What happened to Plasma Jets?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Wed, 30. Mar 16, 17:15

What I generally use is the targeting for close to reticle button. But it is still wonky, can target something waaaaay off tho it does usually work but it comes with range limit sadly. Another thing I use is target nearest enemy. Surface element scrolling I just use to find jumpdrive and any other annoying things if I can't remember where they are.

Anyhoo I'm writing off my plasma jets issues as just me getting worse at this with age. I stopped trying at this point... I'll miss being upclose and personal with big boys but oh well at least they are limited to OL mostly. Phoenixes have them but I'm reputation capped with everything in TO and since so many games later we still never get told who we are being sent off to kill there is little to do there. You'd think something like that would get mentioned when someone asks you to go and kill someone :lol:
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Wed, 30. Mar 16, 17:48

Tend to use surface element scrolling to find Plasma Jets if I'm using the Railgun to eliminate them from a safe distance. Often doing it from so far away they're not even rendered on the ship model with my graphics settings, so targeting them is kind of essential so I know where to shoot. Also handy to have the info on the radar screen so I've got feedback that I am indeed inflicting damage to them (to check I haven't inadvertently targeted one on the far side of the ship).

Luke0086

Post by Luke0086 » Thu, 31. Mar 16, 12:30

I do agree with the OP in general though. There seems to have been some sort of change to Plasma/Jets as I remember most of the time they would just about miss me, and now with a Taranis's double barrelled Plasma shots, sometimes it's instant death!!

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”