your fleet grows), and then you can have a massive fleet of ships mining away. You can sell the station through the station's command console when you're done with it.

Hope all that helps ^^

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Sun, 26. Jun 16, 00:59

So I had a question about mobile mining. Is the amount of debris in the universe limited? Is it possible to mine all of it, or does it respawn?
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

Oman2
x3tc

Post by Oman2 » Sun, 26. Jun 16, 04:14

avilonrayne wrote:The only way I've found to automate the sale of minerals is by using stations to hold everything, since Dock Agents can't work out of ships and Couriers can't sell things directly. You can use a Courier, with a transporter, to ferry minerals from your TL to a station, and the station's dock agent will then sell it all.
I managed to set up (after a very long time) individual couriers to ferry goods from my TL's back to my HQ for sales and that appears to be working well - just don't forget to tell your courier to refuel before they leave!

I'm having trouble assigning Dock Agents to sell the wares though; I had no trouble setting up my first two, but trying to set up any more deleted the homebase and had it trading for "null", which obviously broke it altogether. When I came back to the game the other day I was able to get one that I tried to assign a few days before working (no clue what had changed), but it doesn't appear to be a save/load fix.

Any ideas for that one?
avilonrayne wrote:Alternatively, you can use a station, such as a Free Argon Trading Station (unlimited fighter docks!). Build the station in the system you want to mine, assign a dock agent (or several as your fleet grows), and then you can have a massive fleet of ships mining away. You can sell the station through the station's command console when you're done with it.
Now that's a cool idea, I might give it a shot in some of the sectors with more debris, thanks!
Sirrobert wrote:So I had a question about mobile mining. Is the amount of debris in the universe limited? Is it possible to mine all of it, or does it respawn?
As I understand, the debris is limited; you can however create more debris by blowing up asteroids that you don't want/need such as Nvidium or Ice, and they have better yield according to the wiki page.

I'm interested myself, any more information would be awesome.

TrgtMobius
x4

Bug Report - Asteroid implosions in Unknown Sector Nu LUV 1.7.0

Post by TrgtMobius » Mon, 27. Jun 16, 08:39

Link to savefile: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ami1cez6jc8h8j6/X01.sav?dl=0

Asteroids compacted in Unknown Sector Nu become lost to the universe.
They can be moved from Unknown Sector Nu successfully one at a time. But if compacted, whether in-sector with the TL or remotely, the compacted asteroid simply disappears.

Asteroids in other sectors have been compacted and moved without issue.

To replicate: View asteroid report. Note count of 8334 for Silicon in UnSec Nu. Use TL-02 Elephant to compact silicon asteroids in Unknown Sector Nu. Conveniently, both you and TL-02 Elephant are currently co-located in Unknown Sector Nu. The convenience! Note the count for silicon is now lowered and is less than 8334 - those asteroids are now gone.

Mods used in my standard game:
Joubarbe's Satellites
Traders M3 reloaded reloaded
Cycrow's cheat package (I used the plugin manager because it's so convenient!

I kid, manually installed)

I have replicated this in a completely LUV 1.7.0 installation, untouched and unsullied by the code of others.
Litcube's Universe - you should try what is essentially X3.5.

[ external image ]

dnquxiti
x3

Post by dnquxiti » Mon, 27. Jun 16, 15:43

I have a SCH 40 producing Mass Drivers in Akeela's Beacon. I am getting ready to upgrade it to an SCH 80, but when I did the calculator to see how much it would cost, I noticed that it is giving me 150% coverage on Ore. Now, if my understanding is correct on how mines work, this isn't actually costing me anything, it just means I'll have to suck in more asteroids (Ok, it'll cost me some crystals and tubes, no biggie). I'm just curious why it would be doing this, since unlike Crystal Coverage, Ore should just depend on how much the factory needs. I haven't actually purchased the station yet, so I don't know if this is just an issue with the calculator or not, but if a save is needed, I can provide one later.

