[X3LU] Anarkis Defense System - Joubarbian Edition (1.05)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Joubarbe
xr

[X3LU] Anarkis Defense System - Joubarbian Edition (1.05)

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 19. Mar 16, 17:16

ADS - Joubarbian Edition

Version 1.05 (Litcube's Universe only - from ADS 2.65.1)
24/02/2018

Download from Mediafire

Download from Google Drive

This is a heavily modified version of ADS - LU Edition by solarahawk, which comes from the original ADS, designed by Serial Kicked (from Anarkis Gaming).

ADS homepage

[ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ]
[ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ]

Joubarbian Edition Features :
  • Complex all-in-one menu.
  • Export/Import compatibility.
  • All direct commands have been removed, except for Dock all and Clear sector, which you can only find in the menu. Other commands were either redundant, buggy, or inconsistent with LU.
  • ECS has been disabled. It would require a LU conversion and is not that useful in ADS, to say the least.
  • All NPC related stuff have been completely ignored and unchanged.
  • I don't recommend using ADS features on wings or fleets.
  • Every MLCC ships running Automated carrier will automatically deactivate the Automated command.
  • Every MLCC ships included in the Defense grid will not be called when a sector is being attacked.
  • Remove all the ugly colors everywhere.
  • Repair bays act like shipyards, but repair costs are doubled.
  • Added an option to set the warning messages delay.
  • Warning type are now either Audio, Audio + Infobox or Infobox (and they all work!).
  • Stations cannot be automated anymore. It was very buggy and quite useless. Use the defense grid or the MLCC to defend your sector, or manual commands.
  • Threat and Strength values are customizable. "Strength" is the term I use to refer to player's threat levels.
  • Added an "Auto attack when threatened" setting for all carriers. The ship will attack the strongest ship if any, or the nearest one.
  • Valid ship classes for the Defense Grid are : M1, M2, M6, M7, M8, TL and TM. MLCC ships are ignored, as well as ships that don't have a jumpdrive.
  • Ships called by the Defense Grid will jump with standard LU scripts (jump beacons better compatibility).
  • Defense Grid will not monitor sectors in which you have no advanced satellites.
  • Added a setting to adjust the delay between two Defense Grid warning messages.
  • Added a combat ratio for the Defense Grid. It's based on threat/strength values.
  • Added a "Strength check before sending ships" setting. If this is enabled, Defense Grid will not send any ships unless their total strength is greater than or equal to the specified combat ratio.
  • The Automated Carrier command will be deactivated if it's applied on the player ship.
  • The Defense Grid "Maximum jump distance" setting has been replaced with a sector monitoring feature. Each sector can be monitored or not, depending on your needs.
  • Instead of magically spawn Energy Cells in the cargo bay of ships that the Defense Grid calls, there is now an Energy Pool feature. It can be either a ship or a station, and all ships called by the Defense Grid will take the needed fuel from here. It's still a little bit cheaty, but remember that 1/ only the Defense Grid will make use of the Energy Pool 2/ it costs 20 million to buy the Defense Grid.
  • Ships in wings or fleets will jump independently from their group if they are called by the Defense Grid.
  • Ships that were docked before being called by the Defense Grid will return to dock after the mission.
  • In a Defense Grid mission, all ships stay a bit longer after killing everyone to make sure no enemies counter attack. Now, only carriers will do that ; other ships, like M6s, will return to their original sector a lot faster.
  • Docked ships are now taken into account in the calculation of Threat/Strength. Also, default values have been revised to better fit with LU ships.
  • The auto-renaming system has been revised.
  • Shields are no more magically repaired when docked.
  • The Defense Grid will not call ships with shields lower than their emergency jump threshold.
  • BUG FIXED: Supply carrier to ship : the carrier could lose more than it gave.
  • BUG FIXED: Defense Grid members that currently are in a sector monitored by the Defense Grid will be properly used instead of being ignored.
  • BUG FIXED: Defense Grid will always have a valid target.
  • BUG FIXED: Defense Grid will not send more ships if the current deployed ships in the targeted sector are strong enough to handle the enemies.

Install instructions

If you have any other version of ADS ----> uninstall it! Completely. And to do that, do it properly : use the uninstall button, and the .bat file to delete all files.

