[MOD] Field of View (fov) increase for the player cockpit

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Nitrometan
x3ap

Post by Nitrometan » Wed, 4. Dec 13, 07:06

savagetwinky wrote:the FOV is more about how close one sits to the screen, a lot of people can get motion sickness from a small FOV near a screen. Because of hte way its seen its not natural for your mind.
You just don't get my point :) i am aware what low FoV causes (and it IS low), but if the game have no zoom-in functionality at this state is larger FoV actually worse because of terrible UI (small icons, stupid must-klick-on-icon sh!t 'couse no targetting system, etc.).
Simply, if i can't click or target something with standard FoV, then with larger FoV i'm totally lost.

-Skipp-
x4

Post by -Skipp- » Sun, 18. Oct 15, 20:44

Did this mod ever work? I just tried it and there's no difference at all. I tried modifying all 4 files that have the FOV part in their XML

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sun, 18. Oct 15, 21:08

just had a look through it and i doubt that. it may have worked if you put the files in the Game root instead of extensions (no good method because you dont know which file belongs to which mod this way, also mod compatibility issues) or if you pack them in a subst_01.cat/dat (also no good because of compatibility issues with other mods also changing these files)

correct method to change this was posted on the previous page by aerojet029
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

-Skipp-
x4

Post by -Skipp- » Sun, 18. Oct 15, 21:54

Yea i got confused by his reply a bit. Do i just delete the code in the mod and replace it with his lines only?

Edit: nvm... tried it - doesn't work :(

bioscmos303
x4

Post by bioscmos303 » Thu, 11. Jan 18, 23:58

fix for units_player_cockpit_1 (same gos for the others , just change the name of the cockpit)

Code:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<diff>
<replace sel="/components/component[@name='units_player_cockpit_1']/source">
<source geometry="assets\units\player\units_player_cockpit_1_data"/>
</replace>
<replace sel="/components/component[@name='units_player_cockpit_1']/connections/connection[@name='Connection040']/camera[@name='cam_cockpit']">
<camera name="cam_cockpit" fov="123.4" focus="101">
<offset>
<position x="-1.679221" y="1.002591" z="-5.036272"/>
<quaternion qx="0.5605175" qy="-1.431424E-03" qz="-7.928491E-04" qw="-0.8281409"/>
</offset>
</camera>
   </replace>
</diff>

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”