Stuck ship inside station - workaround found by changing pilot

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

disvet666
x4

Stuck ship inside station - workaround found by changing pilot

Post by disvet666 » Sat, 17. Oct 15, 05:26

I got a ship I built stuck within the station it was built from. I can com with it but can not give it commands to move. can someone tell me how to get it unstuck please. I tried to sell it but that wont work ether.
john w elliott

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sat, 17. Oct 15, 08:40

This can happen occasionally with small ships and the Skunk when thry are flying near stations too.

If you go OOZ, collisions are deactivated so you can order the ship to fly away after that.

-Skipp-
x4

Post by -Skipp- » Sat, 17. Oct 15, 11:35

Did you try telling it to jump to a system with a jump beacon?

Usually, ships start charging their jumpdrives immediately once you do so.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sat, 17. Oct 15, 11:46

If it is a L or XL ship, we cannot issue orders until the Captain has finished undocking. If it is still undocking, it can be given orders when it is finished after a minute or two.

disvet666
x4

whats ooz

Post by disvet666 » Wed, 21. Oct 15, 02:18

I did deactivate colissions and still can not give it commands to move or jump since it is a nudung, and I tried to sell it back and cant do that too.
john w elliott

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Wed, 21. Oct 15, 08:24

Yeah, that sounds odd.

What info is listed in the Catain's Details page? Specifically the 3 lines relating to orders. What colour is the Nudung and station? If ordered with mining drones, are they onboard?

Please list any mods/extensions you may be using (even if only used in the past and they are currently deactivated). Has any save editting occurred?

Can you upload a unmodified save somewhere for Devs to look at? If not, could you provide reproduction steps for Devs to try and duplicate the issue? E.g. which shipyard, what zone it is in, what zone you are in when the move order or sell attempt fail.

disvet666
x4

Post by disvet666 » Thu, 29. Oct 15, 11:49

the ship is stuck in Omicron Lyrae /Devoid cime / Eternal Dawn / Mass Shipyard 1
orders page shows options 1, 5 , 6
all other options are greyed out
ship details show all normal.
I went to ship dealer and I can not sell or modify.
I can sent the save game if I had a addy to send it too.
mining drones are on board.
and ship does not have jump drive, its a nudung.
the sell command was at the shipyard with the ship dealer.
the orders command button on the stuck ship is greyed out.
and I'm using the steam version of the game.
john w elliott

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Thu, 29. Oct 15, 12:23

If not tried already, you could try asking a new Pilot to work on the ship. There's a chance that could free up whatever is causing the block.

disvet666
x4

Post by disvet666 » Sun, 1. Nov 15, 16:22

that did it, the one thing I never thought of.
situation resolved, thank you all for all your ideas your all great.
john w elliott

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sun, 1. Nov 15, 16:50

Hurray :)

astreus
xr

Post by astreus » Thu, 5. Nov 15, 11:10

I just did a post at Rebrith Universe, 'Titurel be stuck in shipyard'. But it looks like its more a technical issue now........

I also tried to change the Captain by appointing a new one to the ship this exchange works but didn't change anything:

My Tirturel keep stucking at the Gemstone Manu. SY, the com menue of the Captain don't let me give any movement or useful orders, nor the dealer menu let me cancel the job. His action/command status is 'none'. And the SY needs no ressources (no lines under the headline)
I made a mistake after boarding a Titurel.
It took heavy damage and the turrets were also reduced. I ordered a new crew Captain, DefO + Engineer(!!) in board. I did not recognise that the Eng. would repair the turrets......so I called the XL ship dealer and ordered a ship upgrade to add the missing turrets. This was possible(!) and the ship moved to the SY and docked there. But as it moves very slow, the eng. managed to repairs all turrets in the meantime so the ship arrived with all turrets installed ok at the SY - where the order was to add more turrets! Since then it stucks there...............

If found some codeing at the ships first line:
changed status from 'dock' to connection="space" and at my npc captain there was a line, look like it sets the menue point inactive:
<blackboard>
<value name="$shiptrader_docking" type="componentslot" value="26"/>
</blackboard>
I deleted this.......(have another Titurel's code to compair...)
ALL this code editing/test just with a one-way backup/test copy file - In my regular game file I use no mods, no code edit before!!!
I even try to set the
owner="xenon" , hoping the ship start to move, then I could set it back....
but that all changes nothing.......the ship keeps sitting at the SY.....

As it is a long time now since I gave this momentous 'upgrade - add turrets' command - I have no previous save file anymore.......didn't expect this, thought it would just take some time....
Would appreciate some help - how to change the xml code, because I don't think it could be solved ingame.
After more than 10 days DID you have to be mad!

Berserker55
x4

Post by Berserker55 » Mon, 25. Apr 16, 02:56

Got the same issue.

Gave a captured Sanahar the order to upgrade to full armaments in OL Eternal Dawn. He docked, then changed to orders none and now is stuck in the dock. He is now successfully locking down any shipyard operation. For experimentation, ordered another captured Lyranea to also upgrade, it moved to the shipyard, then went to orders: none and then is just as stuck, cannot order anything else.

It does get fixed by swapping out the captain, but it's definitely a recurring bug.
Fernsehen ist eine Art geistige Neutronenbombe, es bläst das Hirn weg und lässt den Schädel stehen.

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”