[MOD][AP] Maximum Life Mod Mix

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Boringnick
x3tc

[MOD][AP] Maximum Life Mod Mix

Post by Boringnick » Mon, 1. Feb 16, 22:33

X3 is a bit too static and sterile in its vanilla state. Thankfully, there are lots of scripts and mods that add life to the game, but you need to hunt them down through the forums and websites.

Well, I present the Maximum Life Mod Mix!

Downloadlink:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7_eYq ... sp=sharing

Mirror:

Code: Select all

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqZV06S9UQZnaWAJVCJOfL4AcPE
For now it works with the English version of Albion Prelude only.

Install it only on a vanilla-installation of AP.

Maximum Life Mod Mix is compilation of lots of scripts and mods that light up the X-universe for sure. It's based on XRM with a host of other scripts added. In addition to Artificial Life plugins like LIFE and Pirate Guild, all the scripts of the bonus pack (the newest unsigned versions of them) are included as well.

The point of this compilation is to convert a vanilla installation of AP instantly into a huge sandbox with lots of toys to play.

Be aware, that it's very taxing on the hardware! If you want an optimized experience, XRM and Litcube's Universe are definitely the way to go. MaxLifeModMix is all about living up the universe and let X3 bang as much as it can.

Installation guide:

---------

Run the installer.

Start a new game - the very first load will take a long time, due all the scripts that need to be initialized. It may appear as if the game crashed (at the "incoming message" screen), but don't worry, it will finish the load eventually.

Read all the messages from the various mods and save your game. Then load that save (this is needed because some of the scripts need a save-reload cycle)

Open up the controls page by clicking on the checkmark on the bottom-left, then chose "Controls" and then click on "Interface". Scroll the list down until you find under "Extensions" the entry "Plugin Configurations". Bind Plugin Configurations to a key.

Open up Plugin Configurations by pressing the bound key. Chose "Military Base Revamp" and then click on "Install/update". After you get the installation-confirmation, close the menu, chose "Improved Kha'ak, the revenge" and set it to enabled.

Save your game and load it again (important).

Open up the Artificial Life settings (Checkmark on the bottom left->Gameplay->Artificial Life Settings). There you can activate everything except "Detector: Off". And for the maximum bang, I recommend to turn it all up.

-------

Have fun. I would recommend making the pirates strong by activating ADS, because the races tend to attack them due all the scripts (Anarkis Defense System, set it on enabled in the Pirate Guild and Yaki Armada Artificial Life Settings).
Last edited by Boringnick on Sat, 13. May 17, 15:20, edited 5 times in total.

Boringnick
x3tc

Post by Boringnick » Mon, 1. Feb 16, 22:35

List of mods and scripts included:

XRM by Paul Wheeler
The updated Albion Prelude Bonuspack (credits in the link)
Military Base Response Revamp by ThisIsHarsh
LIFE by Shush
XRM version of Phanon Corporation by Litcube and Teleth
Improved Kha'ak 2 by 7ate9tin11s
Pirate Guild by Serial Kicked
Yaki Armada 2 By Serial Kicked
Anarkis Defense System by Serial Kicked
CODEA by Lucike
Immersive Environments by connary
IEX by Moonrat
Lost Colony Expansion by vukica
Marine Repairs and Training by DrBullwinkle
MARS by Gazz
Extended Communication System by Serial Kicked
JSON Parser by ThisIsHarsh
Community Plugin Configuration by Cycrow
The Galactic News System by The X-Tended Team

myrmidon
x3tc

Post by myrmidon » Tue, 2. Feb 16, 02:24

While awaiting the next version of X3LU I was trying out XRM and finding it rather boring (as long as I avoid those OP beam firing Xenon Capitals flying around).

And then I spy this interesting mod. Ya gut! Me in. I have a circa 2008 PC game rig (athlon FX 3Ghz cpu, 8gb ram, dual 5800 toxic cards) which chugs a bit while on SETA 1000% in any X3 flavor...so we'll see if this rather largish mod will choke it.

