Repack construction vessel

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

mihaib

Post by mihaib » Sat, 3. Oct 15, 18:25

Xenon_Slayer wrote:
UniTrader wrote:hmm, what about this:

Code: Select all

<destroy_object object="$actor.container.buildmodule" explosion="false"/>
<patch_object object="$actor.container"/>
:( oh god why! Yes, I guess that may have worked if you updated the architect.

Anyway, we've found why the build plan wasn't cleared with that action and it should be fixed in an upcoming build.
I've been doing tests on version 3.61 and the build module is cleared properly now.
All station construction projects advance without issues with a repacked CV.

One problem still exists though, and that is if I use a repacked CV to deploy to a fully built station.
In this case the CV starts rebuilding the first station module. This doesn't happen if I deploy to an incomplete station.

I tried replacing the architect and it doesn't help. Deploying a new CV doesn't trigger the bug.
I suspect the <clear_buildmodule> command is not sufficient, or it doesn't clear everything properly.

Any ideas on what I could do on the build module to make it work?

jth
x3

Post by jth » Sun, 4. Oct 15, 12:39

mihaib wrote: I've been doing tests on version 3.61 and the build module is cleared properly now.
All station construction projects advance without issues with a repacked CV.

One problem still exists though, and that is if I use a repacked CV to deploy to a fully built station.
In this case the CV starts rebuilding the first station module. This doesn't happen if I deploy to an incomplete station.

I tried replacing the architect and it doesn't help. Deploying a new CV doesn't trigger the bug.
I suspect the <clear_buildmodule> command is not sufficient, or it doesn't clear everything properly.

Any ideas on what I could do on the build module to make it work?
Its good to know that 3.61 helps.

I tend to agree with you that there is still something stuck inside the repackaged CV

At the risk of being accused of teaching grandma to suck eggs :)

Going back to basics. If you compare the save game entries for a new CV and a repackaged one is there anything different around the buildmodule ?

If there is still something stuck in the repackaged CV save game XML then at least you know what you need to change/remove which is half the battle and it might yield to a bit of lateral thinking. If it doesn't yield to lateral thinking then at least its something concrete to point Egosoft at. Finding something in the save game XML would also 100% confirm that it is the CV that is causing the problem and completely exonerate the Architect.

Unfortunately I don't own any completed stations to test against :( If you are prepared to let me have a copy of your save game or just the bits for the complete station plus CV (while its still attached to its station) then I will see if my approach has the same problem. Public or private messages are fine.

jth

mihaib

Post by mihaib » Sun, 4. Oct 15, 15:59

I haven't compared a new CV with a repacked CV in the save game file, but the buildmodule on the repacked CV looks very clean. I doubt I'll see any difference but I'll take a look.
I have a quicksave file in DeVries / Barren Heart / Unmet Promise. You will see a station there, it is fully built and one CV is attached to it. Detach it and deploy it back to do the tests.

I have quite a few mods running in this save, but all of them are savegame compatible so the save should work.
Here is the link. Just make sure you right click and select "Save target as". If not it will open it in the browser :D
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/338 ... cksave.xml

Anyone else who wants to take a look at the file, feel free to get it :D

jth
x3

Post by jth » Mon, 5. Oct 15, 13:46

mihaib wrote:I haven't compared a new CV with a repacked CV in the save game file, but the buildmodule on the repacked CV looks very clean. I doubt I'll see any difference but I'll take a look.
I have a quicksave file in DeVries / Barren Heart / Unmet Promise. You will see a station there, it is fully built and one CV is attached to it. Detach it and deploy it back to do the tests.
Buildmodule inside CV does look fine to me too, so clear_buildmodule does seem to be doing its job properly

I get exactly the same behaviour as you using my approach. It rebuilds one stage and then seems to be happy.

Not sure which stage its rebuilding as it wants Energy 779 plate 386, Fusion 84, HIT/MA 22, plasma/ma 5 and Shield 5. I would guess its the final stage that it built for that station.

I will complete one of my stations and double check that it does the same to that

At which point it might be worth a few debug_text lines in the NPC_Architect script to see why its trying to finish building that stage again

jth

jth
x3

Post by jth » Mon, 5. Oct 15, 15:45

jth wrote:
mihaib wrote:I haven't compared a new CV with a repacked CV in the save game file, but the buildmodule on the repacked CV looks very clean. I doubt I'll see any difference but I'll take a look.
Buildmodule inside CV does look fine to me too, so clear_buildmodule does seem to be doing its job properly

I get exactly the same behaviour as you using my approach. It rebuilds one stage and then seems to be happy.

Not sure which stage its rebuilding as it wants Energy 779 plate 386, Fusion 84, HIT/MA 22, plasma/ma 5 and Shield 5. I would guess its the final stage that it built for that station.

