New X game wishlist!! write here features you need in next X game

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

capitalduty

New X game wishlist!! write here features you need in next X game

Post by capitalduty » Mon, 23. May 16, 02:06

Multiple ship player direct control (fighters, corvettes, frigates)
Carrier based fighters and bombers
One cockpit for fighter, one for corvette and one bridge for capital ship. New cockpits with DLC’s
-Fighter rol: Defense against enemy fighter and bombers
-Bombers rol: Attacking capital ships subsystems or large ships (engines and weapons prioritizing) they won’t fight fighters ever!!
You may select missile and weapon types for fighters!!
Maybe UNIQUE DRONE CARRIERS!.
Drones (mass attacking but low quality):
-Interceptors: against fighters, fast.
-Multirole: moderate damage, targets fighters and capital ships.
-Bombers: Targets subsystems of capital ships.
Multiple ship selection and command during external view.
Siege behavior for some ships or siege command: (missile frigates and destroyers) or ships with spinal frontal weapons. (ships will move 0,8 maximum firing range of siege weapons and fire…ships in siege will try to maintain distance (maybe they will use reverse thrusters and always try to maintain front weapons facing enemy targets).
-corvettes should get turrets (different types and maybe customization): missile corvettes, laser corvettes or anti fighter corvettes.
- Fight rank explicit in game: you get to good and you fight whole fleets (2, 3, 4 capitals ships at once, xenon I spawning at higher levels) just like x3 albion prelude did. (You can also lose rank when losing too many assets) so you get balance!!...you get notifications of your rank and also affect bailing out probability!! Higher economy and fight ranks makes enemy spawn, at increasing strength, attack fleets on your assets (this should be generated if enemy station is still on system or in sector?!)
- Reputation affects with ships can you get from allies….just like x3!!
-Player based shipyard or headquarters: you can get special plot unique ships with reverse engineering (buildable xenon I !!!????) You can dock and customize colors and maybe weapons of your capital and other ships there.
-more large and corvettes size ships!-

WAR BEHAVIOR
-YOU CAN DESTROY STATIONS!!! You destroy all stations on sector and you can claim it!!
These missions will appear at higher fight and economy rank.
- NPC offering to build stations for allies so your friends get to expand to new zones-
-NPC offering missions to destroy enemy stations so you or them can take sector-
-you may eliminate entire factions with these….difficult, but possible!-
ECONOMY CAN BE AFFECTED WITH PLAYER DECISIONS!
NEW ECONOMY SINKS: LIKE FACTION BUILDING ATTACK FLEETS AND STATIONS (CAN OR CANNOT BE SEEN) ALSO PLANETS SHOULD NEED RECOURSES.

New fast commands
Shift+F1: Stand out; ships won’t fire at all even if attacked.
Shift+F2: Defense; ships will fire when fired upon.
Shift+F3: Aggressive behavior; ships will fire on enemy on range.
Shift+F4: Patrol Sector in which ship is already in (It’s like hunt everyone there)

Please Egosoft i trust you, you know how to do a very good space game!! Listen your community.

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Mon, 23. May 16, 04:37

Better AI ;)

Those are some good ideas but without proper AI they will be just useless objects in game. For example we have missiles ships or carriers that act like battle ships making them useless in their support roles. Also they can't use drones properly (they send overun drones against fighters). So even if they add more thing in game it wont make much difference. I just hope that they realize this before they release new game.
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Mon, 23. May 16, 10:04

I wish Egosoft would rent out a Swiss ski resort for the week with beer and pizza on the house and invite all the cool people to come for some merry conference of the next game with presentations, town hall meetings and round table discussions. Everyone leaves with a new VR headset and a voucher for the next game 8)

Make it so :lol:

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Mon, 23. May 16, 10:27

BBT as funny as your post is, its not the most far-fetched suggestion/wish that has or will be posted, including getting a VR set. :roll:

MFG

Ketraar

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Mon, 23. May 16, 18:12

Personally I do not see the added value of a VR-set in any game other than First Person console games. No point in having them on PC-games with the preferred use of playing with keyboard.

Besides, the proposal hinges on Egosoft to interact with their customer base...

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 23. May 16, 18:27

I agree with everything from OP except:
Hell no! It was a nightmare to equip fighter squadrons with guns and missiles in X3. I like current XR system (fighter is a whole package, no customization) - they only need to better ballance fighters (right now anything that dont have "sentinel" in name is usually a junk).

