X3 plugin manager just deleted all my saves?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Bubbaluke

X3 plugin manager just deleted all my saves?

Post by Bubbaluke » Fri, 22. Jan 16, 10:39

I just installed the cheat script and plugin manager because there were zero squash mines in my universe, and even after supplying them I would've had to wait a million hours to 60 of them.

I installed the plugin manager
installed cheat script
switched to modified
realized i was on AP
switched to TC
installed the cheat script
switched to modified

And poof, my files are GONE

I've literally searched my entire hard drive for "*.sav" and the only files are the starter saves for AP. There isn't a single trace of my saves.

I've been playing this game since I was in high school, and this is the first time I've gotten a really good grip on it (3 complexes, 10 ships, 20+mil in the bank) I know that's not much, but i've been trying to play this game for years and I feel like I finally figured it out, I was ready to build a real empire.

Has anyone else experienced this? Am I SOL? I'm pretty god damn bummed, I was finally getting really into this.

RoverTX
x4

Post by RoverTX » Sat, 23. Jan 16, 04:17

Go back into the plugin manger, switch back to non modified and check your save folder. They should be back. It compresses them, which is why you can't find them anywhere by searching for the ext, and removes them so you could switch between mod and non mod games easy without causing a non mod save to get a modified tag.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”