I will complete one of my stations and double check that it does the same to that

At which point it might be worth a few debug_text lines in the NPC_Architect script to see why its trying to finish building that stage again

jth
Running 3.61

Just spent a couple of hours adding Storage 2, radar and four lots of Targon Tracer + fully Upgrading to my Foodstuffs Supply

Then Released and reattached the CV and it didn't try and rebuild anything

I wonder whether its a duff station issue :(

I have been thinking about writing a Structural Rebuild mod that completely rebuilds your station from scratch on the same spot using the instant build call rather than the interactive one. Cloning crew and storage. That would get rid of any bad construction stages. Its far from a 5 minute job though :(

Any chance of you trying a few more fully built stations to see if any of those work ?

jth

mihaib

Post by mihaib » Mon, 5. Oct 15, 20:10

Thanks for the tests. I see your second tests as good news. I'm hopping it's just a localized problem that I have.
I will test some more stations and see what happens.

mihaib

Post by mihaib » Mon, 5. Oct 15, 23:19

I just tested more stations with different repacked CVs. They behave the same, always rebuilding the first station module (stage 1 of whatever is first).
They insist in this behavior even if I let them, they finish and I repeat (repack / deploy).

Unfortunately I have only a few hours each evening to work / test / play, so it's going to take a while.
Tomorrow I will continue testing with a new CV and see if this one gets broken also.

jth
x3

Post by jth » Tue, 6. Oct 15, 16:30

mihaib wrote:I just tested more stations with different repacked CVs. They behave the same, always rebuilding the first station module (stage 1 of whatever is first).
They insist in this behavior even if I let them, they finish and I repeat (repack / deploy).

Unfortunately I have only a few hours each evening to work / test / play, so it's going to take a while.
Tomorrow I will continue testing with a new CV and see if this one gets broken also.
I have completed another two stations to 100% and neither shows the problem. I will send you a private message with a link to my save file

Can you please let me know what happens when you use my save game and repack / deploy on the Cell Fab Matrix I in Fervid Corona or the Solar Energy Farm III in Radiation Belt or the Foodstuffs Supply I in Gushing Springs

jth

mihaib

Post by mihaib » Tue, 6. Oct 15, 21:22

jth wrote:Can you please let me know what happens when you use my save game and repack / deploy on the Cell Fab Matrix I in Fervid Corona or the Solar Energy Farm III in Radiation Belt or the Foodstuffs Supply I in Gushing Springs

jth
I tested on your save file. Everything works perfect. I repacked and deployed two of the CVs (Cell Fab Matrix I and Solar Energy Farm III) multiple times and there was no issue.

I also did some more tests on my save. I used a new CV and deployed on a Foodstuffs station and it had the same issues.
It looks like the station has problems and not the CV. Same problem with a Cell Fab Matrix. I also tried on a Solar Energy Farm and this one was ok.

My conclusion is that some of my stations are just messed up, and my CVs keep building them like that. Or it is just something with my save.
In any case, I consider this issue solved and I blame these problems on me messing around with the mod and the saves.

Thanks for the time and everything :D

jth
x3

Post by jth » Wed, 7. Oct 15, 12:34

mihaib wrote: My conclusion is that some of my stations are just messed up, and my CVs keep building them like that. Or it is just something with my save.
In any case, I consider this issue solved and I blame these problems on me messing around with the mod and the saves.

Thanks for the time and everything :D
Glad to be able to help

Avoiding save game editing and dodgy stations is what got me started on modding :)

To be fair to Egosoft they have put a lot of effort into fixing the station builds. Its just that lots of players have save games with stations from very early versions of the game and have a lot of time invested in their empires.

jth

mihaib

Post by mihaib » Wed, 7. Oct 15, 21:22

I'm thinking on restarting and rebuilding everything.
Aside from some dodgy stations I also have some other reasons and I can test better how the mod works on a new game.

I published the mod this evening and you can find it on Steam if you are interested.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =531342056

jth
x3

Post by jth » Thu, 8. Oct 15, 13:01

mihaib wrote:I'm thinking on restarting and rebuilding everything.
Aside from some dodgy stations I also have some other reasons and I can test better how the mod works on a new game.

I published the mod this evening and you can find it on Steam if you are interested.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =531342056
I have replayed the older games a few times and started fresh. I think that it would be nice to play this one through again and have the plot work smoothly and get my Rahanas Energy but building all those stations took a very long time and I am not sure that I want to do that part again. I think I will stick with my save game with all the stations when I play with the economy.

I have subscribed to your mod, looks good. It worked great on my Floating Meadows in Gushing Springs. It detached and re-attached fine.

