[MOD] Galaxy Station Range v1.4 (update 27th Feb '16)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Fri, 26. Feb 16, 23:12

totally my bad. things aren't quite right with the mod since rc2 of the newest version and I haven't nailed quite why its broken in the new lua. Something small I'm missing.

I only intended to hide the old GSR as it breaks the new manager options, and would still be available for current users that way. Derp!
X Rebirth - A Sirius Cybernetics Corporation Product

Split irritate visiting pilot with strange vocal patterns.

DrwHem
x4

Post by DrwHem » Fri, 26. Feb 16, 23:16

ok. do you have a steam workshop page or some way i can follow you so i can re-enable this when you fix it?
i was noticing my goods starting to pile up and thought it was the base game.

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Fri, 26. Feb 16, 23:19

danceswithglowstix is my workshop name. http://steamcommunity.com/id/danceswith ... appid=2870 might work

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Fri, 26. Feb 16, 23:22

YorrickVander wrote:Really sorry again - interim removal fix until I get it working again. I was removing old mods that wont be updated and this one was delted by mistake.

Turn steam updates off in game, delete gsr, install this in its place. Load game, deactivate GSR, save again. Remove this patch as new version will have a new ws_ number when uploaded.
start Steam into offline mode works also to prevent for workshop updates

why not an MD/ with an simple rangeupdate

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
<mdscript name="Galaxy_range_remove" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="md.xsd">
	<cues>
		<cue name="Galaxy_range_patch">
			<conditions>
				<check_any>
					<event_cue_signalled cue="md.Setup.GameStart"/>
					<event_game_loaded />
				</check_any>
			</conditions>
			<delay min="700ms" />
			<actions>
				<find_station name="$PlayerStations" owner="faction.player" space="player.galaxy" multiple="true" />

<do_all exact="$PlayerStations.count" counter="$i" >
					<do_if value="$PlayerStations.{$i}.tradenpc.$config_subordinate_range? and not $PlayerStations.{$i}.tradenpc.$config_subordinate_range.isclass.[class.zone, class.sector, class.cluster]">
						<set_value name="$PlayerStations.{$i}.tradenpc.$config_subordinate_range" exact="$PlayerStations.{$i}.cluster"/>
					</do_if>
				</do_all>

<remove_value name="$PlayerStations"/>
		  </actions>
		</cue>
	</cues>
</mdscript>
and a content with save=false

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
<content id="ws_285697432" name="Galaxy Station Range v1.3.5 (for XR v4.00+)" description="v1.3.7" author="Yorrick Vander" version="137" date="2015-03-06" save="false" lastupdate="1425635204" />
to disable savegame brand
Last edited by Marvin Martian on Fri, 26. Feb 16, 23:23, edited 1 time in total.

DrwHem
x4

Post by DrwHem » Fri, 26. Feb 16, 23:22

ok so i deleted the existing mod. turned off steam update. then used your fix for removal version. opened a save game and turned off the extension and re-saved.
it wouldnt let me open that save game so i edited it to let me open and im still having the same problem with not being able to give any orders to my station managers.
did i do something wrong? im guessing the game is pissed off because the managers are set to a range that dosnt exist.

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Sat, 27. Feb 16, 00:05

try the second link instead. full mod so you can install, enable, remove as described before. when you enable it, set you managers to non galaxy range before saving and removing.

ceeldee
xr

Post by ceeldee » Sat, 27. Feb 16, 01:43

Thanks for the fix Y. All seems OK , all good. Look forward to update.

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Sat, 27. Feb 16, 02:10

Good to hear! Was feeling terrible about messing up peoples saves!

Fatbaticus

Post by Fatbaticus » Sat, 27. Feb 16, 07:13

For a temporary fix for the disappearing HUD when dealing with managers, simply replace him/her with another one and you'll be able to access the info tab on them again.

reanor
x4

Post by reanor » Sat, 27. Feb 16, 07:47

Yorrick, please put the mod back on Steam, my game is no longer loading...
“The dark and the light, they exist side by side." ... “It is often in the darkest skies that we see the brightest stars."

Reaperxvii
x3ap

Post by Reaperxvii » Sat, 27. Feb 16, 07:55

reanor wrote:Yorrick, please put the mod back on Steam, my game is no longer loading...
Open up your save with notepad++ and delete his mod under the list of mods required
"We are the middle children of History. Born too late to explore the earth, born to early to explore the stars."

"Time is the fire in which we burn"

Reaper's Mod Index

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Sat, 27. Feb 16, 11:29

YorrickVander wrote:...
EDIT : reading the posts in the last few mins, here is link again to 1.3.6 to turn off the range altogether

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yu1u9twrr3jjc ... e.zip?dl=0
this link to replace mod and get things up again. best to use it as a removal tool as it breaks new manager functions.

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Sat, 27. Feb 16, 12:59

1.4 now on steam or from https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ll867zqa609u ... 4.zip?dl=0

Due to the foul up on my part that has caused issues, the steam id for new upload is no longer the same. The steps to remove the old steam version are simplified to removing the reference from the save file and subscribing to new version. Your game will load and work correctly.
UniTrader wrote:**** merged Topics ****

the mentoined method here should work:
Dripc wrote:Go to your savegame folder unpack save...Open with wordpad ctrl+f find galaxy range and delete that lane....save...launch game ;)
<patch extension="ws_285697432" version="135" name="Galaxy Station Range"/>
just take care to not remove more or less than told - this breaks the xml syntax.

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Sat, 27. Feb 16, 13:06

If you are having difficulties fixing a save, please pm me a link to download it and I will remove the entry for you.

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Sat, 27. Feb 16, 13:22

YorrickVander wrote:If you are having difficulties fixing a save, please pm me a link to download it and I will remove the entry for you.
You must really be feeling bad, man. That's unusually nice of you.

If the requests turn into a flood, send me a ping to help out with save edits. Have some time to spare this weekend.

ceeldee
xr

Post by ceeldee » Sat, 27. Feb 16, 15:02

I switched to the workaround 1.3.6 and all seems to load and work OK.
Range is set to galaxy in the game..

Now , are you saying I should proceed to 1.4 by 1: editing save game as per deleting the line illustrated in the post, then delete 1.3.6 from extensions file and past new 1.4 into extensions file, launch game . I am probably thick but want to be sure I am doing it right.

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Sat, 27. Feb 16, 15:14

thats the way

reanor
x4

Post by reanor » Sat, 27. Feb 16, 18:17

Thank you for fixing it, after doing the steps everything appears to be working again.
“The dark and the light, they exist side by side." ... “It is often in the darkest skies that we see the brightest stars."

ceeldee
xr

Post by ceeldee » Sun, 28. Feb 16, 01:22

Well, that worked !! A tip for others, turning off game save compression
will make the Save edit a bit simpler. I just turned it off ,saved the game so
I had an uncompressed Save and voila. Thanks Y.

strude
x4

Post by strude » Mon, 29. Feb 16, 10:47

Good work getting everyone back up. I don't actually use this mod, but this is the very thing that held me back from releasing any mods I had forged.

I've only release two, and got a report that one of them wasn't working in one of the beta release. Turned me ghostly white with terror when I thought of the problems that might come about getting it fixed, and the possibility of breaking peoples saves.

So well done on getting it fixed in a timely manner and helping people out who couldn't get through all the steps themselves.
Gaming PC: Gigabyte H270M-D3H | i7 7700 | 16Gb DDR4 | Gigabyte GTX1060 6Gb OC | Asus Xonar DGX | Window 10 Home 64bit | Samsung 256Gb SSD

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”