Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Fri, 27. May 16, 21:08

The entire LU team is amazing.
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Fri, 27. May 16, 21:09

OneOfMany wrote:When you E/I, any stations that have been built via station missions are not re created in the new export, just the vanilla stations.
Yes but I think that's why UT state across an E/I is saved by getting the money value of all currently carried wares on the trader and restarting the UT command. That way the UT isn't finding itself flying after an Export trying to sell wares at a station that doesn't exist anymore. So the situation you described shouldn't happen with E/I and if it does it's a bug (or you're using non-vanilla trading scripts).
Oman2 wrote:This isn't easily reproducible in other saves as far as I know, I've only seen a similar case once in my save about a week old in game, and this station has been running for about half of it.
Sounds like a bug. Make sure you can reproduce this with vanilla LU, then upload your savegame and a link to it and provide information on what is wrong so that anyone loading that can see the problem happening.
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

TomRobinson
x4

Post by TomRobinson » Fri, 27. May 16, 22:14

memeics wrote:
TomRobinson wrote: yea i knew i was going to have to do it anyway but didn't know if it was worth waiting to only do it once to avoid any potential errors that an E/I may produce?
E/I is one of the most rock stable features LU provides, it's brilliant, once you have used it a few times you won't think twice about using it if necessary. There are limitations to it, such as not being able to save the state of marines currently being trained so better make sure you have no marine currently training when performing an E/I.
As i read somewhere that it does not reproduce the universe exactly as it was before I thought it might be a bad thing to do multiple times.
There may be some minor differences, I challenge you to notice them :)

That said, from the game engine perspective the Import is like starting a new game. This has quite a lot of advantages, for example taking care of any slowdows that happen because of some broken global scripts (usually LU modifications) that are starting to add up. So it's nice to have a fresh start once in a while in a very long playthrough.
I probably will wait until its done though although in still playing the 1.6.2 save.
I'm an advocate of the "don't fix it if it works" principle. If you don't hit bugs in 1.6.2 that 1.7.0 claims to have fixed then no need to consider upgrading I think. Just because E/I is working well doesn't mean that one should go through it if there are no benefits from it.
Thanks for the detailed reply! I do, in fact, have a lot of marines in training (about 100) at different stages, some just started, so i may be waiting a while...... Thanks for the heads up!

More than anything I was looking forward to adding IEX to my game, but i guess it'll have to wait a few hours, wish i hadn't been so keen with my marine training program now!
Do Hippos Eat Giraffes?

OneOfMany
x4

Post by OneOfMany » Fri, 27. May 16, 22:58

Hi memeics,

I don't really get messages from my pilots telling me that the station they are heading to has vanished when I do an E/I.

That was me doing that imagination thing that some people use from time to time!

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Fri, 27. May 16, 23:52

Alright, sorry, brain was reading all that in "people are trying to report some bugs" mode...
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

FacelessHorsey
x4

Post by FacelessHorsey » Sat, 28. May 16, 08:39

Let me add my affectionate thanks for the hard work put into the mod. It's the best one out there by far.

I also have another question: I'd like to add more variety to the in-game music. Do I have to do it through the galaxy editor? The usual rename files in /soundtrack doesn't seem to work, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Oman2
x3tc

Post by Oman2 » Sat, 28. May 16, 09:08

memeics wrote:
Oman2 wrote:This isn't easily reproducible in other saves as far as I know, I've only seen a similar case once in my save about a week old in game, and this station has been running for about half of it.
Sounds like a bug. Make sure you can reproduce this with vanilla LU, then upload your savegame and a link to it and provide information on what is wrong so that anyone loading that can see the problem happening.
Any idea what sort of method I could use to do this? So far all I know is that the agent decided to break something searching for crystals. I was able to get around it well enough sending it to do something else, so I have no idea what might be the actual problem.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sat, 28. May 16, 09:33

FacelessHorsey wrote:Let me add my affectionate thanks for the hard work put into the mod. It's the best one out there by far.

