[MOD] SilenceYouAll - Skip chatter!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

pref
x4

Post by pref » Sun, 15. Nov 15, 14:47

Thanks!
Is there a reference for all commands? I checked an MD pdf from ES but it seems to contain so little, just a few pages.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sun, 15. Nov 15, 14:54

I'm not sure if what you need will be there or not but Ego regularly update some of their info pages on the wiki. The child pages below the following may help.

https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... ng+support

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sun, 15. Nov 15, 15:02

pref wrote:Thanks!
Is there a reference for all commands? I checked an MD pdf from ES but it seems to contain so little, just a few pages.
libraries/md.sxd, libraries/aiscript.xsd and libraries/common.xsd
also dont forget the scriptproperties.html
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

pref
x4

Post by pref » Sun, 15. Nov 15, 15:22

Ops, thats unexpected.
Maybe even code completion could work in a better editor?
It even has hints, lol.

@Sparky: Thanks! I only found the MD doc so far, see there is UI info as well.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Thu, 19. Nov 15, 17:40

If anyone misses the refusal speech from NPCs let me know. I was not sure if those should be kept or not.
I mean the cases where the NPC cannot be hired, or they dont like you enough to provide guidance.
In these cases the UI just closes, but i was thinking someone might miss some feedback from the game. The disabled speech iirc is something like 'No!', or 'Im not an information store' and things like that.
I keep them disabled in case i get no feedback.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Thu, 19. Nov 15, 17:49

pref wrote:If anyone misses the refusal speech from NPCs let me know. I was not sure if those should be kept or not.
I mean the cases where the NPC cannot be hired, or they dont like you enough to provide guidance.
In these cases the UI just closes, but i was thinking someone might miss some feedback from the game. The disabled speech iirc is something like 'No!', or 'Im not an information store' and things like that.
I keep them disabled in case i get no feedback.
Playing vanilla at the moment so maybe it is a bit outside of scope but when looking for SmallTalking NPCs to hire as Trade Agents, if a hirable NPC speaks first, I use the reply of "No!" to tell me that the NPC can be a Trade Agent.

It's not a critical issue since if playing modded, there are mods to make small-talking and Trade Agent acquisition easier. Just mentioning for info really.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Thu, 19. Nov 15, 18:02

Thanks for the info!
So you mean the No! answer could be useful?

As far as i saw in each context the only possible outcome where the UI closes automatically are these refuse cases. So the UI autoclosing even without speech can only mean one thing in each situation - does this hold?
So for ex - if i did not miss anything - when the manager finishes the conversation, it means that he/she is not for hire without doubt.

Even if it is so, im not sure if the player might need a stronger message from the game, not just closing the window/selection menu.

I use some mods, and rarely ever smalltalk so there might be cases i missed.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Thu, 19. Nov 15, 18:20

pref wrote:Thanks for the info!
So you mean the No! answer could be useful?
Yes, but only in the specific case of hunting for Trade Agents AFAIK.
pref wrote: As far as i saw in each context the only possible outcome where the UI closes automatically are these refuse cases. So the UI autoclosing even without speech can only mean one thing in each situation - does this hold?
I'm not sure. In the general case of a randomly-spawned NPC saying "No!" to the hiring question, I think that yes, the UI will always close. However, IIRC, some specific mission-related NPCs can also have a convo UI that flashes open briefly and closed. Or maybe I am remembering wrong and it never opens (sorry, I can't be more specific from memory).
pref wrote: So for ex - if i did not miss anything - when the manager finishes the conversation, it means that he/she is not for hire without doubt.
I think that could be a bit ambiguous so I would say:

- If a SmallTalking Manager/DO/etc will open the crew hiring menu when asked, they will not offer to be a Trade Agent.
- If a SmallTalking Manager/DO/etc says "No!" when asked about being hired as crew, they can be a Trade Agent.
pref wrote: Even if it is so, im not sure if the player might need a stronger message from the game, not just closing the window/selection menu.
It could be stronger, yeah. The only thing about the vanilla scenario is that I think I am not using the UI as intended. I don't think Egosoft meant "No!" to mean that they could be Trade Agents, but that is just a guess.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Thu, 19. Nov 15, 18:31

More or less what i was thinking, and i think we have a different pov regarding the game so that just makes it stronger.. probably a candidate for next update.

I think the No! answer means that they are not for hire, it is just a coincidence that in that case they can be trade agents.

Thanks for your thoughts!

And i figured a modding question too - is there a way to influence load order?
Probably mine should be run before anything that adds content, not sure if there is a way to achieve this?

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Thu, 19. Nov 15, 18:59

You're welcome!
pref wrote: And i figured a modding question too - is there a way to influence load order?
Probably mine should be run before anything that adds content, not sure if there is a way to achieve this?
not something I am familiar with, but Rebirth v3.53 has the following change log item:
CBJ wrote:• Improved extension handling so that loading order of mods now follows defined dependencies.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Thu, 19. Nov 15, 20:25

Aww that means the 'big' mods should be dependent on mine, not something that could ever happen.
Thanks anyway.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Thu, 19. Nov 15, 21:57

Enabled that line, plus the one where rep is too low to start the conversation.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Mon, 23. Nov 15, 22:57

Updated to beta 3.

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Tue, 24. Nov 15, 07:14

pref wrote:And i figured a modding question too - is there a way to influence load order?
Not absolutely sure, but I remember when was trying to figure this out several months back: if no dependencies specified, mod load order was by alphabetical folder name, loose files first. That was before 3.0, though, so things might have changed since then.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Tue, 24. Nov 15, 08:21

Also there are optional dependencies since 4.0 - this dependency is not required but if present it will be loaded before this mod.
defining top-priority mods is AFAIK not possible and also not necessary imo. This Mod is unlikely to be broken by other mods anyway (except they make major changes to the conversations) and if it were the game itself wouldn't break
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

pref
x4

Post by pref » Tue, 24. Nov 15, 14:20

Thanks guys!

I saw now there is a silent flag to supress no match errors too - probably thats the way to go, as my mod wont influence anything much.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Wed, 2. Dec 15, 01:16

Enabled some NPC comms when being attacked/protected by player.

Let me know if its too much :D

pref
x4

Post by pref » Mon, 11. Jan 16, 15:48

It seems under 3.61 the HUD Detail Monitor option has to be turned On, otherwise the skill and build related windows will not open without the associated voiceovers being played back.

Baridor
x4

Post by Baridor » Fri, 15. Apr 16, 14:55

Funtioniert nicht nach 4.0 Releas
Lebe wenn du willst.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Sat, 16. Apr 16, 12:57

Baridor, you could try to elaborate on this to get closer to any kind of solution.

But before that make sure that 'Menus' under game settings is set to HUD, or the mod will not work properly.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”