Game saves getting bigger here too.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

luxorin

Game saves getting bigger here too.

Post by luxorin » Sun, 25. Oct 15, 19:31

Not sure if i should open a new thread on this or not; the situation reported by Kenneth has happened to me too.

<Split from this thread. Alan Phipps>

The savegames have grown to over 700 Mb; the following line appears in the savefiles millions of times:

<event event="killcheck" time="134039.077"/>

I'll try to give below all information required:
-version 3.61, English
-vanilla version (no mods)
-Campaign
-save games get bigger and bigger - the line mentioned above keeps repeating
-no edits on savegames or any special actions, just normal play

Here is a link to my savefile (zipped)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B68j8V ... sp=sharing

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 25. Oct 15, 20:57

I know you said not, but have you *ever* edited a save in that game, especially such as to try to take ownership of a damaged NPC ship, or to try to repair a damaged ship of your own? You might have forgotten or disregarded a failed attempt in the past that might still be significant.

Killcheck is often used as a test of when to make something be removed from the game such a ship or module that has been damaged to 'wreck' or 'wrecked' status. The time value that follows the killcheck is the intended period to item removal.

Keeping that item alive beyond its due time (or even premature removal) without resolving the killchecks could generate masses of errors for its components and modules.

If you really have never edited a save, then you may have encountered a rare vanilla situational bug and your save should be useful to the devs in tracking it down. :)

Please make sure that you verify your Steam game installation too.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

luxorin

Post by luxorin » Tue, 27. Oct 15, 18:23

Thank you for your involvement Alan, your feedback was very nice and i learned some interesting things from it.

I have not edited the save game in any way (in fact until the bug occurred i didn't even know for sure where the save games were located). What i did before this is to try and capture my first capital ship (a Titurel), and i did do a lot of saving and loading (i tried to board the ship after lowering the hull by 10% at a time, starting at 90% and going down till 20...).

Loading a 700Mb save btw lead to 7.8 Gb RAM being used by the game and the system started swapping memory to the hard disk (i have 8Gb RAM in total).

I did have an earlier save, i restarted from there and everything is ok now for me. I hope indeed that my save game is of good use to somebody. A big thumbs up to everybody at Egosoft for their work.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 27. Oct 15, 18:39

Thanks. Brought to dev attention.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”