[Mod] Apricot Mapping Service Mod v1.3 for APv3.1 / v2.14 (For TCv3).

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ApocalypticARK

Post by ApocalypticARK » Thu, 27. Dec 12, 01:14

III...wish I knew how....

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 27. Dec 12, 13:32

ApocalypticARK wrote:III...wish I knew how....
Post a request thread, asking for a script or MD that removes all derelict ships.

Someone may have already done one.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 14. Oct 13, 03:01

Somewhat belatedly.....

Updated to APv3.1.

Chariot4me
x3tc

Apricot Claiming

Post by Chariot4me » Fri, 27. Jun 14, 22:12

Hello to All. I am playing a Modded X3TC via Apricot Mapping Service.
I purchased the Apricot Claim upgrade for $6.4 Mil and I cannot figure out how it works. A normal claim of a derelict ship takes a space walk up close and personal before the claim button lights up. The Apricot Claim is supposed to work without having to leave your ship. It doesn't work!
Also... I am unable to claim any M6's or anything larger at all. There just simply is No claim button. Can someone please share some info with me as to what I'm Not doing right or maybe just How is this claim upgrade supposed to work?? Much appreciation and Thanks, Chariot

Edit: Merged with mod thread, as per S&M forum rules. X2-Illuminatus
Roamin Chariot

steelwing_2
x4

Post by steelwing_2 » Sat, 15. Aug 15, 19:23

Hi, all. Playing X3AP with the latest AMS mod. I want to use the AMS start, but I don't see AMS listed as an option. I see all the regular starts, including "Custom Game" (which advertises itself as being a "modified" game with no campaign missions available), but nothing for Apricot. How do I start the game in AMS?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 15. Aug 15, 19:32

Did you enable the mod in the X3AP starter? Or have you installed it as a fake patch?
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

steelwing_2
x4

Post by steelwing_2 » Sat, 15. Aug 15, 23:51

My Mod List
I select AMS, click OK, and then click "Start X3:AP".
Below are the start points available to me:
Part 1
Part 2

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 16. Aug 15, 05:32

The only thing I can think of, is you selected the mod, but clicked 'original' instead of 'ok'. This selects the vanilla game, not the mod.

One way of knowing if the mod is installed, is choose any start, and the loading screen that follows should be the custom mod one showing the player HQ.

If that isn't there either, then the mod either isn't installed properly (which would be odd considering the mod is visible to the game) or its not selected on the jump off screen.

Double check both.

steelwing_2
x4

Post by steelwing_2 » Sun, 16. Aug 15, 23:08

Not installed properly, is what it turned out to be. Apparently, in the current X3AP, the mod's files have to be in their appropriate subfolders in both the addon directory and the X3 TC directory above it. I'm not sure if they all have to be in both places, or if some have to be in one place and some in the other.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 17. Aug 15, 02:42

If the zip is unpacked in the Terran Conflict folder, everything should go where its supposed to go automatically.

But if someone was to unpack somewhere else and then manually move things, it possible they could put them in the wrong place.

The other thing is, the mods for TC and AP are very different, and only for each game. So you cant install the TC version into AP and have it wok properly.

steelwing_2
x4

Post by steelwing_2 » Sun, 22. Nov 15, 18:58

So, I had to migrate to a new computer and I needed to set up X3 again. I decided to jump back to X3TC and try it with the AMS mod. Sadly, the game crashes at startup with the mod enabled. No obvious errors visible. Is there some sort of log that X3TC itself creates that I can look at anywhere? It works fine in vanilla, just not with AMS. I unzipped the files directly into the X3 Terran Conflict folder, and the mod was listed in the launcher. No errors about missing files that I could see anywhere.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 23. Nov 15, 01:37

steelwing_2 wrote:So, I had to migrate to a new computer and I needed to set up X3 again. I decided to jump back to X3TC and try it with the AMS mod. Sadly, the game crashes at startup with the mod enabled. No obvious errors visible. Is there some sort of log that X3TC itself creates that I can look at anywhere? It works fine in vanilla, just not with AMS. I unzipped the files directly into the X3 Terran Conflict folder, and the mod was listed in the launcher. No errors about missing files that I could see anywhere.
Did you use the correct zip?

The TC version is different from the AP version.

Actually for TC, I recommend you use the Merge Mod rather than the AMS mod. This version was the last one I worked on.

steelwing_2
x4

Post by steelwing_2 » Mon, 23. Nov 15, 02:24

I used the one that was labeled X3TC. As I understand, that should have worked.
I tried the Merge Mod, but it had the same result. Instructions say to wipe all the AMS mod files first, before installing the Merge Mod. I'm not sure if I got them all.
I didn't have any save games, so I'm wiping my TC directory and having Steam reinstall. Then I'll install the Merge Mod again and see if it works.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 23. Nov 15, 02:27

If you have an addon folder, delete that as well, just in case.

edit: Oh, with steam I'm not sure you can do that, without breaking it. From memory both games are installed at the same time.

steelwing_2
x4

Post by steelwing_2 » Mon, 23. Nov 15, 03:02

Did all that. Still the same result. Game crashes to desktop before ever reaching the main menu.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 23. Nov 15, 04:30

steelwing_2 wrote:Did all that. Still the same result. Game crashes to desktop before ever reaching the main menu.
Do you have any false patches installed?

steelwing_2
x4

Post by steelwing_2 » Mon, 23. Nov 15, 13:23

apricotslice wrote:
steelwing_2 wrote:Did all that. Still the same result. Game crashes to desktop before ever reaching the main menu.
Do you have any false patches installed?
Other than your Merge Mod, the game is currently Vanilla. I planned on installing your medium hub plot mod and Cycrow's Cheat Collection and Hotkey Manager, too, but that's it.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 23. Nov 15, 14:59

List the steps you are using to start the game, up until it crashes.

Also, it might help if I can see a screenpic of your folder structure from the TC folder and under.

The only other thought is perhaps the zip was corrupted?

steelwing_2
x4

Post by steelwing_2 » Mon, 23. Nov 15, 15:12

apricotslice wrote:List the steps you are using to start the game, up until it crashes.

Also, it might help if I can see a screenpic of your folder structure from the TC folder and under.

The only other thought is perhaps the zip was corrupted?
1. In Steam, click Play
2. Launcher appears
3. Click Select Mod Package
4. Make sure Merge Mod is selected, click OK
5. Click Start X3:TC
6. Loading screen appears
7. Loading screen goes away, no intro video or anything

My folder structure is shown here. Let me know if you need to see anything below that.
[edit] After your suggestion of a corrupted zip, I redownloaded the original zip for the merge mod (2.07), plus the zip file for the previous version (2.06). I tried both, and both caused the same crashing behavior.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 24. Nov 15, 01:45

What operating system is this? Mac?

Have you tried to play without a mod, just to make sure the vanilla game loads?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”