Why does ships have to back up?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Brenten007

Why does ships have to back up?

Post by Brenten007 » Sun, 27. Mar 16, 23:07

I have a bunch of ships that needs refueling and they all jammed up trying to get in an out of the refueling station. I want to provide a Screen shots but this form will not allow me to add my personal screen shot to this message. Its a standard jpg. Why can't the just enter from one end and out the other like any logical sense.

And you owe me 50 mill for the lost Tarnis...!!!!!!!!!
:evil:

But really, who is stupid enough to back out of a gas station when there is no way out and plenty of room in front of you to just move forward.

I love the game but this issue got to go. NEED AN ABSOLUTE FIX NOW. ITS HOLDING UP PRODUCTION.
[/img]

Goliathmk2
x4

Post by Goliathmk2 » Tue, 29. Mar 16, 09:10

Leave the zone.

Also both ends are used for refueling so flying through would crash into ships on the other side refueling.

Setting captains to auto refuel helps.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Tue, 29. Mar 16, 10:38

Question/feedback on the game moved from Tech Support to Universe forum - Sparky
Goliathmk2 wrote: Also both ends are used for refueling so flying through would crash into ships on the other side refueling.
Hmm, I've only ever seen one capital ship being refueled at a time and they always fly into the middle, leaving no room for a second ship.

Luke0086

Post by Luke0086 » Fri, 1. Apr 16, 00:31

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:Question/feedback on the game moved from Tech Support to Universe forum - Sparky
Goliathmk2 wrote: Also both ends are used for refueling so flying through would crash into ships on the other side refueling.
Hmm, I've only ever seen one capital ship being refueled at a time and they always fly into the middle, leaving no room for a second ship.

Same here. Would be nice for ships to exit in a forward and orderly manner...also in shipyards :-)

Lander1979
x4

Post by Lander1979 » Fri, 1. Apr 16, 00:53

Should be do-able but wouldn't be any faster than it is now. In fact with regard to Refuelling, it would half the number of ships able to refuel, as stated earlier, the ships refuel from both sides and this wouldn't be the case with a "fly through". Best thing to do is NOT WATCH, things go MUCH FASTER if you are Out Of Zone.

EDIT: I did say that ships didn't fly to the centre of the cell recharge fac, but I just witnessed one do it, so I was wrong on that count.
0101...0011...0011...0101...2!

Luke0086

Post by Luke0086 » Fri, 1. Apr 16, 10:17

Lander1979 wrote:Should be do-able but wouldn't be any faster than it is now. In fact with regard to Refuelling, it would half the number of ships able to refuel, as stated earlier, the ships refuel from both sides and this wouldn't be the case with a "fly through". Best thing to do is NOT WATCH, things go MUCH FASTER if you are Out Of Zone.

EDIT: I did say that ships didn't fly to the centre of the cell recharge fac, but I just witnessed one do it, so I was wrong on that count.
But if they fly to the middle, there can't be 2 sides to refuel from surely? since there is only one middle...

I've only ever seen ships enter the station from one side, also. And like I said - Shipyards :-) ships also reverse out of those, too. Although, I think these situations are the only times in the game you'll see a capship reverse, so maybe it's aesthetical design.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Fri, 1. Apr 16, 11:37

I've seen multiple ships refuelling simultaneously, but only once or twice - that's why it caught my eye. I wish I could remember more particulars (as in, both ends, or top and bottom, or what). I just remember it looking pretty neat, and thinking "yes, good!" (I'll be sure to take snaps, next time I come across this)
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Phipsz
x4

Post by Phipsz » Fri, 1. Apr 16, 11:49

Refuel Stations have 5 docking ports actually, one XL and 4 L, so I think all observations here are correct :) the L-docks are evenly distributed with 2 at each end. the XL-dock is placed in the middle though and it may be possible that all L-docks are blocked while the XL-ship is refueling (to enable to fly through, I guess). in Albion and DeVries, this should pose no problem, but OL as a result can only handle one tradeship at once, since they only have XL-types.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Fri, 1. Apr 16, 12:30

Phipsz wrote:Refuel Stations have 5 docking ports actually, one XL and 4 L, so I think all observations here are correct :) the L-docks are evenly distributed with 2 at each end. the XL-dock is placed in the middle though and it may be possible that all L-docks are blocked while the XL-ship is refueling (to enable to fly through, I guess). in Albion and DeVries, this should pose no problem, but OL as a result can only handle one tradeship at once, since they only have XL-types.
Ok, this tracks with my vague recollections, and explains "inconsistencies" (which actually aren't, right?) For instance, I could have sworn I'd seen two ships refilling one above the other (so, each close to one "arm" of the station), but was starting to think I'd confabulated the memory as a result of this discussion.

Thanks for the clarification :)
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Fri, 1. Apr 16, 12:35

Or were they delivering wares?!? Only kidding - thanks for the info, Phipsz!

Added replies to the two related wiki pages for future reference:
https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... +to+player

Phipsz
x4

Post by Phipsz » Fri, 1. Apr 16, 12:51

heh, no. I did not look ingame but at the game files :P (assets/structures/build_trees/struct_bt_alb_fuelstation)
but "delivering wares" is a good hint as a workaround for big cues: you can actually order your trade ships to buy fuelcells instead of order->refuel. pro is: the ship will use the actual trading ports of the cell recharge fac, con is: you can't automate that. so you could manually order your trade ships to buy fuelcells early on in the game and later on build your own fuel facs. they are like the cheapest station ingame if I remember correctly

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Fri, 1. Apr 16, 14:59

Yes, I've had ships buy fuel cells as a ware before, just to see whether it would work, and it did, but I wasn't watching, so I didn't realise that they docked at trade berths - makes sense, though. Other than cutting a queue (which has never been an issue for me), there is another small advantage: the purchase can be queued up in the trade computer, so it won't interrupt current orders - can tell the ship to buy something, sell it, refuel, then get on with another buy/sell or buy/buy/sell or whatever cycle.
-
-
-
The Write Stuff

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”