NPCs Ignoring "Other races can trade..."

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

deadmoomin
x3tc

NPCs Ignoring "Other races can trade..."

Post by deadmoomin » Fri, 12. Feb 16, 15:17

Hello!

I have a fairly big self-sustaining multi-product complex with its "Other races can trade with this station" flag set to "No". The trouble is, NPC traders appear to be ignoring the station's settings and continue to buy-up all of its stock. I've never experienced this problem in vanilla, so I'm wondering if this issue is some kind of conflict with my mod combination. I have the following scripts/mods installed:

- Lucike's Scripts Collection (CODEA, etc.)

- Lucike's Modification Collection. I chose the Modification Collection that doesn't include the Advanced Complex Center.

- Factory Complex Constructor

- LitCube's Bounce (v1.7)

They are the only modifications I have installed.

Whenever I check "Report Inbound Ships" (station>advanced>command console>station commands) it continually reports a constant stream of unwanted NPC traders with orders to purchase wares from the station.

The complex in question was constructed using FCC. So I'm wondering if this (non-vanilla) way of constructing the complex may have caused some kind of issue where the NPC traders are unable to "see" the "Other races can trade with this station" flag and so just ignore it.

I'm totally stumped on this. If this rings a bell and anyone I'd really appreciate any tips/suggestions...

deadmoomin
x3tc

Post by deadmoomin » Fri, 12. Feb 16, 17:15

PS: hm, I have a question that might help me figure out what's happening: if I switch from allowing NPC trade at a station to denying NPC trade, will the queue of inbound NPC traders which were on their way to the station be cancelled or will they complete there orders - despite the station being set to deny NPC trade?

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Fri, 12. Feb 16, 17:20

This switch will only block new trades from being planed already planed ones will be executed by the NPC's.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

deadmoomin
x3tc

Post by deadmoomin » Fri, 12. Feb 16, 17:29

aha! Then I think that explains my confusion. I think I just needed to wait for the inbound queue to deplete. I never noticed it working this way before in vanilla....but then I probably wasn't actively looking.

Thank you, ubuntufreakdragon.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”