[LUV][LU Remap] Diverse Game Starts for LU - v1.0.6 (Updated 2016-02-14)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

theape
x3ap

Post by theape » Fri, 25. Mar 16, 14:49

Hi,

i tried Diverse Game Starts with the Vanilla Version of LU and gave the Yaki Ronin Start a try. I have no idea how to play with this, how is this scenario supposed to work? You have to fly through paranid sectors where you get attacked and killed instantly. The ship is too slow to escape the paranid military/ orbital weapons platform and with 1000 credits it is not possible to tune the ship enough to fly through these sectors.
Maybe this scenario is only for the remap mod?

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Fri, 25. Mar 16, 15:34

Some people whine about it, some people consider it a challenge.

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Fri, 25. Mar 16, 19:01

theape wrote:Hi,

i tried Diverse Game Starts with the Vanilla Version of LU and gave the Yaki Ronin Start a try. I have no idea how to play with this, how is this scenario supposed to work? You have to fly through paranid sectors where you get attacked and killed instantly. The ship is too slow to escape the paranid military/ orbital weapons platform and with 1000 credits it is not possible to tune the ship enough to fly through these sectors.
Maybe this scenario is only for the remap mod?
I need to double-check, but I think you should be starting in one of the Yaki-controlled sectors. Apart from that, the Paranid are supposed to be shoot-on-sight. There are some "challenging" starts that do dump you in the middle of hostile territory, but I don't think Yaki Ronin was one of them.

theape
x3ap

Post by theape » Sat, 26. Mar 16, 05:27

You always stat in Senator's Badlands (Yaki territory) but the only way out of the Yaki Sectors is through Paranid Sectors.
I restarted the games several times until i got a game with decent combat missions in Senator's Badlands and Weaver's Tempest ("Station is under attack") to slowly build up enough money for the needed engine tuning :)
I dont know why but in the other games i started i only got "build station missions" every few minutes (real time with sinza) or none missions at all.

Defend combat missions work really well once your combat rank increases. In most of the missions you just have to kill paranids. I avoid assassination missions because i always had to kill pirates and i dont want to ruin my reputation with them :)

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Sat, 26. Mar 16, 08:00

OK, yeah, that is intended.

NodusCursorius
x4

Post by NodusCursorius » Thu, 9. Jun 16, 10:39

solarahawk wrote:While revamping the Pirate Guild
Oh my.... you have my attention. Muad'Dib! Muad'Dib! Muad'Dib!
This isn't about death. This is about what you learn from death. Never hollow.

Hariwulf
xr

Post by Hariwulf » Tue, 3. Apr 18, 19:09

With Yaki Ronin (M4) start there ismuch frustration.

Sector is low on missions (with EMS) and equipment. Plus, it is stuck in a position where the only way out is through Paranid core sectors. It took me almost 5 hours to manage to pass...it wasn't fun, but I eventually managed.

Maybe some tweaks would make this start less annoying. On the other hand, just because of the position of Yaki sectors, I don't know why I even tried that start, since basically they are so out of reach and segregated in a corner of the galaxy, that I wonder how often I would bump into them.

EDIT:
THE.PARANID.WILL.PAY.
I am gonna level their sectors in a pile of steaming ashes.
(I ended up being terribly immersed in this scenario)
Hariwulf

Zasso
x4

Re: [LUV][LU Remap] Diverse Game Starts for LU - v1.0.6 (Updated 2016-02-14)

Post by Zasso » Sun, 30. Dec 18, 03:24

Is there an update for this mod for LU 1.7.2?
I'd love a Boron or Terran start, but when I tried the Boron M5 start all stations and jump gates were randomly aligned.
When checking out the default starts all stations are normally aligned.
Or does anyone have a clue on how to fix this with the last version of this mod which was intended for LU 1.6.2?

Freenan
x4

Post by Freenan » Wed, 6. Jan 21, 00:18

Zasso wrote:
Sun, 30. Dec 18, 03:24
Is there an update for this mod for LU 1.7.2?
I'd love a Boron or Terran start, but when I tried the Boron M5 start all stations and jump gates were randomly aligned.
When checking out the default starts all stations are normally aligned.
Or does anyone have a clue on how to fix this with the last version of this mod which was intended for LU 1.6.2?
i use it with 1.7.2 and all is working fine

MeSlayer
x4

Post by MeSlayer » Sat, 1. Apr 23, 23:21

I wanted to add this in case someone else is having issues downloading the file. Something appears to have changed so that the download button for the original post no longer links to the mediafire host for this file. You can find the original link using your browsers Inspect Element functionality, the link is still there it's just not displayed -- or at least the link wasn't displayed for me. Hope this helps any future traveler who ends up here!

Thank you to A1CHEMIZT on the egosoft discord for pointing me in the right direction to see this!

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Sat, 1. Apr 23, 23:23

MeSlayer wrote:
Sat, 1. Apr 23, 23:21
I wanted to add this in case someone else is having issues downloading the file. Something appears to have changed so that the download button for the original post no longer links to the mediafire host for this file. You can find the original link using your browsers Inspect Element functionality, the link is still there it's just not displayed -- or at least the link wasn't displayed for me. Hope this helps any future traveler who ends up here!

Thank you to A1CHEMIZT on the egosoft discord for pointing me in the right direction to see this!
Press the Quote button, it will be enough ... :roll:

-----------------------------------------------
LU Vanilla Edition (V.1.0.6)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/nuubt ... v1.0.6.zip

LU Remap Edition (V.1.0.7)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/qc9iw ... v1.0.7.zip

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”