I will follow the installation instructions to the letter.

edit: except that I am going to install the xrmnowar script as I will have my hands full with all the other stuff (Phanon, Pirates, Xenon, Kha'ak, Yaki, who knows what else oh my)

Niko_Espeon
x4

Post by Niko_Espeon » Wed, 3. Feb 16, 02:05

Tried it, it seems to work alright except that all the AI ships seem to do pitiful damage to each other, but YOU on the other hand seem to do significantly more damage and they do regular damage to you. Not really a big deal, but I just find it silly how there's like nearly endless dogfights between a few argon ships and a huge fleet of terran ships until you intervene.

Also whenever you attack AGI ships, a black box in the top right corner that says AGI appears and stays there for a long while.

Boringnick
x3tc

Post by Boringnick » Wed, 3. Feb 16, 15:46

Niko_Espeon wrote:Whenever you attack AGI ships, a black box in the top right corner that says AGI appears and stays there for a long while.
I know. It does seem to happen only with the Beryll AGI fighters though and the message box is quite small. So I haven't bothered much to fix this one.
it seems to work alright except that all the AI ships seem to do pitiful damage to each other, but YOU on the other hand seem to do significantly more damage and they do regular damage to you. Not really a big deal, but I just find it silly how there's like nearly endless dogfights between a few argon ships and a huge fleet of terran ships until you intervene.
Hm, the damage seems to be alright in my test game and on par with XRM.

Many Terran weapons have a slower fire rate than in vanilla, and the races send far more reinforcements out during a fight. This can drag out the Terran-Argon battles quite a bit - which is kinda the point. I observed that most fights in Terran border sectors seem to be comprised between Terran capships and groups of Argon centaurs.

myrmidon
x3tc

Post by myrmidon » Thu, 4. Feb 16, 03:39

Couple days of gaming goodness:

1. Had an epic defense battle against a huge Kha'ak advanced swarm incursion at Ocean of Fantasy. Like a near-fatal close range kill on Kha'ak carrier (with screen shaking and warnings of impending cap ship explosion) and cha-ching, several million credits in bounties. Multiple waves of Boron capitals required to repel the attackers. All while in my M3 keeping close to the Boron big boys and getting in on their kills. Earned a corvette in bounties from that one epic stand.

Then promptly turned around and got shot down after getting a little too bold and taking on five Xenon M2s/M3s all by myself in my brand new corvette. Well that is what autosaves are for:)

2. For next version, could we make Docking Computer cheap and available for all ship classes? It is an essential quality of life item for the player IMHO.

Especially given the increased CPU load and the lag experienced on SETA (I have all the options enabled as per the install instructions). Just watching a ship slow to zero, then turn to make the slow approach to the station...jamaica me crazy mon.

This annoyance is certainly more about XRM than this mod-mod. I have no clue why DC component would be a "balance" item.

...as is the fact that I sometimes can pass entirely through a jump gate while on SETA 1000%...that's an X3 first for me and was quite amusing...the first time. Most likely due to the lag on my rig. There is a ton going on all the time it appears.

edit: workaround for my PC: reduce SETA back to the default 600%...seems to handle lag better.

3. Recommend an edit to the install instructions for this phrase "I would recommend making the pirates strong by activating ADS"

I wasn't familiar at all with what "ADS" was but I after a bit of google-fu I (believe I) figured out that you are suggesting to enable the Anarkis Defense System option via this suggested edit:

"I would recommend making the pirates strong by activating ADS: gameplay/options/Artificial Life/Pirates Guild v3/Use ADS to protect pirate bases <-- set to enabled"

4. In the gameplay/options/artificial life/Yaki Armada, there is an option for "ADS support". I set that to "enabled"...was wondering if that is recommended or not. Since the pirates get this I thought that the Yaki should get ADS as well :)

Boringnick
x3tc

Post by Boringnick » Thu, 4. Feb 16, 12:42

Yeah, ADS is Anarkis Defense System. It should be set for the pirates and yaki as well.