It did produce the following as it detached the CV in the debug.log When you have 5 minutes ....... :)

[Scripts] *** Context:md.NPC_Architect.SectionHandler<inst:19921>: <event_conversation_next_section> section: 'cArch_RCV_detachfromstation'
[General] *** Context:md.NPC_Architect.SectionHandler<inst:19921>: ERROR: Unexpected section 'cArch_RCV_detachfromstation'
[General] ======================================
[=ERROR=] Error in MD cue md.NPC_Architect.SectionHandler<inst:19921>: Trying to perform <reset_cue> on non-instance cue md.NPC_Architect.MoveBuilderShip, descendant of instantiating cue md.NPC_Architect.Base
* Expression: MoveBuilderShip

jth

mihaib

Post by mihaib » Thu, 8. Oct 15, 20:52

jth wrote:[Scripts] *** Context:md.NPC_Architect.SectionHandler<inst:19921>: <event_conversation_next_section> section: 'cArch_RCV_detachfromstation'
[General] *** Context:md.NPC_Architect.SectionHandler<inst:19921>: ERROR: Unexpected section 'cArch_RCV_detachfromstation'
[=ERROR=] Error in MD cue md.NPC_Architect.SectionHandler<inst:19921>: Trying to perform <reset_cue> on non-instance cue md.NPC_Architect.MoveBuilderShip, descendant of instantiating cue md.NPC_Architect.Base
* Expression: MoveBuilderShip

jth
In my blunderings to fix the various issues I forgot to thoroughly check the log.
One of the error was caused by an unnecessary line in the script that remained from the original script I used as inspiration.
The other error was because of my poor knowledge of XML patching.

In any case, they should be fixed now. Thanks for the feedback.

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Fri, 9. Oct 15, 04:25

Hi mihaib

Sorry to report this but i'm sure it's a small hiccup.

I've given your repack CV mod a try and found when docked to transfer crews to station and on exiting dock i had in menu/chat flight cursor lock and had to drop into windows and back to game to regain control, this maybe an error in the mod.

I have gone back to Station recycle and station engineer mods to have the fully working items that your mod dose without the cursor lock.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Fri, 9. Oct 15, 07:20

Jess, might that just be the Steam bug? It sounds similar.

Details are in a thread here (with a work-around that can be tried):
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 44#4557244

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Fri, 9. Oct 15, 16:48

Hi Sparky Sparkycorp

Thanks for info but my issue only happened when using this mod and removing and going back to the the two the i mentioned there's no mouse lock and i've had no issues like this with steam only that now and again it gets laggy.

If you look at it this way if there's no problem before mod install but there is after install then not there after removal then it must be a glitch in the mod as the mod dose work only to have mouse lock in the menu/chat on station when assigning crew and on undocking but not in menu/chat off station or any where else.

I would like to have one mod that dose the work of two or more so yes i would like this mod to work.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Fri, 9. Oct 15, 18:08

JESS 246 wrote: If you look at it this way if there's no problem before mod install but there is after install then not there after removal then it must be a glitch in the mod as the mod dose work only to have mouse lock in the menu/chat on station when assigning crew and on undocking but not in menu/chat off station or any where else.
Yes, I can see that makes sense from your point of view. From an external point of view there were two variables (mod and Steam issue) so it seemed best to mention the Steam one in case the experiences with different mods were potentially only different due to differing ways they might work. Anyway, glad things are working for you.

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Fri, 9. Oct 15, 18:15

While not on topic, I can confirm mouse lock since last steam update. Tap windows key twice cures it for me.
X Rebirth - A Sirius Cybernetics Corporation Product

Split irritate visiting pilot with strange vocal patterns.

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Fri, 9. Oct 15, 19:12

Hi Sparky Sparkycorp

Point taken i can see that but in my case its the mod and at present i'm having no mouse issues only that dam steering ring in hud that acts like a cursor.

I also can see that maybe some mods are incompatible with other mods and outside game aliments and if this mod is effected by the steam workshop download then yes there is an issue with steam as in this case as you stated has caused a mouse glitch, and steam should not change any coding or files of a mod or game only make it easier for us to obtain these DLC's.

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Sat, 10. Oct 15, 09:25

@ JESS 246,

It sound like an unfortunate coincidence, but do what you think is best. You can always try it out again later if you happen to feel like it.

@ mihaib,

As I commented on your Steam page, I'm sorting out a compatibility button for Repack CV in Human Resources. HR is horribly greedy with menus by it's nature, so it's not really something you should need to worry about on your end.

I'm thinking HR's menu structure when RCV is detected will look something like this, with the "Detach from Station" compat button pointing to RCV's section handler:

[ external image ]

I have a question, though: What's the purpose of the not @obstructioncheck condition in your menu filter?

While playing around with it I haven't been able to find any consequences of detaching while a station is "obstructed" aside from maybe leaving a few drones behind (though they can be recovered by re-deploying to CV back to the station for a bit), so I was hoping you could shed some light on whether it's really necessary or not.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”