Repack construction vessel

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

mihaib

Post by mihaib » Sat, 10. Oct 15, 10:24

Hi Jess,
I'm sorry about the issues with the mouse cursor you have. I can't imagine what in my mod would cause such problems as I have no modifications related to user interface or mouse cursors.
I will do some tests if I'm having the same problems with the mod installed.

mihaib

Post by mihaib » Sat, 10. Oct 15, 10:36

Vim Razz wrote:I have a question, though: What's the purpose of the not @obstructioncheck condition in your menu filter?

While playing around with it I haven't been able to find any consequences of detaching while a station is "obstructed" aside from maybe leaving a few drones behind (though they can be recovered by re-deploying to CV back to the station for a bit), so I was hoping you could shed some light on whether it's really necessary or not.
Hi Vim,
Thanks for taking an interest and working on making the mods compatible. I had no idea that you could detect mods and adapt to them :D
The not @obstructioncheck checks if the ship is performing the obstruction check, right after ordering the architect to construct a module.

If you happen to be in the same zone as the CV, after you order a module constructed you will see a big red box appear near the CV and covering the construction site. It checks if the site is clear of stuff, like ships or other things.
By those conditions I'm making sure to offer the detach option only if the CV is not building and not checking for obstructions before commencing a build.

I don't know how to answer your question, though. Maybe it is ok if you detach while in the obstruction check phase. I did no tests regarding this scenario.
However, I doubt the left over drones have anything to do with this. That happens in between builds also.

I'm assuming this check creates some sort of problems for you modifications?

mihaib

Post by mihaib » Sat, 10. Oct 15, 10:59

JESS 246 wrote:Hi mihaib

Sorry to report this but i'm sure it's a small hiccup.

I've given your repack CV mod a try and found when docked to transfer crews to station and on exiting dock i had in menu/chat flight cursor lock and had to drop into windows and back to game to regain control, this maybe an error in the mod.

I have gone back to Station recycle and station engineer mods to have the fully working items that your mod dose without the cursor lock.
I just tested that scenario and found no problem. The mouse cursor was fine, no locks or anything like that.
My steam client also updated this morning so maybe whatever problem they had it was fixed.

mihaib

Post by mihaib » Sat, 10. Oct 15, 11:06

Vim Razz wrote:I'm thinking HR's menu structure when RCV is detected will look something like this, with the "Detach from Station" compat button pointing to RCV's section handler:

[ external image ]
The compact button looks like a good idea, but I was thinking that it might sound better if you rename it to "Detach or Equip Station".
In any case, great mod and thanks a lot for your efforts to make it compatible with other mods :D

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Sat, 10. Oct 15, 22:06

mihaib wrote:I'm assuming this check creates some sort of problems for you modifications?
No, I just wasn't sure how to handle it -- and I'm still in the process of clearing up lingering architect issues of my own, so every bit of info is useful. Thanks!
mihaib wrote:I was thinking that it might sound better if you rename it to "Detach or Equip Station".

You have a point. My concern is helping to passively communicate information through the menu wherever possible, though.

Like: you can detach after you finish equipping the station, but you can't really equip it after you finish detaching... ^.^;;

On a related note, dealing properly with orphaned trade offers is something I haven't figured out how to do properly in HR yet, and may be relevant here as well. I wont have time to investigate the issue further this weekend, but it's something to be aware of.

Also, I discovered that player stations generated by gamestarts (both Empire Builder and modded gamestarts) are a little buggy: Trying to attach a new CV to them causes the CV to disappear. This isn't a problem with your mod -- it happens if you buy a new CV at a shipyard, too -- but RCV does make it easier to encounter the bug, so I figured it's worth mentioning.

mihaib

Post by mihaib » Sun, 11. Oct 15, 20:30

Vim Razz wrote:My concern is helping to passively communicate information through the menu wherever possible, though.

Like: you can detach after you finish equipping the station, but you can't really equip it after you finish detaching... ^.^;;

On a related note, dealing properly with orphaned trade offers is something I haven't figured out how to do properly in HR yet, and may be relevant here as well. I wont have time to investigate the issue further this weekend, but it's something to be aware of.

Also, I discovered that player stations generated by gamestarts (both Empire Builder and modded gamestarts) are a little buggy: Trying to attach a new CV to them causes the CV to disappear. This isn't a problem with your mod -- it happens if you buy a new CV at a shipyard, too -- but RCV does make it easier to encounter the bug, so I figured it's worth mentioning.
Well, it looks like there is a good reason why you named the button that way. :D

Fortunately, I had no issues with orphaned trade offers and I've been using the mod for a month before releasing it. I'm hopping I won't have this issue.

Thanks for mentioning the problems with gamestarts. It helps to know about this issue and that it's more likely to be reported with my mod on.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”