[Tool] Save game Editor & CAT\DAT explorer\extracter v0.1.21 (2015-02-02)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

How would you like to get the application and updates:

(current) As a Click-Once application, the application is user bound and auto updates
36%
As a Click-Once application (with a selectable install dir), the application is user bound and auto updates (Under the hood the application would create a symlink from the Click-once install dir to the destination dir, not sure if this is possible)
8%
In a zip downloadable from the internet
40%
In a installer with a selectable install path
15%

Total votes: 99

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Tue, 25. Aug 15, 19:23

why are you not just using EGOs Cat tools and extracting everything in order into a seperate Folder for browsing the Files? imo the most convinient way if you need to reference the Game files

here a short (2 lines) batch file which does the trick for you - just put it next to EGOs Extraction tool in the "X Rebirth Tools" folder:

Code: Select all

mkdir "..\X Rebirth\XR_extracted"
XRcatTool.exe -in "..\X Rebirth\01.cat" "..\X Rebirth\02.cat" "..\X Rebirth\03.cat" "..\X Rebirth\04.cat" "..\X Rebirth\05.cat" "..\X Rebirth\06.cat" "..\X Rebirth\07.cat" "..\X Rebirth\08.cat" "..\X Rebirth\09.cat" -out "..\X Rebirth\XR_extracted"
after running it (takes about 15 minutes) you have all current Game Files in the sub-Folder XR_extracted next to the X Rebirth exe
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Grassturtle
x3

Post by Grassturtle » Fri, 18. Sep 15, 06:50

I downloaded the zip version of this editor ...

The only thing that seems to work is editing the skunk ... is this the only feature in this editor? are there plans for viewing and editing player properties (such as stations and other player owned ships)?
Station Comm : Would the pilot with the fleet of capitol ships, please take what they want.

Think outside the box .....

jwt22
x4

Post by jwt22 » Sat, 10. Oct 15, 04:55

i dont think this is being updated anymore
I never feared death or dying
I only fear never trying

Matticus88
x4

Post by Matticus88 » Tue, 1. Mar 16, 14:28

Can't load save file..

Code: Select all

Category: Error - Timestamp: 01/03/2016 13:30:26 
Exception: System.Exception: Unable to create SaveGameEditor for path C:\Users\matti\Documents\Egosoft\X Rebirth\27793963\save\save_001.xml.gz ---> System.Exception: Failed to load XMLDocument into memory. There probably is an issue with XMLs structure. ---> System.Xml.XmlException: '', hexadecimal value 0x1F, is an invalid character. Line 1, position 1.
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowInvalidChar(Char[] data, Int32 length, Int32 invCharPos)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseRootLevelWhitespace()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename)
   at X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor.SaveGameEditor.LoadNewSaveGame(String savePath)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor.SaveGameEditor.LoadNewSaveGame(String savePath)
   at X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor.SaveGameEditor..ctor(String savePath, CatDatExtractor cde)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor.SaveGameEditor..ctor(String savePath, CatDatExtractor cde)
   at X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor.FormXRebirthSaveGameEditor.ofd_FileOk(Object sender, CancelEventArgs e)
StackTrace:    at X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor.SaveGameEditor..ctor(String savePath, CatDatExtractor cde)
   at X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor.FormXRebirthSaveGameEditor.ofd_FileOk(Object sender, CancelEventArgs e)

Dripc
xr

Post by Dripc » Tue, 1. Mar 16, 14:36

As i told u in other post. First extract xml file(save) from your save_001.xml.gz And then open it with saveditor :)

kelmenwong
x3tc

Post by kelmenwong » Sat, 5. Mar 16, 11:12

this tool doesn't work with savegame in gz format

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Sat, 5. Mar 16, 13:22

kelmenwong wrote:this tool doesn't work with savegame in gz format
The tool has not been updated for a long time. GZ - archive it. Unpack the archive and you will be happy. :P

RaifalM3n
x4

Post by RaifalM3n » Thu, 10. Mar 16, 11:30

so how exactly does the new savegames work?! after saving the new one i pack it to rar and it doesn t work ingame... what em i missing?!
BMW Fanatic with Terran atitude.

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Thu, 10. Mar 16, 12:00

RaifalM3n wrote:so how exactly does the new savegames work?! after saving the new one i pack it to rar and it doesn t work ingame... what em i missing?!
You can turn off compression in your game settings :)

Game engine will only load .xml or .gz
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Thu, 10. Mar 16, 12:05

as far i know the engine prefer .gz, but will load .xml about downward compatibility
so there is no need of compress the savegame after editing, or disable compressing

nemesis1982
x4

Post by nemesis1982 » Mon, 14. Mar 16, 08:50

Hey guys,

have little time to continue development. If there are people who'd like to contribute we could get this up and running again. However I do not have time to code and debug myself. I can however assist.

