Albion|Ascendency regular feature - has anyone made it yet?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Albion|Ascendency regular feature - has anyone made it yet?

Post by Snafu_X3 » Tue, 29. Sep 15, 05:03

[ external image ]

The regular rectangular object in centre screen seems to be visible from most zones in Ascendancy (I haven't checked fully). I spent 1/2 hr boosting towards it & after a few 'Danger! Entering atmosphere!' warnings from Betty I was kicked out with game over - no reduced shields, no ship shaking, no other warning than Betty :(

The object /does/ get larger as you approach, so it's not simply background fluff..

[ external image ]

I'll try from different angles when I'm bored.. maybe that will help. I hope I'll find an Aran equivalent ;)
Last edited by Snafu_X3 on Tue, 29. Sep 15, 21:22, edited 1 time in total.
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Tue, 29. Sep 15, 06:38

OK, found at least 3 of these things so far. Are these simply 2001 'Monuments' or is there something else going on? I can't get a reading from them (ie no ID, on radar or anything else), so I don't see how they could be yet another useless Steam 'achievement'..

Can't get much closer than Betty's warning without 'Game Over', so unless my next test produces something I'll give up for now.. it's late & I'm starting to lose focus..

Triangulating to the centre of these objects may be a possibility..
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Tue, 29. Sep 15, 09:15

This forum is full of stars.

XenonSurf
x2

Post by XenonSurf » Tue, 29. Sep 15, 15:37

I have already done some exploration with UniTrader's 'fast boosting' mod. I think it's not officially in the mod section but I'm sure he will be so kind to send it to you if you ask him.
This mod is less speedy than a super-highway but allows you to fastly explore the galaxy and it switches off the Atmosphere warning.

You should be able to approach this object, as I did with planets, but don't hope to land on them to discover plants or lifeforms...

Oh, you can also get there by normal means ofc, but better buy a stasis chamber before :)
I wonder what happens if I build a station that far away...Will cap ships jump to known sectors? I'll probably have to tweak the Fuel Cell consumption rate...I will try out :D

Where are you, Dave...I assure you I'm working correctly now, I'm 99,9919199 % on a good way now...

XenonS
Last edited by XenonSurf on Tue, 29. Sep 15, 19:34, edited 1 time in total.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Albion|Ascendency regular feature - has anyone made it yet?

Post by UniTrader » Tue, 29. Sep 15, 19:28

Snafu_X3 wrote:The object /does/ get larger as you approach, so it's not simply background fluff..
if you define "Background Fluff" as stuff which stays the same size no matter how long you fly in its direction then you wont find anything in XR - you can even fly out of the 4 layers of the Skydome (in all Clusters) if you have too much time. (takes a few hours with my Hyper Boost - and probably several months or Years with regular Boost, because the Skybox has a Radius of about 1Gm or 1Tm, not sure anymore..)

and my Hyper Boost is faster than the Blue Tubes and the Speed of Light - it just takes a while (about half an hour to an hour iirc) to accelerate to these Speeds - a necessity because otherwse the accel is too high for a bit finer adjustments

if interested you can find it here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3r3n9rhzfz48 ... st.7z?dl=1 not sure if i made a topic for it yet..
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Tue, 29. Sep 15, 21:23

Tks UniT; I don't think I'll bother as it seems there's nothing going on there anyway :(

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”