NEWS: Announcing X Rebirth 4.0 and the Home of Light DLC!

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

yimmasabi
x4

Post by yimmasabi » Sat, 27. Feb 16, 12:52

Rei Ayanami wrote: They already said in the very beginning that it was a deliberate decision that in X:R you can only pilot one ship, just like in the first game, X-BTF. Piloting other ships will be a feature of the next game.
I don't mean a lot of ships but at least 3-4 types can be done plus this actual ship can be larger easily by re-sizing rooms . Look what happens when u buy NPCs !

Rei Ayanami wrote: There certainly is room for a lot of improvements in many aspects of the game, but i would not call it rubbish.
You should be reading all critics, scores and support of xuniverse community. Where are they now then ? :D

Rei Ayanami wrote:And before you praise Star Citizen so much and compare it to X:Rebirth maybe you should wait until Star Citizen is actually released. Just because it looks like a good game now it does not mean that it will be great on release. We all know how games can look incredible in previews and trailers but then on release turn out to be unfinished and buggy release versions. :roll:
Yeah on the SC side I agree with you. I am not sure about game mechanics at the end but the focus is not SC , I was talking about what the community of space games wants. After X3 they were the lead of space games and still X2,X3 series are good as a single player game. Now they are just trying to catch the tail.
Rei Ayanami wrote:If their objective is making money, please explain the two years of free updates they put in so far into this game. Companies who only want money would not waste time improving the game with tons of free updates.
Because Xr was not ready in real and when it is released it was very bad, something like alpha. Plus they didnt give buyers money back on steam. So this was what they should. Also they continue to sell patches by adding Teladi DLCs etc.

As a ex-lover of X3 I just want to say they are in a wrong way. They dont listen community, I remember when first topic about online mutliplayer X game. Still game is single player. And now look at support to the online space games.

Rekalty
x4

Post by Rekalty » Sat, 27. Feb 16, 13:39

CBJ wrote:It's coming. We're just coordinating the release with Steam, whose timezone is a little different to ours. :)
I own the Collectors Edition on Steam, but I didn't get the Home of Light DLC, though I got the previous DLC just fine, what's up with that?

Rei Ayanami
x4

Post by Rei Ayanami » Sat, 27. Feb 16, 13:43

yimmasabi wrote:
Rei Ayanami wrote: There certainly is room for a lot of improvements in many aspects of the game, but i would not call it rubbish.
You should be reading all critics, scores and support of xuniverse community. Where are they now then ? :D
Most reports from critics and reviews were based on the initial release version. And the initial release version was utter garbage, no one can deny that.
When i said "i would not call it rubbish" i meant the current version of the game which, while still having lots of improvements, i would actually call an enjoyable game.
yimmasabi wrote:Because Xr was not ready in real and when it is released it was very bad, something like alpha. Plus they didnt give buyers money back on steam. So this was what they should. Also they continue to sell patches by adding Teladi DLCs etc.
They don't sell patches by adding DLC.
The patches to the game are completely free, often also contain small additional content and you get the patches even if you don't buy the DLC.
The DLC are pure content packages and have nothing to do with patches (aka bugfixes).

About refunds on steam: Refunds in steam weren't really a thing back then, the refund system only got implemented rather recently. Of course it would've been nice if there was a possibility for a refund back then, however since i don't know how difficult it was back then for the developer to refund a game (because of Valve being in control of Steam) i won't comment on it.
As a ex-lover of X3 I just want to say they are in a wrong way. They dont listen community,
I heavily beg to differ. Look at the beta subforums, there are so many instances where they took our feedback and adjusted the update/DLC to our liking (difficulty balancing, camera view modifications, weapon mod interface/balancing, etc).
I remember when first topic about online mutliplayer X game. Still game is single player. And now look at support to the online space games.
X-online, to my knowledge, was just an idea or goal in the far, far future. Just because they didn't do it so far does not make the current games any worse for being single-player only.

Personally, i'd hate it if X became an online multiplayer game just because other companies are doing it or because "it's cool". I'd rather enjoy X as a good singleplayer game than a game with a cramped-in multiplayer aspect "because other popular games do it too".

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 27. Feb 16, 14:10

Rekalty wrote:
CBJ wrote:It's coming. We're just coordinating the release with Steam, whose timezone is a little different to ours. :)
I own the Collectors Edition on Steam, but I didn't get the Home of Light DLC, though I got the previous DLC just fine, what's up with that?
The original Collectors Edition didn't contain any DLCs. They weren't released back then. The Teladi Outpost DLC was given for free to any X Rebirth owner, as long as it was downloaded in time.

The current offer of the Collector's Edition containing the two DLCs is simply a different product than the one offered at release.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Marcus Aseth
x3tc

Post by Marcus Aseth » Sun, 28. Feb 16, 01:05

yimmasabi wrote: Now Year is 2016 and still graphics are far from X3 series, plus nowadays graphics are much more real as in StarCitizen. And yours are sooo cartonish.
The graphics looks very good in most people opinion (except character and the dull/repetitive interiors of stations), if you think something is wrong with them,maybe something is wrong with you :P
Many system are just breath-taking and I can watch the big ships manouvering and shooting each other for hours.
Also who said "if doesn't look real doesn't look good?! If that was the case, movie and games in outer space wouldn't have audio,but as you see,we also have audio,explosions and such, also I know that explaining this to you is a complete waste of time,but right now I have some time to waste :)

Were X:Rebirth fails is not in anything you've mentioned,you're just hating for the sake of it,and to someone eyes you make people that hates on REAL BUGS look really dumb,cause they put us in a corner together with you. Try again...better yet,Don't! :\

donzi
x4

Post by donzi » Sun, 28. Feb 16, 03:07

Great looking expansion!