LU1.7, no other mods.

dizzy
x4

Re: Bug Report - Asteroid implosions in Unknown Sector Nu LUV 1.7.0

Post by dizzy » Mon, 27. Jun 16, 20:32

TrgtMobius wrote:To replicate: View asteroid report. Note count of 8334 for Silicon in UnSec Nu. Use TL-02 Elephant to compact silicon asteroids in Unknown Sector Nu. Conveniently, both you and TL-02 Elephant are currently co-located in Unknown Sector Nu. The convenience! Note the count for silicon is now lowered and is less than 8334 - those asteroids are now gone.
I did notice that after compaction asteroids disappear from the Asteroids report page temporarily but they _are_ in the Universe. Try to find it by other means (for example invoke again the Petrarch system to simply move that asteroid, it should show in the asteroid list when picking the source to move it).
dnquxiti wrote:I have a SCH 40 producing Mass Drivers in Akeela's Beacon. I am getting ready to upgrade it to an SCH 80, but when I did the calculator to see how much it would cost, I noticed that it is giving me 150% coverage on Ore. ... I'm just curious why it would be doing this, since unlike Crystal Coverage, Ore should just depend on how much the factory needs. I haven't actually purchased the station yet, so I don't know if this is just an issue with the calculator or not, but if a save is needed, I can provide one later.
It's a known issue/limitation of the SCH calculator. Just try to ignore it or play with the SCH size until you reach a configuration where these overheads are minimal.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

dnquxiti
x3

Post by dnquxiti » Mon, 27. Jun 16, 21:21

memeics wrote:
dnquxiti wrote:I have a SCH 40 producing Mass Drivers in Akeela's Beacon. I am getting ready to upgrade it to an SCH 80, but when I did the calculator to see how much it would cost, I noticed that it is giving me 150% coverage on Ore. ... I'm just curious why it would be doing this, since unlike Crystal Coverage, Ore should just depend on how much the factory needs. I haven't actually purchased the station yet, so I don't know if this is just an issue with the calculator or not, but if a save is needed, I can provide one later.
It's a known issue/limitation of the SCH calculator. Just try to ignore it or play with the SCH size until you reach a configuration where these overheads are minimal.
Will do. I also noticed that if I set the surplus higher, it sometimes resulted in a cheaper factory because it switched from using something like 19 SPP M to 4 SPP XL. I thought that was amusing. I chalked it up to a corrupt contracting process.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Tue, 28. Jun 16, 01:32

memeics wrote: It's a known issue/limitation of the SCH calculator
No, it's a limitation of the X3 engine's method/math of handling large mine yields.

photoncody
x4

Post by photoncody » Tue, 28. Jun 16, 02:29

Hey Litcube, for some reason, my game freezes for no reason after ~1 minute from my save.

Here is my save:
https://goo.gl/7kb2Ct

EDIT: Found two new files, X3Crash.dmp and X3Crash.log, but of which occurred at the same time the crash happened. If someone could look over this, that would be awesome. I included the files in the link above.

Here are the mods I have installed:

Anarkis LU Edition
Crystal Free SPP
Cycrow's Cheats
Quick Wings
Satellites Monitoring
ShipBrowser
X Missions Reloaded
Ring of Fire <-------------- I think this one is probably the cause, but idk

I know you say not to run mods and you might screw up your game and etc. But I was wondering if you had any insight as to why this is happening.

{Link fixed - Terre}

Link fixed again by me, again - Photoncody
Last edited by photoncody on Tue, 28. Jun 16, 10:52, edited 3 times in total.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Tue, 28. Jun 16, 08:12

Ring of Fire is already included in LU
If you suspect that that is the problem, uninstall it and try again.

As for why it's happening: Because that mod is not build for LU
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

tearing

Post by tearing » Tue, 28. Jun 16, 12:47

yesterday i found an imgur album containing ships size comparison for lu
i forgot to bookmark and browser history are constantly deleted

can anyone link that album to me?

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Tue, 28. Jun 16, 12:49

photoncody wrote:Here are the mods I have installed:

Anarkis LU Edition
Crystal Free SPP
Cycrow's Cheats
Crystal Free SPPs aren't made for LU either, which might cause problems of its own.

Also, which version of Cycrow's cheats did you use? If you found the unzipped version it will work, with the exception of some station commands, but if you used the one that require the plugin manager that's incompatible and might also cause issues.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Tue, 28. Jun 16, 13:58

tearing wrote:yesterday i found an imgur album containing ships size comparison for lu
i forgot to bookmark and browser history are constantly deleted

can anyone link that album to me?
It's from this thread: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=389937
On the 2nd page by now

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”