X-Tended -Terran Conflict V2.2 Released. [06/09/2013] (X3:AP prototype available)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Fri, 3. Jun 16, 03:00

The Aldrin reputation fix for the AP version would be a very nice thing to have in an easily accessible location.
It's here http://www.file-upload.net/download-115 ... x.zip.html

If anybody wants to host XTC and all associated files somewhere, you don't need permission. Just post the links here.
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

ballinlikestalin

Post by ballinlikestalin » Thu, 9. Jun 16, 16:45

Has anyone got a link to a working torrent? Ive been trying to download this for ****** days now, even browser downloader managers dont stop it from constantly failing.
Pew Pew Pew

anjhon

Post by anjhon » Thu, 21. Jul 16, 05:28

I was able to download v2.0 and install it.
Haven't tried the v2.2 patch yet

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=6E013F2CF ... F2CFE241D8

_surfer_
x3tc

Post by _surfer_ » Wed, 3. Aug 16, 01:46

Thx for this awsome mod :thumb_up:
It got me right when i started.
After so many years ... :)

T-Rex11
x3ap

Post by T-Rex11 » Mon, 8. Aug 16, 18:03

I've been trying to download the 2.0 part as part of the installation process as per the instructions, but try as I might I just can't seem to be able to snag it.

I know this link leads to where the currently working downloads are.

And I can get all the other parts just fine. Just not the 2.0 part. And I can't find the file anywhere else. :(

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 8. Aug 16, 20:11

Downloading the 2.0 part alone failed for me too (the download didn't want to start at all). However, downloading the whole X3TC folder from Informer's OneDrive account (by right-clicking on the folder and selecting the download option) worked fine for me.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

kosh vorlontay

Post by kosh vorlontay » Tue, 9. Aug 16, 14:58

How long did it take you to download the whole thig? I tried it and it was 2 hours into downloading it when it kicked

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 9. Aug 16, 16:48

Maybe half an hour on a 50 Mbit/s connection, whereby it wouldn't reach the maximum download speed at any time. Don't remember exactly, but it went flawlessly with Opera 39. (The whole folder has a size of roughly 1 GB.)

I have uploaded the XTC files (Install 2.0, Patch to 2.2, 2.2a hotfix + manual for X3TC; experimental X3AP version, 2.2a hotfix and Aldrin_ATF_Rep fix for X3AP) on my mediafire.com account now: Link.

Since this is the biggest file (the 2.0 main download) I ever uploaded, I have no idea how good or bad the download speed for it is or whether there are any other problems. The download should be resumable though, in case you have a browser which supports this (otherwise use a proper download manager) and as long as your IP address didn't change since you started the download.

Edit: Added X3AP files.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

kosh vorlontay

Post by kosh vorlontay » Wed, 10. Aug 16, 13:48

Your link worked much, much faster. Only took like 3 minute!

But.......

Where is the XTC Installer??

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 10. Aug 16, 15:49

The exe file? X-Tended_-_Terran_Conflict_2.0.exe (packed as .rar archive).
kosh vorlontay wrote:Your link worked much, much faster. Only took like 3 minute!
Good to know. :)

l1amk1ng

Post by l1amk1ng » Thu, 11. Aug 16, 12:10

Can someone help me with this? I have been trying to play what seems to be a awesome mod but every few minutes into a game and it crashes completely, saying that's my display driver stopped working and then recovers. Has this happened to anyone else?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 11. Aug 16, 13:21

Have you tried installing the latest driver for your graphics card already? (Do not rely windows update for that, but rather download the driver from the manufacturer's website of your graphics card directly!) If you have two graphics cards, one onboard and one dedicated, make sure that the dedicated one is used to run the game.

l1amk1ng

Post by l1amk1ng » Thu, 11. Aug 16, 16:47

Can someone help me with this? I am trying to create a fleet with my destroyers and frigates with a m2+ as the flagship, but the command to do that does not show up, there is only the option to create a wing and the jumbo configurations. Is this a bug?

Shade255

Post by Shade255 » Wed, 17. Aug 16, 08:40

I'm either having a problem or I missed something, so some of the Med - XL guns sounds are not up to Volume lvl there whispered, they where working on AI ships for a awhile but there whispered on my ships or something anyone know why? I have not add any Sound mods beside the Detector mod which is Compatible.

Marco Nero
x3

Post by Marco Nero » Tue, 30. Aug 16, 12:49

Hi Killjaede, wish to say to you that i was so annoyed and angry about X Rebirth, and at the same time bored from AP, i finded this X_Tended mod and wish say you very thanks, finnally something new and good, i call it the "X 4 egosoft had to do instead Rebirth".

I'm playing with Albion Prelude Patch and it's very nice :)

Greetings everybody

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Tue, 30. Aug 16, 20:30

That's great to hear :) have fun.
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

adb0899
x3ap

Post by adb0899 » Wed, 12. Oct 16, 19:09

would anyone by chance have a recommended mod list in that they use with this mod?

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Thu, 13. Oct 16, 13:55

most honest answer: forget it ...
The XTC-mod has its own settings of files/data. This may conflict with other settings, of the vanilla game or other mods. Even the BonusPack does not work flawlessly together with the XTC-mod.
The list of mods working with XTC is rather short.
But: why mix this awesome and inspiring mod with other ones ?

xptical
x3ap

Post by xptical » Sat, 12. Nov 16, 20:39

About to restart X3TC (steam version 3.2d). Is this mod compatible?

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Mon, 14. Nov 16, 15:32

Not at all. XTC is kind of new game, based on the X-engine and using some elements of the x-saga.

That means: technically you cannot use X3TC-savegames with XTC. Not the only but the simplest reason: the map is different, 100% (!).

For your game-play: of course, building up an empire needs about the same strategies as X3TC: freighters, fighters, stations and complexes.

But XTC offers A LOT of additional possibilities (and challenges):
- Player can own Shipyards
- Universe expands (up to 198 sectors iirc)
- Xenon and Kha'ak-Invasions
- ALL ships might bail
- foes (below a certain level) will chase your ships until destruction (of that specific ship of yours OR of the foe's ships)
- player can reengineer and reproduce Kha'ak- and Xenon-weaponry on specialized TL-ships

IMO XTC represents the ULTIMATE X3TC, for free. Fantastic work of the Devs; highly underrated in comparison to other games/mods.

I strongly recommend to install XTC on a COPY of your X3TC-installation.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”