I will edit the description.

myrmidon
x3tc

Post by myrmidon » Mon, 8. Feb 16, 09:58

Some more feedback to the mod-mod author after a few in-game days of playing:

I've enjoyed the heck out of these past few days of gaming in the universe of this mod.

The below I've marked as "spoiler" since lots of what I'm saying should be discovered by a player for themselves:
Spoiler
Show

1. How I made money in the early game:
I found that the top money maker was taking advantage of in-sector bailing during Kha'ak invasions by friendly carrier wings. (Sadly, the carriers first would send all of their fighters in to die (and sometimes quite a few would bail), then the lone carrier would go diving in afterwards (to die, usually). Sometimes I could distract the Kha'ak ship and get them turned away from the incoming friendly capital. This wasn't always much of a help.). Then I leave and return only a few times...always staying in-sector when there a lot of friendly fighters (and TS/TPs) roaming around, and shooing what I could. Then afterwards come back and claim the bailed ships and have a TS scoop up all the stuff that got dropped.

2. Hey! Come back here!
The one annoyance is while I was repairing a bailing ship...my player ship was zapped by a Kha'ak scout and went flying off on its own. Boy did I express about a paragraph of expletives. And then learned about the diameter of those scouts from their mother ship. The above is likely more about XRM than this mod-mod. (I've only played an in-game day or so of XRM vanilla)

3. XRM/Maxlife is a dangerous place and seems to limit gameplay variety.

Sure, I had fun or a few days claiming bailed ships and fighting in big defensive and offensive wars and telling a TS to pick up stuff dropped in the warzones. However is XRM, with all these badass enemies that can jump in wherever they want, in whatever strength, also limiting/removing other ways to make money?

a. Player complex/station building? Not me.

After I watched Cloudbase Southwest get stomped entirely flat by a Kha'ak invasion, along with four Argon capital ships and several dozen fighters as well, I realized that station building by the player is entirely out of the question for me for early-mid game. I also question whether, even if I owned several M2s of my own, that stations or complexes of my own would be worth the risk (even if I surrounded them with dozens of laser towers each...a Kha'ak and Xenon capital would likely mow right through whatever was there).

b. Universe traders? The per-ship cost to implement is too high. The risk of being zapped is too high.

XRM makes the components cost too much. The entry price of especially jump drives just doesn't make this practical.

Admittedly, I seriously ramped up the risk to any UTs of my own by shooting up pirates.

c. Satellite networks are taking a beating

Boy, pirates do like shooting up satellites. What I would give for a stealth satellite. I had also planned on shooting up the Yaki...but decided against it once I saw how my mission log was filled with lots of "pirate just killed your satellite" messages.

Still, there is a ton of things to do in this mod:

- running a defense and salvage operation against Kha'ak and Xenon incursions.

- the quests are there (so long as an enemy doesn't come along and destroy the station with the quest giver?).

- there are a ton of systems to find and map

- the included "Life" mod is really entertaining

- when a station blows up...boy does that put a hurting on anything around it...very epic screen shaking as a bonus!

4. A major giveaway? Or a typo in a file somewhere?: A near fully equipped Heavy Osprey on sale at an Argon PAR Shipyward for -23 million. It came with eight marines (including a veteran with 3-4 stars in every discipline), six 200MJ shields, and as a final huge gift: about ten Fusion Bomb launchers. Actually I didn't get any extra credits after buying it...but still...a badass ship for free.

I imagine that 23 million (without the negative sign) was the intended price...

I am still flying this beast after fully equipping it and surviving a stand-and-deliver attack on a slightly distracted Kha'ak advanced carrier. I have yet to see what the price would be if I attempted to sell it...

5. A minor typo: The emergency message that warns of imminent attack on <some> system, is spelling the word as "immenent" (I noticed it in an emergency message about a Paranid system).

