Self-repairing small ships?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Lord Crc
x4

Self-repairing small ships?

Post by Lord Crc » Mon, 21. Mar 16, 21:50

So I have a couple of small freighters which got pretty banged up when they tried to fly into Xenon space for no good reason.

Both had 4% hull left when I managed to get them safely home.

Since I was busy expanding my stations and managing my large freighters for that, I just left them sitting my zone (built in empty space), next to one of my stations.

Both were not assigned to any superior, nor in my squad, neither had any active command and both obviously just have a pilot (being small and all).

After about 5-6 hours of game-time I came back to my zone and find that they both have 100% hull...

What gives? Does the game just reset the hull at some point? Did my station or CV decide to help out and repair them?

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Tue, 22. Mar 16, 02:11

I've never noticed S/M ship be auto-repaired before but I'd like it of it does happen. Purely vanilla game?
Last edited by Sparky Sparkycorp on Tue, 22. Mar 16, 10:04, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Crc
x4

Post by Lord Crc » Tue, 22. Mar 16, 03:14

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:I've never noticed S/M ship becauto-repaired beforE but I'd like it of it does happen. Purely vanilla game?
I'll try to get one banged up again and see if it happens again. And no, not vanilla, but not any mod I expected to do this...

CommanderTM
xr

Post by CommanderTM » Tue, 22. Mar 16, 09:10

There is Fly-by Repair mod that does this if anyone is interested. But, i have not noticed this in vanilla... maybe some hidden game mechanic we dont know about.

strude
x4

Post by strude » Tue, 22. Mar 16, 11:04

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:I've never noticed S/M ship be auto-repaired before but I'd like it of it does happen. Purely vanilla game?
It would be a great feature. Leave a ship within construction URV range of a station with an engineer and they will repair your ships.

@Lord Crc
Thinking of that, you're not using that mod that allow engineers to repair stations are you. Maybe that is something that they do in that mod? Maybe stole my idea months before I even had it :D
Gaming PC: Gigabyte H270M-D3H | i7 7700 | 16Gb DDR4 | Gigabyte GTX1060 6Gb OC | Asus Xonar DGX | Window 10 Home 64bit | Samsung 256Gb SSD

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Tue, 22. Mar 16, 21:02

strude wrote:Leave a ship within construction URV range of a station with an engineer and they will repair your ships.
MICT_supp8 (I think) theoretically does that, although the engineer on the CV (or any other friendly non-combat ships with engineers that happen by) does the repairs. Never managed to test with small ships and a CV though.

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Tue, 22. Mar 16, 21:07

It would be nice if they fix then self somehow.... This is reason why I don't use them on first place :(
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

Lord Crc
x4

Post by Lord Crc » Tue, 22. Mar 16, 22:15

strude wrote:Thinking of that, you're not using that mod that allow engineers to repair stations are you. Maybe that is something that they do in that mod? Maybe stole my idea months before I even had it :D
Nice idea, but no I don't use that mod.

Here's my full list:

Code: Select all

TAF!
Trade Menu Cargo Hold Filter
Yet Another Trader v2.03c (XR 4.00)
Galaxy Station Range v1.4 (for XR v4.00+)
AutoTrain
NPCs on your stations!
Sensible Miners
Build Titurel
Scaldis Cargo Fix
Titurel Engine Fix
Miscellaneous Combat Tweaks
Repair Docks For Capital Ship Bridge Mod
Capital Ship Bridge
The ships were parked close to my friendly station and CV, so maybe indeed it was the engineer on the CV which did it... if so it would be pretty nice :)

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Wed, 23. Mar 16, 04:09

Interesting...

I just acquired a Xenon S in Toride that took some damage as I tried to get it back to my station in DeVries. Interestingly enough it also self-repaired after I assigned it to the station (I do have the fly-by repair mod, but I was not in the zone).

RodentofDoom
x4

Post by RodentofDoom » Wed, 23. Mar 16, 16:07

Lord Crc wrote:
The ships were parked close to my friendly station and CV, so maybe indeed it was the engineer on the CV which did it... if so it would be pretty nice :)
The pre 4.0 YAT mod would have engineers supporting each other if within radar range.

Haven't seen the same behaviour yet in the updated version (amongst other minor changes in behaviour they now have).

swatti
x4

Post by swatti » Sun, 27. Mar 16, 18:21

VERY slow auto-repair out-of-combat should be standard imo.

Any mod-guru wanna have a go at it? From 1% to 100% in an hour or so...

strude
x4

Post by strude » Mon, 28. Mar 16, 03:19

swatti wrote:VERY slow auto-repair out-of-combat should be standard imo.
I wouldn't say "standard". It seems unlikely that a pilot (being the only person on the craff) would have all the skills required to make anything more than rudimentary repairs to a fighter craft. Even less likely that a fighter craft would carry any tools or resources required for such repairs.
Gaming PC: Gigabyte H270M-D3H | i7 7700 | 16Gb DDR4 | Gigabyte GTX1060 6Gb OC | Asus Xonar DGX | Window 10 Home 64bit | Samsung 256Gb SSD

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Mon, 28. Mar 16, 05:30

What I would like to see is for station-managed S/M craft to be maintained by station management. A checkbox in supply options could enable/disable the manager automatically sending a damaged freighter or fighter to nearest shipyard for repairs, with cost being spent from manager's budget. Although this would work better for stations in sectors with shipyards, I think that asymmetry would actually be a good thing - a factor when deciding when to build a station, and when choosing whether to use S/M vessels to service it.

On a related note: I'd like to see S/M shipyards being able to accept batches of repair jobs, ie. for a player to be able to send several ships in for repairs at once, instead of one by one (made worse by the fact that one has to wait for one to be ready before ordering the next! WTF) - granted, the percentage slider would have to be omitted in these cases, basically with just the option to repair all to full, but then again, does anyone really carry out partial repairs on fighters/small freighters?
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Assailer
x4

Post by Assailer » Mon, 28. Mar 16, 07:51

As a small ship pilot i would like to dock my ship to a friendly capital to get some repairs.

To simulate this, I have now extended Fly-by Repair mod (thanks DaveDee for the idea) with similar feature where the capital will slowly heal its subordinate ships as long as they are out of combat (full shields) and within 1km range.

Lord Crc
x4

Post by Lord Crc » Sun, 24. Apr 16, 15:45

RAVEN.myst wrote:What I would like to see is for station-managed S/M craft to be maintained by station management.
I just claimed a fighter which had about 50% hull left. After sending my pilot over, I assigned it to the Defence Officer on one of my stations. About 10-15 minutes later I looked at its properties and the fighter had 100% hull.

So indeed it seems that stations will maintain ships assigned to it. Which is nice.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”