Warehouse can not use M sized Mining Ships?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dark7np
x4

Warehouse can not use M sized Mining Ships?

Post by dark7np » Thu, 23. Jun 16, 23:24

Has anyone tried M sized mining ships with a warehouse yet? I bought a Gas and a Bulk miner, but they don't do anything if I assign them to the warehouse (command none), while a scaldis is working fine. They also complain in the message when I assign them, as if that can't work. Any Ideas?

I thought that since I specifically placed them in resource heavy regions, I should be able to use M sized miners, instead of other stations using M sized trade ships to get stuf from the warehouse... Maybe I'll have to rethink that...

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Fri, 24. Jun 16, 00:08

even if there can only equip maybe 3 to 5: do they have collector drones? thats what defines a miner.
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

dark7np
x4

Post by dark7np » Fri, 24. Jun 16, 10:01

Yes. Maxed them out with mk1 surface / scoops when bying. They mine if I assign them to a production station which needs some minable resources.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 24. Jun 16, 10:46

Medium miners have to dock at the warehouse to unload as they don't have the cargolifters or facilities for external transfer. Are you sure your warehouse medium ship docks are completed, not battle-damaged nor blocked by other ships?

Also have you tried with the Player OOZ to the warehouse?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

dark7np
x4

Post by dark7np » Fri, 24. Jun 16, 11:17

Medium ship docks... Uh, I dunno? What are they called? I could not find any module in the build plan description that screamed medium ship dock. I have built the base module, and the first stages for bulk, energy and liquid storage. There are URV launchers and station harbours in the parts which have been built. There have been no fights in that sector. I could try to have a medium trader trade something there and see if and where it docks I suppose?

I am currently on a station in another sector (Ascendancy vs Inner World).

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 24. Jun 16, 15:01

I found a older quote from Scoob about Player warehouses from a similar issue thread that might throw some light on this:

"I've assigned a Fedhelm and Boann to the station, I've also set stock levels for Ore, Silicon, Crystals and Hydrogen - raw resources for which there is a demand. I've then restricted the Warehouse to trade just with me, then set a rock-bottom buying price for those resources. This sees the assigned Fedhelm and Boann go off, mine the selected resources, return and unload. Nice."
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sat, 25. Jun 16, 22:35

Yeah, price-setting is crucial to getting the mining aspect of Warehouses working. I've not tried to use medium miners with them before but here is general info based around Large Miners:

https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... ouse+guide

martimus
x4

Post by martimus » Mon, 27. Jun 16, 22:05

I have the medium xenon mining ship assigned to my warehouse, and it goes out and mines happily. Are you sure your warehouse needs the material that your miner can get?

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Tue, 28. Jun 16, 00:16

Did you assign those mining ships before telling manager to mine? There is bug where stupid AI wont update jobs afer you tell it to do something or you bild another module. Here are some examples that i have experienced....

1) I was building construction shop and i didn't build modules that build refined metals. I assigned mining ship to it and after module was built manager didn't update it's job to mine ore. It was set to patrol because it had weapons (M ships dont have any so they are doing nothing ). I had to add ship to my squad and give it back to manager and it started mining.

2) It was simular thing with Warehouse as well. I built warehouse 100% than i give it 6 mining ships and 3 uneversal cargo ships to trade. Than i told my manager what to mine. As expected they wore all stuck patroling and training ships wore trading with empty station. I removed them all and added them to manager and they started working.

3) Same thing with CV (that trading is completely broken) :( If you build one module and assign ship to architect before building second it will get stuck again... Also ship will get crazy and buy all RMP and fill whole cargo with it even though CV don't need it. I stopped doing that after i saw that.

My best bet is to try remove and add ships again and they might start working. Also going OOZ might help. Ill also try assigning M ships to my Warehouse to see if i have same problem.... Another thing you want to check is trading range of your station.

Edit: What ship are you using for mining?
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Mon, 11. Jul 16, 07:37

Not sure if you figure it out how to fix this bug but i had same problem as well :( It have something to do with money transfer..... I took all of my money form manager 5k and give it back after 30s. All shipss started to mine as they should have. For some reason all of my new miners/traders wore geting stuck and didnt want to move. I hope this helps ;)
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”