I'd add better pathfining for warship flying and boosting - current system is a nightmare and plain obvious when you try to have your warships fly around Torride or any asteroid zone.

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Mon, 23. May 16, 19:10

Graaf wrote:Personally I do not see the added value of a VR-set in any game other than First Person console games. No point in having them on PC-games with the preferred use of playing with keyboard.

Besides, the proposal hinges on Egosoft to interact with their customer base...
I was reading somewhere that you need to have at least 120 fps otherwise your hed is going to hurt like crazy after short period of time. Not sure how true that article is true though.
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

Patholos
x4

Post by Patholos » Mon, 23. May 16, 19:39

I just wished the game could take advantage of the Lore and ditch the kiddy style it presents itself with

I mean:
- Split almost xenocided the Borons
- Filthy traitorous Argon terrorbombed Earth killing millions of innocent civilians. then unleashed modified Terraformers in an effort to kill of the Human race.
- Xenon have probably killed bilions of sentient aliens and humans alike.
- Teladi have probably peddled in dubious weaponry leading to horrific loss of life.
- Paragon nuked the Khaak homeworld for their Nividium, effectively xenociding them and leaving the survivors hellbent on revenge.

There's soo much good material there, but not used in a way that I feel brings it out. I mean, the races have any reason to shoot on sight whenever they see eachother, but it's reducded to audioquips like "Look at this dangerous meltingpot" and "Eww, green creepycrawlies".

More rich backstory goes a long way for me.

And more boobwindows. ALOT more.
Sure glad I didn't purchase a new computer this release.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 23. May 16, 21:23

@Patholos: X-Rebirth plot is already more dark than the X3 plot (PMC beign corporate nazis, OL uleashing Xenons to neighbours to save their skin). No need to turn this to Game of Thrones.

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Mon, 23. May 16, 21:56

Perhaps they should expand story with genetic missions. Kill PMC general responsible for killing civilians or CEO for slavery. This would bring little more to story line..... Beside plot there is nothing more about that and it kind kills storyline.

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Tue, 24. May 16, 00:55

As Ui is most ugly to repair by mod some update to the Ui would be nice e.g.
A toggle menus key: who doesn't know this you are ordering a big ship and some pirates spawn and think you could help them dying.
The key would hide, but not close all menus and giving you full flight controls, hit it again to unhide the menus.
Multiple Menus at the same time, self explaining.
more useful shortcuts, like Pos1/End form zero/full amount in sliders.
surface elements should get a higher priority than the frame brackets around the target ship, a surface targeting mode where you don't have to click the surface elements exactly but get the closest one when missing would be nice
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

Blightedmythos
x3

Post by Blightedmythos » Tue, 24. May 16, 04:19

For me, the UI is horrendous and tiresome to navigate. It could be condensed and so much better! It needs tabs, drag and drop functionality. Reducing all the dialog options into a menu instead would be much better as well. Can you imagine if you could just drag ships to trade? Or trade ships into stations to be subordinates? Instead I have to navigate like 6-7 menus and dialog options to quickly assign a few M cargo ships to my stations. If just something as simple as telling a station subordinate to "get this resource" isn't possible without adding them to a squad, setting up the trades, waiting until it's complete, and reassigned as a subordinate.

Being able to queue commands and not just trades would be awesome too. Refuel and THEN trade here, transfer wares here, assign subordinate there after all those complete, ect.

I also second AI improvements. Ships assigned to my stations just sit there instead of selling products. Or they will buy products I don't need instead of the ones I am low on. Drones aren't used properly.

I WOULD like more combat ships and variations but not until those two major things are fixed.

