No Integrative URV Forge in Freeplay?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

sd_jasper
x4

No Integrative URV Forge in Freeplay?

Post by sd_jasper » Tue, 22. Mar 16, 03:57

Playing in freeplay and noticed no I. URV Forge option for the DeVries construction ship. What gives? Is this staiton only listed for the Campaign?

X-Series
x4

Post by X-Series » Tue, 22. Mar 16, 04:01

Get the construction vessel from PMC/HOA or Terracorp. The one in Devries is only limited to constructing a few station types.

sd_jasper
x4

Post by sd_jasper » Tue, 22. Mar 16, 14:41

OK, so I can build: URV BTO Line (A), URV Parts Supply (A), URV Integration (OL), or URV Mass Line (OL), but not the Integrative URV Forge?

This factory is only for the campaign?

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Tue, 22. Mar 16, 14:49

Yes, it's a unique station built from a unique CV.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Lander1979
x4

Post by Lander1979 » Tue, 22. Mar 16, 15:36

Build a URV Parts Supply station and a URV BTO Line station(or use the OL equivalents). Much better than the plot URV station IMO.
0101...0011...0011...0101...2!

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Tue, 22. Mar 16, 16:36

Unless you're in a campaign game in DV :)

eMYNOCK
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by eMYNOCK » Wed, 23. Mar 16, 17:21

Or you use one of my mods.. see my signature

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Wed, 23. Mar 16, 18:51

Lander1979 wrote:Build a URV Parts Supply station and a URV BTO Line station(or use the OL equivalents). Much better than the plot URV station IMO.
This

the only thing going for the plot station is that it's unique but it doesn't make it better. If you get a station it should be for efficiency in getting products to supply your empire or for max profit gain.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Wed, 23. Mar 16, 22:54

Requiemfang wrote:
Lander1979 wrote:Build a URV Parts Supply station and a URV BTO Line station(or use the OL equivalents). Much better than the plot URV station IMO.
This

the only thing going for the plot station is that it's unique but it doesn't make it better. If you get a station it should be for efficiency in getting products to supply your empire or for max profit gain.
I think that's an underestimation of what it offers.

It only makes drones 20% slower before bonuses than the other drone stations but in exchange, it is making them entirely from harvested minerals plus Food Rations and ECs. Something no other high-end ware (ship components and upgrades) producer can manage. Even the URV Parts Supply needs to buy RMP and many mid-tier wares.

The Intergrative URV Forge won't make as much profit per drone module per hour as counterparts on other stations but it make them independently, offering drones for use or sale while building a wider supply chain (but not requiring one). In addition, it's URV Wharfs are also ~10-times cheaper to build than those of other drone stations. So it is a very economical station to build, offering a higher rate of return on the investment.

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Wed, 23. Mar 16, 23:14

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:
Requiemfang wrote:
This

I think that's an underestimation of what it offers.

It only makes drones 20% slower before bonuses than the other drone stations but in exchange, it is making them entirely from harvested minerals plus Food Rations and ECs. Something no other high-end ware (ship components and upgrades) producer can manage. Even the URV Parts Supply needs to buy RMP and many mid-tier wares.

The Intergrative URV Forge won't make as much profit per drone module per hour as counterparts on other stations but it make them independently, offering drones for use or sale while building a wider supply chain (but not requiring one). In addition, it's URV Wharfs are also ~10-times cheaper to build than those of other drone stations. So it is a very economical station to build, offering a higher rate of return on the investment.
well I didn't say I was right or wrong :p and being proven wrong is never a bad thing :D

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Wed, 23. Mar 16, 23:56

Massive internet cudos to you :)

I'm sure it'll be my turn next time!

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Fri, 25. Mar 16, 05:10

As Sparky mentioned, this special station is in fact pretty damn good - forget for a moment questions of efficiency, I think more immediate is the fact that the plot's Integrative URV Forge gives EARLY ACCESS to top-tier manufacturing. Normally, making URVs requires FRs, RMPs, and all sort of other high-tech stuff that you must either buy or produce, which means either building up a complete tech-tree (if in a void/semi-void economy, such as DeVries), or relying heavily on local availability of mid- and high-tech goods if in an established economy such as Albion or OL. In either case, the URV production station itself is also very expensive (they are among the most expensive ones), so it's never a case of "just build a URV Parts Supply/Integration and/or Mass Line/BTO Line" - this is a non-trivial investment except in a game in a fairly advanced stage.

EDIT: Besides the fact that the plot start gives a defined powerful enemy faction (other than the default bad guys), a passable (if somewhat short) story, and progressive exploration, the Integrative URV Forge is one of my favourite things about the campaign game - no other way (except cheating, I suppose) to make one's own drones as early, and as directly (ie. straight from tier-0 mined resources.) Xenon tech FTW! ;)
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Lander1979
x4

Post by Lander1979 » Fri, 25. Mar 16, 05:20

:shock: SSSH! I was trying to make the OP feel better about not having one...
:lol:
0101...0011...0011...0101...2!

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Fri, 25. Mar 16, 06:03

Lander1979 wrote::shock: SSSH! I was trying to make the OP feel better about not having one...
:lol:
LOL!! My bad... :P
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”