I also have another question: I'd like to add more variety to the in-game music. Do I have to do it through the galaxy editor? The usual rename files in /soundtrack doesn't seem to work, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.
Does this answer your question? http://litcube.xtimelines.net/wiki/inde ... ture_Music

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 28. May 16, 11:20

Each sector in LU has it's own music track, and has the ability to accommodate 14 combat tracks.
As for combat tracks, there's now 42 tracks
This wiki is ugly.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sun, 29. May 16, 03:36

Joubarbe wrote:
Each sector in LU has it's own music track, and has the ability to accommodate 14 combat tracks.
As for combat tracks, there's now 42 tracks
This wiki is ugly.
lewlz

dnquxiti
x3

Craash to Desktop

Post by dnquxiti » Sun, 29. May 16, 20:59

I just started encountering a repeatable crash to desktop when trying to enter Mars. I tried jumping in or using the gate from Mercury, and also using the south gate from a jump, every time I get a program is not responding message. I had IEX installed, but did an export, removed Cat/Dat 10,11,12, and did an import. No other mods.

Save:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzl8ww ... sp=sharing

Edit to say 1.7

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Sun, 29. May 16, 21:15

To my knowledge and IEX based save is not compatible with returning to a vanilla universe (IEX actually is a different universe map).
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

dnquxiti
x3

Post by dnquxiti » Sun, 29. May 16, 21:27

TrixX wrote:To my knowledge and IEX based save is not compatible with returning to a vanilla universe (IEX actually is a different universe map).
Even after E/I?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 29. May 16, 21:27

That's why E/I is for...

dnquxiti
x3

Re: Craash to Desktop

Post by dnquxiti » Sun, 29. May 16, 21:55

dnquxiti wrote:I just started encountering a repeatable crash to desktop when trying to enter Mars. I tried jumping in or using the gate from Mercury, and also using the south gate from a jump, every time I get a program is not responding message. I had IEX installed, but did an export, removed Cat/Dat 10,11,12, and did an import. No other mods.

Save:

Edit to say 1.7
I just did some more testing, and it appears to be a rash of Terran Sectors. I can't find anything really common between them. Mars, Uranus, Saturn 2, Venus. But others like Heretic's End, Mercury, Jupiter, and Titan work fine. I'll try an E/I and reinstall and see if that fixes it.

dnquxiti
x3

Post by dnquxiti » Sun, 29. May 16, 22:11

dnquxiti wrote:
dnquxiti wrote:I just started encountering a repeatable crash to desktop when trying to enter Mars. I tried jumping in or using the gate from Mercury, and also using the south gate from a jump, every time I get a program is not responding message. I had IEX installed, but did an export, removed Cat/Dat 10,11,12, and did an import. No other mods.

Save:

Edit to say 1.7
I just did some more testing, and it appears to be a rash of Terran Sectors. I can't find anything really common between them. Mars, Uranus, Saturn 2, Venus. But others like Heretic's End, Mercury, Jupiter, and Titan work fine. I'll try an E/I and reinstall and see if that fixes it.
Fresh install, 1.7, EI 2.2.5, GUI 1.2.6, Soundtrack 1.2, same issue occurs after trying to jump into one of those systems once I load in from the import.

I'll try putting IEX back and importing and see if that fixes it.

Edit to say, same issue occurs after import with the IEX installed as well.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sun, 29. May 16, 22:23

dnquxiti wrote:I just started encountering a repeatable crash.
Cannot confirm.

Jumped to Mars, Uranus, Saturn 2, Venus with your save and all is well.

dnquxiti
x3

Post by dnquxiti » Sun, 29. May 16, 23:06

Litcube wrote:
dnquxiti wrote:I just started encountering a repeatable crash.
Cannot confirm.

Jumped to Mars, Uranus, Saturn 2, Venus with your save and all is well.
Redownloaded from Steam, and reinstalled, that did the trick, my vanilla install must have gotten corrupted somewhere along the way.

Another question though, since I was poking around through things while I was waiting for the download. This is in the change log:

(1) Fixed: Re-purposed M0 icon to fix Terran Orbital Laser showing up as an M5 on the map

Terran Orbital Lasers still look like M5s on the map in my game, but they are in a different order on the list. Should they look different, or JUST be in a different order? Clearly, this is a major, game breaking issue.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 29. May 16, 23:08

Jumped into Venus ; she didn't want me. I left.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sun, 29. May 16, 23:17

dnquxiti wrote:Terran Orbital Lasers still look like M5s on the map in my game, but they are in a different order on the list. Should they look different, or JUST be in a different order? Clearly, this is a major, game breaking issue.
Woopsie doodle. I did all the base work for the fix, but forgot to copy the Tships over from LETE. A Litcube packing issue.

Change the subtype of the "Orbital Laser" (#370 in Xeditor2) to SG_SH_M0 and it will be fixed.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”