More ship customization would be good. The current upgrade system is pretty boring aside from the weapon modules. Hell, even some light rpg mechanics like Starpoint Gemini Warlords has would be awesome.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Tue, 24. May 16, 08:35

Blightedmythos wrote:Being able to queue commands and not just trades would be awesome too. Refuel and THEN trade here, transfer wares here, assign subordinate there after all those complete, ect.
Can already do the first 2. Refuelling for trade ships can be done through the trade menu (not just as a command) & is handled just like any other buy order. Transfer wares orders are also automatically added to the trade queue. For example, can order a ship to buy missiles, deliver them to a warship, then continue with other trade orders and/or ware transfers.

capitalduty

Post by capitalduty » Fri, 27. May 16, 17:40

Blightedmythos wrote:For me, the UI is horrendous and tiresome to navigate. It could be condensed and so much better! It needs tabs, drag and drop functionality. Reducing all the dialog options into a menu instead would be much better as well. Can you imagine if you could just drag ships to trade? Or trade ships into stations to be subordinates? Instead I have to navigate like 6-7 menus and dialog options to quickly assign a few M cargo ships to my stations. If just something as simple as telling a station subordinate to "get this resource" isn't possible without adding them to a squad, setting up the trades, waiting until it's complete, and reassigned as a subordinate.

Being able to queue commands and not just trades would be awesome too. Refuel and THEN trade here, transfer wares here, assign subordinate there after all those complete, ect.

I also second AI improvements. Ships assigned to my stations just sit there instead of selling products. Or they will buy products I don't need instead of the ones I am low on. Drones aren't used properly.

I WOULD like more combat ships and variations but not until those two major things are fixed.

More ship customization would be good. The current upgrade system is pretty boring aside from the weapon modules. Hell, even some light rpg mechanics like Starpoint Gemini Warlords has would be awesome.
Yeah you are right there, we need better and easier UI draging should be implemented!

Well, in my game assigned ships do sell products and buy products for production, just be sure to have a radar for trading in entire system and the right cargo for wares...also check is your product is being bought at system...example...in HOL system, selling fusion reactors is kinda difficult cause is almost a saturated market...but selling urvs or silicon wafers is just a money machine for you :D

i normally dont use the refuel command...you can tell your capitan to refuel automaticly, its well implemented...be sure to check this option for station assigned ships...this should be standard for all station asigned ship...i agreed.

yess, transfering missiles and drones to a ship is rather painful....maybe we should have a dedicated supply ship...witch buys drones and fuel for your fleet....or maybe some other new system should be implemented.

capitalduty

Post by capitalduty » Fri, 27. May 16, 17:47

mr.WHO wrote:I agree with everything from OP except:
Hell no! It was a nightmare to equip fighter squadrons with guns and missiles in X3. I like current XR system (fighter is a whole package, no customization) - they only need to better ballance fighters (right now anything that dont have "sentinel" in name is usually a junk).

I'd add better pathfining for warship flying and boosting - current system is a nightmare and plain obvious when you try to have your warships fly around Torride or any asteroid zone.
no no no...never like x3 lol, i mean you could do something like the player shipyard at albion prelude....you design your template for mass production (weapons, shield, paint)...and build like 100 ships: foltor raider with missiles and pink paint ;) from your own shipyard...yet every mod increases cost :D

Assailer
x4

Post by Assailer » Mon, 30. May 16, 09:45

In a new title they should remove all human 3d models or do them properly which is hard and costly.

My preference would be to remove them and stick to 2d renders.

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Tue, 31. May 16, 00:22

X Universe with space sim at its core but then branching out into 4X & RTS is the right thing to do imho, this is the formula that can deliver a world leading game.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Thu, 2. Jun 16, 01:07

Assailer wrote:In a new title they should remove all human 3d models or do them properly which is hard and costly.

My preference would be to remove them and stick to 2d renders.

I like that they are branching out to new features of their genre.
But like you said, you can't half-arse this. If done right this feature can be a brilliant addition to the X series.. But yeah, not enough resources and it lost it's charm.

They should be procedurally generated Stations to make them more interesting and allow modders to make their own packages so we can see stations that are never the same.
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

vkerinav
x3ap

Post by vkerinav » Thu, 2. Jun 16, 13:45

I want a pony. And rainbows!*

*I could be bought off by allowing me to fly whatever I want, with no repeated references by NPCs to how I'm a dirty, stinking male.

Cabrelbeuk
x4

Post by Cabrelbeuk » Thu, 2. Jun 16, 16:32

Finished X game at release.

Give a beta/early access if you can't.
AMD R7 2700X 3.7GHz - GTX 1070 Ti 8Go Asus cerberus - 16Go RAM 3200MHz - Asus Prime X470-Pro - LG 32" 4K 60Hz - SSD Samsung Evo850 512 GB - HDD Toshiba 2 To 7200 Tr/min - Onkyo HTS-7800 Dolby Atmos 5.1.2

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”