Then copy the archive into your X3 directory.

ADS don't overwrite any files from LU or X3 Vanilla. The .bat script has been updated to remove the Joubarbian Edition new files.

Files modified :

- setup.anarkis.acc
- anarkis.acc.task.autocarrier
- anarkis.ads.lib.get.gridships
- anarkis.ads.task.maingrid
- anarkis.ads.lib.get.shipthreat
- anarkis.acc.uninstall
- anarkis.ads.cmd.protectgrid
- anarkis.lib.cmd.killandland.timeout
- anarkis.acc.lib.isadsactive
- anarkis.ads.toggle.task
- anarkis.acc.task.autoname.plus
- anarkis.acc.get.acc.carriers
- anarkis.acc.setup.reports
- anarkis.acc.uninstall
- anarkis.acc.upgrade.disable
- anarkis.acc.repairshields
- anarkis.acc.repairshields.single

- 8510-L044

Files created :

- Menu.AnarkisADS
- Menu.AnarkisADS.SM
- Z.EmpireCopy.AnarkisADS.Export
- Z.EmpireCopy.AnarkisADS.Import
- setup.EI.AnarkisADS

Files deleted :

- None
Last edited by Joubarbe on Tue, 14. Jan 20, 19:23, edited 10 times in total.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sat, 19. Mar 16, 19:50

You're a machine.

solarahawk
x4

Post by solarahawk » Sat, 19. Mar 16, 19:55

Impressive. I won't be able to play with it for a while for myself, but this looks like this might be the definitive version of ADS for LU. When you had messaged me about your ideas, I figured I would integrate your updated master menu and E/I code back into my base version, but given your functionality streamlining, I probably won't bother, at least for now.

I'll add this to the Index.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 19. Mar 16, 20:27

Litcube wrote:You're a machine.
[ external image ]

OneOfMany
x4

Post by OneOfMany » Sun, 20. Mar 16, 17:04

So I have my first carrier set up, a Teladi Tern with an assorted rag tag fleet of 25 ships.

ADS setup was very easy but..... Do I have to go through every docked ship and set it's hide from property menu to yes?

Is there a faster way that hides all docked ships at once, that I've missed?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 20. Mar 16, 18:37

You're right, with the arrow keys, I can do that in less than 10 seconds. Way too long. Our time is precious.

(wrong thread, by the way)

OneOfMany
x4

Post by OneOfMany » Sun, 20. Mar 16, 19:11

Wrong thread?

Do you have another thread I can post comments about your Mod on? As I've only just started testing it I've not had a chance to fully flex my own chuckle muscles. I hope you have thick skin :lol:

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 20. Mar 16, 19:13

You're talking about hiding some ships from the property menu. ADS does not do that ; one of the mod in the Joubarbian Toolkit does.

OneOfMany
x4

Post by OneOfMany » Sun, 20. Mar 16, 19:19

First engagement carrier lost 2 ships. Message log just reports message from unknown and the subtitle that appears also has incorrect information.

OneOfMany
x4

Post by OneOfMany » Mon, 21. Mar 16, 22:11

Hey Joubarbe,

My Tern has been practicing in black hole sun.

I ordered it to protect the sector and it went about it's business until a lone m4 came through the north gate and it gave chase. As the treat level was 15 on the ship no fighters were launched.

The m4 managed to get clear of the OWP with only minor damage and then headed to the west gate, my tern was still in pursuit, albeit a long way behind.

Eventually the m4 ran out of luck and my Tern continued its patrol. This brought it to within scanner range of the north gate again just as half a dozen assorted m3's and m4's came through.

I was pleased to see it using at least one of its turrets as it launched its fighter wings. They sped off and quickly mopped up the bad guys. As they were returning another small squad came through the gate and the ships destroyed these also.

It was then I noticed that the Tern had its command set to none. I waited for all the ships to return and once they all docked I expected the ship to continue on its way. After 5 mins in Seta it had not changed and is still set to command none.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 22. Mar 16, 10:01

You probably checked "Auto-attack when threatened" on your carrier. When the target is killed, he won't resume his previous command. I should have done something to avoid that ; maybe I will later.

OneOfMany
x4

Post by OneOfMany » Tue, 22. Mar 16, 15:36

Thanks Joubarbe, I'll check that out shortly.