Please PM me if interested and I will get back to you within a week or so.
Save game editor XR and CAT/DAT Extractor
Keep in mind that it's still a work in progress although it's taking shape nicely.

If anyone is interested in a new save game editor for X4 and would like to contribute to the creation of one let me know. I do not have sufficient time to create it alone, but if there are enough people who want it and want to contribute we might be able to set something up.

antoniut
xr

Post by antoniut » Wed, 23. Mar 16, 17:47

Request:

Could someone please make an editor that allows a non-scripting artist to modify NPC skins? I'd like to change various NPC characters skins to something more interesting, but I have no clue about modding
This was in the Script & Mod Requests Postit, if it would be possible to make, it would help to attract more modders to rebirth and will enrich graphical options.

Just a suggestion, thanks

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Wed, 23. Mar 16, 18:40

the related textures are in assets/characters and sub-folders. its all gzip-compressed dds files, so re-texturing should be simple. no scripting needed at all. just create a subst_01.cat/dat in the mod directory where you put the modified textures to replace existent files rather then include them as mod files. (or alternatively use the subst_01.cat/dat / plain files and change the path in the libraries/material_library.xml to point to the new path)

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

antoniut
xr

Post by antoniut » Wed, 23. Mar 16, 21:27

UniTrader wrote:the related textures are in assets/characters and sub-folders. its all gzip-compressed dds files, so re-texturing should be simple. no scripting needed at all. just create a subst_01.cat/dat in the mod directory where you put the modified textures to replace existent files rather then include them as mod files. (or alternatively use the subst_01.cat/dat / plain files and change the path in the libraries/material_library.xml to point to the new path)

@Unitrader: I'll send your response PMed to the guy that wrote that request,ok?

nemesis1982
x4

Post by nemesis1982 » Thu, 24. Mar 16, 08:46

@antoniut: That would defenitly be possible. However as stated above I do not have the time to implement it.

I can however assist in development. The project needs contributors without it development will go at a snails pace.
Keep in mind that it's still a work in progress although it's taking shape nicely.

If anyone is interested in a new save game editor for X4 and would like to contribute to the creation of one let me know. I do not have sufficient time to create it alone, but if there are enough people who want it and want to contribute we might be able to set something up.

antoniut
xr

Post by antoniut » Thu, 24. Mar 16, 14:55

nemesis1982 wrote:@antoniut: That would defenitly be possible. However as stated above I do not have the time to implement it.

I can however assist in development. The project needs contributors without it development will go at a snails pace.
Sadly for me (cause I would like to) my skills on programming are very low (near zero)
When I see tools like ME3Explorer (some sort of "creation kit") made by community players of Mass effect 3 I think: "damn it, why, X Rebirth community, we don't have tools like this?"

:(

EDIT: It would be possible to "contract" somebody to make it? Who knows...
Last edited by antoniut on Thu, 24. Mar 16, 15:14, edited 1 time in total.

nemesis1982
x4

Post by nemesis1982 » Thu, 24. Mar 16, 15:12

@antoniut: Mass effect is far more main stream and has way more users.

I regretably do not have the financial resources to "contract" someone. If you know anyone who'd invest in that let me know I can always make time if the rewards are high enough ;P

antoniut
xr

Post by antoniut » Thu, 24. Mar 16, 15:42

nemesis1982 wrote:@antoniut: Mass effect is far more main stream and has way more users.
I know, i know :) But I've read many times in modders forums (skyrim and others ) that there are a lot of modders-players that buy games, JUST FOR MOD IT! :o There are some who do not even play! :D

More copies sold means more resources to invest in make game better. All helps.

For some strange reason, I would like that X Rebirth and Egosoft, fly high and far...

And people and myself what we get? Hapiness :) (Very needed, in this times)

I regretably do not have the financial resources to "contract" someone.

Or maybe some sort of community donate-contribution to develop it
If you know anyone who'd invest in that let me know I can always make time if the rewards are high enough ;P
How much is it? :P

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Thu, 24. Mar 16, 16:04

antoniut wrote: I know, i know :) But I've read many times in modders forums (skyrim and others ) that there are a lot of modders-players that buy games, JUST FOR MOD IT! :o There are some who do not even play! :D
I definietly fall into that category.. :D seriously played for about 2 hours maximum, then i had the first modding ideas :D

antoniut
xr

Post by antoniut » Thu, 24. Mar 16, 21:11

UniTrader wrote:
antoniut wrote: I know, i know :) But I've read many times in modders forums (skyrim and others ) that there are a lot of modders-players that buy games, JUST FOR MOD IT! :o There are some who do not even play! :D
I definietly fall into that category.. :D seriously played for about 2 hours maximum, then i had the first modding ideas :D
:thumb_up: :thumb_up: :thumb_up:

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”