Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Tue, 3. May 16, 01:21

welcome back to the addiction. :lol:

worsin
x3ap

Post by worsin » Tue, 3. May 16, 05:22

I think my game is broken.

The OCV seemed to be stagnant and not really progressing, I thought it was working because they did take a few sectors but after many many hours of playing ive seen them make no progress.

I decided to take a look for myself to see their zones and this is what i find in Cerberus Alpha

http://screencast.com/t/Lx74ANlPsSB

There must be several hundred ships parked around their Dock and the frame rate drops to like 2 FPS.

Here is my save file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h5nw8d82p93onlf/X01.sav?dl=0

I have many hundreds of hours in this game and i think there should be a lot more progress from them at this point.

If there is a way to fix this game that would be awesome, im not sure i have it in me right now to start another from scratch.

[/img]

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Tue, 3. May 16, 05:26

What mods do you have installed, and why do I have to keep asking?

worsin
x3ap

Post by worsin » Tue, 3. May 16, 06:38

Litcube wrote:What mods do you have installed, and why do I have to keep asking?
Im sorry i was not aware to send the plugins, my mistake.

Just a few from the Litcube Approved Mod page

[2014-08-25] Cockpit Mod for Litcube's Universe by Shasslar
[2015-05-29] Ship Browser - In Game Ship Comparison Tool by zanzal
[2015-06-14] EasyConnect - Complex Connector by Joubarbe
[2015-06-11] Satellites Monitoring by Joubarbe

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Tue, 3. May 16, 06:42

Thanks worsin. I'll download and install these tomorrow and find out which of these mods is getting the axe. . As you likely noticed, you have mammoths everywhere.

worsin
x3ap

Post by worsin » Tue, 3. May 16, 06:44

Litcube wrote:Thanks worsin. I'll download and install these tomorrow and find out which of these mods is getting the axe. . As you likely noticed, you have mammoths everywhere.
Yeah apparently the OCV has bought out FedEx

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 3. May 16, 09:51

kaistern wrote:So have there been any MAJOR changes since 1.4.3?
1.6.0 was a big one :
* (-) Changed: Equipment docks will no longer buy wares not listed for sale (vanilla exploit)
amongst other important things. The upcoming 1.7.0 will be an other milestone IMO.... and it will make Mayhem work as it should :)

chippzanuff93
x3ap

Post by chippzanuff93 » Tue, 3. May 16, 10:56

Regarding my SEWN post 2 pages back when I was asking if LU has something similar. Someone recommended me a mod for satellites. But I actually found out that LU has one integrated. In the player console you can go to "Sector security complaints" and browse through the alerted sectors. Just pointing that out for any other noob like myself cuz I know I struggled.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Tue, 3. May 16, 18:06

* (1) Fixed: Betty stopped saying Saturn Complex Hub properly a few patches ago
Wow, now this may be THE most important change which brings me back to play X3 LU! Thank you! :)

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Tue, 3. May 16, 18:42

worsin wrote:
Litcube wrote:Thanks worsin. I'll download and install these tomorrow and find out which of these mods is getting the axe. . As you likely noticed, you have mammoths everywhere.
Did you at some point install Revelation+ and uninstall it?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 3. May 16, 20:52

I miss Red Litcube.

artisauce
x3fl

Post by artisauce » Wed, 4. May 16, 03:32

Joubarbe wrote:I miss Red Litcube.
Oh, you mean Pirate Litcube?

[ external image ]

+30% Programming Speed
+50% More Bugs
+20% Update Frequency

:lol:

gLu3xb3rchi
x3ap

Post by gLu3xb3rchi » Wed, 4. May 16, 04:11

Is it possible to play LU with a German X3:AP installation?

If yes, how much voiced/written content am I missing then (which isn't translated to german or just won't play)?

If no, how can I make it work?

I have no problem with the english language, but X in everything except German just feels weird to me. And Betty sounds like shes going to murder me.

worsin
x3ap

Post by worsin » Wed, 4. May 16, 04:13

Litcube wrote:
worsin wrote:
Nope I never even downloaded that one.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Wed, 4. May 16, 06:00

worsin wrote:
Litcube wrote:
worsin wrote:
Well, shit.

If you go back in your log, when the OCV stared taking over Pike Beta is when your "from" field started getting readtext errors in your notifications. So something is screwy. I can't reproduce it on my end. I wipe all the Mammoths, and they don't produce another one.

If you do a complete reinstall, I can fix the save game you sent me and send it to you. Or if you want an updated one fixed, send it to me. I will remove all the mammoths and send it back.

Fun-X
x4

Post by Fun-X » Wed, 4. May 16, 06:22

chippzanuff93 wrote:Regarding my SEWN post 2 pages back when I was asking if LU has something similar. Someone recommended me a mod for satellites. But I actually found out that LU has one integrated. In the player console you can go to "Sector security complaints" and browse through the alerted sectors. Just pointing that out for any other noob like myself cuz I know I struggled.
There is an add-on version of SEWN that is LU compatible. See Satellite Monitoring by Joubarb.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=380168

worsin
x3ap

Post by worsin » Wed, 4. May 16, 08:34

Litcube wrote:
worsin wrote:
Litcube wrote:
worsin wrote:
Well, shit.

If you go back in your log, when the OCV stared taking over Pike Beta is when your "from" field started getting readtext errors in your notifications. So something is screwy. I can't reproduce it on my end. I wipe all the Mammoths, and they don't produce another one.

If you do a complete reinstall, I can fix the save game you sent me and send it to you. Or if you want an updated one fixed, send it to me. I will remove all the mammoths and send it back.
Oh that would be awesome, i haven't played since i sent that one so its the most recent game.

I will reinstall and try the one you send me.

Even though the OCV is probably way behind now ill continue with that one. This is my first time playing X3 so i guess giving me a head start is probably a good thing anyway lol.

Next game i think ill try 1.7 and Mayhem (that looks like a pretty cool mod).

When is 1.7 coming out anyway? (sorry if you get asked this a lot)

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Wed, 4. May 16, 08:41

1.7.0 coming soon ™
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 4. May 16, 10:51

When Darth Litcube allows it.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Wed, 4. May 16, 17:24

gLu3xb3rchi wrote:Is it possible to play LU with a German X3:AP installation?

If yes, how much voiced/written content am I missing then (which isn't translated to german or just won't play)?

If no, how can I make it work?

I have no problem with the english language, but X in everything except German just feels weird to me. And Betty sounds like shes going to murder me.
It is possible to play with a german installation, but then everything is still in english and you are missing all of Betty's spoken words. You will still have to start LU with the command line option for using the english language because otherwise you get lots and lots of ReadText errors ingame.

My suggestion: either download the english version of X3:AP from Steam and use this for LU, or use the german version and copy Betty's english voice file (00144.dat) to your install. I also did this.

Translating all of LU's game content to german and also get Betty to speak the correct german words for all ingame objects would be a gigantic task. Maybe I would help you, but you need more people for this first.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”