Congrats Egosoft on getting it polished and out the door!

Sorry that I missed so much since my last play/activity here, life events and all continue to be overwhelming, but should ease up a lot this 1st qtr year I think.

Will be buying the home of light soon. With any luck I'll be able to get back playing soon thereafter -- although I'll have to get my training wheels out though for a couple hours or so.

Staberind
x4

Post by Staberind » Sun, 28. Feb 16, 13:22

Is it possible to get the H.o.L menu theme in a non lossy format like flac? mp3 is so 2005.

Edit, disregard this, cat 1 had HOL_Theme_01.0gg ah, much better. :)
Edit 2 : still lossy tho' a flac release would be nice, nothing on earth will make me feel like paying for an mp3.
Aladna Hill, Again, AP, 3.1. in the last Game worthy of the "X" title. <<<< X4 might just be changing this. :?:

AdánPasos

Post by AdánPasos » Sun, 28. Feb 16, 23:56

Staberind wrote:Is it possible to get the H.o.L menu theme in a non lossy format like flac? mp3 is so 2005.

Edit, disregard this, cat 1 had HOL_Theme_01.0gg ah, much better. :)
Edit 2 : still lossy tho' a flac release would be nice, nothing on earth will make me feel like paying for an mp3.
lol, I finally met someone as me. I've been called hipster for this dude, I'm glad I'm not the only one who worth lossless formats. :D

Loltak
x4

Post by Loltak » Mon, 29. Feb 16, 23:04

The Trade deal windows is a great addition :)
I love it.
Thanks Ego !
X4: Fondations Vanilla all extension.
Casual ineffective player at slow pace

Getsune
x4

Post by Getsune » Mon, 29. Feb 16, 23:30

Staberind wrote:Edit 2 : still lossy tho' a flac release would be nice, nothing on earth will make me feel like paying for an mp3.
I second this. We absolutely need a lossless release of Alexei Zakharov's masterful art! I'm ready to invest a considerable amount of coin in this one. :goner:

bigmacmonster
x3tc

Nice!!!!

Post by bigmacmonster » Mon, 29. Feb 16, 23:59

Great work 8)

thanks to everyone involved in this package

Ravenhurst

Post by Ravenhurst » Tue, 1. Mar 16, 14:41

Rei Ayanami wrote: Personally, i'd hate it if X became an online multiplayer game just because other companies are doing it or because "it's cool".

I think this game would be ideal with a very small multiplayer mode that supports 2-8 players in different modes, co-op, domination, etc.

either hosted on private servers or an official Egosoft server. That would be cool if the next X game had that.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Tue, 1. Mar 16, 16:38

It would also be good to have unlimited free pizza and not having to sleep, but that is also unlikely to happen. :-P

MFG

Ketraar

Staberind
x4

Post by Staberind » Wed, 2. Mar 16, 00:54

Ketraar wrote:It would also be good to have unlimited free pizza and not having to sleep, but that is also unlikely to happen. :-P

MFG

Ketraar
And cream buns for all!
Aladna Hill, Again, AP, 3.1. in the last Game worthy of the "X" title. <<<< X4 might just be changing this. :?:

Gold Dragon
x3tc

Post by Gold Dragon » Wed, 2. Mar 16, 02:19

Ketraar wrote:It would also be good to have unlimited free pizza and not having to sleep, but that is also unlikely to happen. :-P

MFG

Ketraar
+1 for this! :D
-- GD

Ravenhurst

Post by Ravenhurst » Wed, 2. Mar 16, 23:48

MFG

Ketraar
X4 coming with unlimited free pizza, confirmed

DarthNihilus

Post by DarthNihilus » Fri, 11. Mar 16, 11:35

Aren't Egosoft afraid to have copyright issues with Microsoft because of the SETA icon and animation? :lol:

xr

Re: NEWS: Announcing X Rebirth 4.0 and the Home of Light DLC!

Post by Avatar of darkness » Mon, 15. Aug 16, 20:40

A new X Rebirth "Complete Edition" which includes both The Teladi Outpost and Home of Light DLCs is now available on Steam if you haven't yet bought the game.

So, this is the last paid DLC for X-rebirth or developers have more plans for this game?

Just I want to purchase really "All in One" complete edition.
A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 15. Aug 16, 22:15

@ Avatar: In my personal opinion, you should work on HoL *probably* being the last developer-originated major new content for X Rebirth as they are most likely concentrating on their next game now. That does not mean there won't be any more fixes or tweaks from them, but I think that the XR package including HoL will be the most complete one and will get the most benefit from any future smaller updates.

Of course modding community new content and support for XR will continue anyway. :)
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

UnknownObject
x4

Post by UnknownObject » Mon, 12. Sep 16, 15:35

Are any new patches for X Rebirth planned?

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”