OneOfMany
x4

Post by OneOfMany » Tue, 22. Mar 16, 20:24

OneOfMany wrote:So I have my first carrier set up, a Teladi Tern with an assorted rag tag fleet of 25 ships.

ADS setup was very easy but..... Do I have to go through every docked ship and set it's hide from property menu to yes?

Is there a faster way that hides all docked ships at once, that I've missed?
I have found the option I'm looking for. Select any carrier, select landed ships option, select Command Console : Landed ships.

In the configuration options set hide from property menu to yes.

That's 4 clicks, about 3 seconds work. Time is precious.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 25. Mar 16, 13:03

1.01 Released.
  • NEW : When an Automated carrier has Auto attack when threatened on, he will return to its initial mission after the target is killed.
  • CHANGE : Sectors with no advanced satellites will still be visible in the Defense Grid menu, but the selection will show "Ad. Sat. Required".
  • CHANGE : If you have Mayhem installed, your sectors will show in the Defense Grid menu, even if you didn't build any station there.
  • CHANGE : Switched Members/Strength columns in the Defense Grid menu.
  • CHANGE : Ships called by the Defense Grid will return to their original task without waiting in the sector.
  • FIX : The Automated carrier Battle mode was not reset when disabled. That could lead to unresponsive Defense Grid members.
  • FIX : When the Automated mode and Auto attack when threatened were on, a carrier called by the Defense Grid would not go back to its initial mission.
Instructions : overwrite existing files and disable/reenable Automated mode on your carriers. Do the same for the Defense Grid, if it was enabled.

mcal9909
x3tc

Post by mcal9909 » Mon, 28. Mar 16, 06:46

What are the chances of you collaborating with Litcube and getting some of the MLCC functionality tied in with this? Being able to combine the two would be awesome. I imagine it being something like CODEA + Equipment Manager + Security and Emergency Services by Lucike all combined into one. Along with Mayhem you got one hell of a package there.

I know im dreaming but that would be great :)

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 28. Mar 16, 08:59

The only thing MLCC and ADS have in common is the security concept (security ships in MLCC and the Defense Grid in ADS). There's a good reason why MLCC ships are not taken into account by ADS ; it does't make sense to use the features of both systems on one ship. I don't see well how you could combine them, but I'm no MLCC expert.

mcal9909
x3tc

Post by mcal9909 » Mon, 28. Mar 16, 12:20

I do see the point in keeping them seperate as MLCC is suppose to be a personal rapid response, but MLCC's extensive rules of engagement for all the ship types has some amazing possibility's. Anti Fighter Frigates, Anti Capital Frigates, Anti Capital Carriers and Anti fighter Carriers for example. The Missile use rules, and ability for a carrier to retreat and restock fighters once a certain loss threshold has been reached.

Adding something to Defence Grid so you can automatically respond to security complaints from explorers and traders using the threat/strength rules that ADS already has would be an awesome feature.

I know what ya gonna say, i should learn x3 scripting and do it myself but Im getting old and my brain hasn't been used for such things since my d2 bot scripting days. (even though im considering it)

I love automating things even if its done in a balanced way by costing alot of time and credits to setup), less micro management in x3 is only a good thing right?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 28. Mar 16, 14:24

I know what ya gonna say, i should learn x3 scripting and do it myself
No, I generally say that to people who are used to ask for stupid things and make 20 requests per day (or ask 20 questions that are answered in the wiki).

That would be a good idea to find a certain "balance" between MLCC and ADS...

ROE could be implemented, for each Defense Grid member ; then it would react only when the targeted class is encountered.

Auto-restock could also be implemented, especially with the Energy Pool feature.

... but that's too much work :) And I don't really want to add stuff that MLCC already manage. For me, ADS and MLCC are complementary.

hanuland
x4

Post by hanuland » Fri, 1. Apr 16, 19:47

Stations cannot be automated anymore. It was very buggy and quite useless. Use the defense grid or the MLCC to defend your sector, or manual commands.
I don't think so.

That feature is very useful for me.

You removed important thing.

Stations is strong, Carrier is very weak.

Especially, in Mayhem, this feature is more need for defensing sectors.

If you want why, I can show why need this feature.

You removed half of ADS!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”