6. I think I found a way to prevent Tanditech from jumping its TS ships away...I attack with mass drivers which leave the shields intact. I regard this as an exploit so stopped doing it.

Boringnick
x3tc

Post by Boringnick » Wed, 10. Feb 16, 15:55

Thanks for the feedback.

Yea, UTs are a very bad idea here, but I am pretty sure that stations are viable in a calm sector. The various factions keep each other in check in the more exposed sectors leaving the more hidden ones alone.

Revan Tiberius
x3ap

Post by Revan Tiberius » Sat, 14. May 16, 14:27

You going to keep adding to this or was it a one off compilation?

myrmidon
x3tc

Post by myrmidon » Sat, 14. May 16, 18:03

Sorry real life issues have suspended my play/feedback for awhile. There are foes worthy of my metal here...

Boringnick
x3tc

Post by Boringnick » Sat, 14. May 16, 21:48

Revan Tiberius wrote:You going to keep adding to this or was it a one off compilation?
There aren't many "life enhancer" scripts left (the main purpose of the mod).

I probably will update it when a new XRM version comes.

ASSTEROIDS

Post by ASSTEROIDS » Sun, 22. May 16, 00:41

Well, I was very skeptical, but this is not a botched install, there is more work on this mod collection than meet the eye, so I thank you Boringnick for insisting I try it, for you understand what X3 is all about.

Sure that every old timer may have different preferences (I for one prefer smart over mars) but this will save days (weeks for me...) of installation hassles for people who like the most interesting X3 game possible. The exact installation steps is a nice touch too.

Now, I will sure add a few scripts to this, so it would be good if the inclusion list was complete, for instance, the phanom corporation is not listed but it is in the game. The version numbers too, and what libraries.

Excellent work still

Boringnick
x3tc

Post by Boringnick » Sun, 22. May 16, 14:16

ASSTEROIDS wrote:Well, I was very skeptical, but this is not a botched install, there is more work on this mod collection than meet the eye, so I thank you Boringnick for insisting I try it, for you understand what X3 is all about.
Thanks.
ASSTEROIDS wrote:Now, I will sure add a few scripts to this, so it would be good if the inclusion list was complete, for instance, the phanom corporation is not listed but it is in the game. The version numbers too, and what libraries.
Phanon is listed ("XRM version of Phanon Corporation by Litcube and Teleth").

ASSTEROIDS

Post by ASSTEROIDS » Sun, 22. May 16, 14:47

Sorry, I sometimes read too fast.

All the important libraries are included too, so i'm working to make a plugin manager free installation. I've added a dozen scripts to your pack until now, and it seems everything is working fine.

ASSTEROIDS

Post by ASSTEROIDS » Sun, 22. May 16, 15:04

I've got a question; did you add any ships? I would like to add the modification XRMHULLMID, which make hulls stronger.

Boringnick
x3tc

Post by Boringnick » Sun, 22. May 16, 15:16

ASSTEROIDS wrote:I've got a question; did you add any ships?
No, except for the ones already included in XRM.
Last edited by Boringnick on Sat, 13. May 17, 15:12, edited 2 times in total.

Boringnick
x3tc

Post by Boringnick » Thu, 11. May 17, 18:54

Wow, Dropbox deleted the file because I didn't log-in into that account for a period of time.

I had no idea they do this. Unfortunately, I have also deleted my local copy after I have uploaded it to Dropbox...

Lesson learned: NEVER TRUST CLOUD SERVICES, EVER.

Anyone here who downloaded it and still has the file?

Boringnick
x3tc

Post by Boringnick » Sat, 13. May 17, 15:14

A user who downloaded this mod sent me a copy of it. Many thanks! I put it again online:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7_eYq ... sp=sharing

And just in case, additional mirror here:

Code: Select all

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqZV06S9UQZnaWAJVCJOfL4AcPE

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”