On-station loot locations - need additions!

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Snafu_X3
x3tc

On-station loot locations - need additions!

Post by Snafu_X3 » Sun, 9. Aug 15, 22:19

Especially for those who are trying to find those elusive temporary passes! However other goodies turn up as well, obviously :)

Some of the 'hidden' locations can be pretty tricky; the obvious ones are well-known. So here's a thread I hope will be useful if ppl stick to the reporting rules:

Station location: ie which zone you're in (Albion, Teladi etc)
Station type: (cell recharge, large shipyard, etc)
Area hidden box is found, along with a brief description of how to get there if there are multiple such areas on station: (eg manager's office, top of vending machine (which one?))
Any particular special steps you need to get to the box: (eg for one type of bar you need to raise your legs for the jump from the 2nd level floor to get to the walkway opposite; for another you can use the light fixture as an intermediate platform)
If the box is 'hidden in plain sight' an annotated screenshot would be appreciated! (eg in engineer's workshop on racks, or by the door - see below)

So, for example, take this location:

Station location: Omicron Lyrae, Devoid Clime
Station type: BTO shipline (large shipyard)

Area hidden box is found: Internal engineer dock, in engineer's workshop on racks, or by the door [ external image ]
and
[ external image ]

Finally, a hint for new players: When tunnel exploring always take the left turn from the entrance; if you take the right you can find yourself going around in circles

Have fun; hope this thread will be useful! :)
Last edited by Snafu_X3 on Tue, 1. Mar 16, 03:17, edited 5 times in total.
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Sun, 9. Aug 15, 22:20

Please regard the above as work in progress.. feel free to add locations etc below!
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Thu, 17. Sep 15, 19:08

XenonSurf
x2

Post by XenonSurf » Wed, 23. Sep 15, 22:37

Still I think for the E-marked stations, only the manager's room will yield a temp key, near the golden cup.

Climbing on the skunk? I don't find this, any tip is welcome.

The obvious places are these tunels but also below the elevator that leads to the tunels.

XenonS

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Thu, 24. Sep 15, 00:10

XenonSurf wrote:Still I think for the E-marked stations, only the manager's room will yield a temp key, near the golden cup.
I don't understand what you mean by the 'E-marked stations'..
Climbing on the skunk? I don't find this, any tip is welcome.
Not 'on' the Skunk precisely: if you land on an 'external' dock you can climb the stacked fuel tanks with a bit of work; this goes for any capship you dock with too. The above link is specific to an /internal/ dock where the loader mech is right next to the Skunk; I haven't found the specific dock/station yet, although I suspect it's in OL..[/quote]

XenonSurf
x2

Post by XenonSurf » Thu, 24. Sep 15, 11:50

Ok, Metalwork Yard in Albion. I want to hack production because I want my manager on a steel refinery to sell its Refined Metals instead of stocking it to the limit, and if he does that I always have to transfer manually and sell it, he is too small-minded and doesn't sell the surplus of production.
By sabotaging the production of other such ware producers I hope more ships heading to my station and buy my wares :)

The Metalwork Yard is quite large, it has 2x a main docking center (what I called above the E-marked station, sorry very missleading), 1x a secondary docking center (obelisk icon), 2x a bar, 1x repair dock.
After 2 hours I only got 2 keys, and I had to leave the zone and enter again to re-distribute the random occurences.
I spent a lot of time trying to climb up to the open Skunk's cargo room entrance (a kind of rectangular opening). There is a yellow elevator with 2 flash lights on top: impossible to climb IMO, and a vehicle with 2 fuel cylinders: I think you can climb on top but I didn't succeed...
In the bar, on the 2nd floor you must use w-w-space-w-ctrl in a rapid sequence to get to the veranda where 2 boxes could be located.

You must open all wardrobes and boxes, even apparently empty ones, because maybe 'cases' are placed inside.
Also cases may be located in some open cartoon boxes, sometimes with chocolate boxes but sometimes with some wares TOGETHER with the temporary key. You better look carefully in the description window...

Question:
What if I explore the immediate next structure beneath the whole construction? This is also a Metalwork Yard. Will my keys expire if I search there? I know I can't get too far away, else I get the message that my keys have become invalid.

XenonS

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Thu, 24. Sep 15, 15:56

Ah; docking ports. The 'obelisk' one is Station Administration; your 'e-port' is a Commercial Centre

The temporary passes are keyed to that particular /station/. You can hop from one dock to another on that station, but if you leave the station for another, the passes (or parts of same) vanish

I've most often found parts of keys in the tunnels, but not exclusively

XenonSurf
x2

Post by XenonSurf » Thu, 24. Sep 15, 17:56

There is still the funny thing in v.3.60 with the switchable elevator leading to the upward tunnels: if you stand just outside of it, when arrived in the upper floor you can walk on the station's roof...with excellent sight on any compartments. At some point you fall off the station and you respawn at the Skunk. I still like it :D

XenonS

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Thu, 24. Sep 15, 22:43

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 90#4517290

EDIT by Linolafett: Removed Session ID at the end of URL. Do not post your Session ID. :lol:
Last edited by Snafu_X3 on Tue, 12. Apr 16, 01:05, edited 1 time in total.

XenonSurf
x2

Post by XenonSurf » Fri, 25. Sep 15, 13:31

Thanks very much for this link, Snafu_X3, it helps me a lot about the spawn mechanism, so I can head in the right way, although it's a matter of patience :)

I think this 'waiting a few minutes before docking' is important, I didn't and got a lot of empty 'dud' cases.

Salut,
XenonS

XenonSurf
x2

Post by XenonSurf » Sat, 26. Sep 15, 10:42

This time I have tried to get those rare keys in the Metalworks Yard in Frozen Circuit (Albion), following the tips in the link above. In 5 hours with interruptions, also leaving the zone and comming in again to 're-shuffle' things still it's a no-go for me getting all 3 keys... In most cases not even 1 single key...A lot of 'dud' empty cases, also in the secret tunnels and places (v.3.60).

The most difficult is getting a case when on top of the aquarium: if there is a NPC beneath it you can use him to jump upwards and grap the key while falling down, with no NPC, you see the case, but...no way going up, even climbing on the plant.

For what it does, this is really A LOT of work getting these keys...
Could anyone be so kind to spoil what exactly the 'Production hacking' in the Astrolab does? For how long will the production be stopped and has this a significant impact? Thx very much.

XenonS

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Mon, 28. Sep 15, 20:08

I hacked a few crystal cuttery before, but it was with a hacker drone.

It stopped production for a while (15-25 hours, if memory serves) but I don't know if it had any real impacts on cut crystal economy. I would have to try on more stations at the same time, and really pay attention to how ware demand is afterwards. The problem in my case is there was no demand of cut crystal anywhere, so even with a few producers being shut down, it would probably take some time before demand builds up.

I'll look into the effective impacts eventually, but I'm not playing much XR right now. (I fell back into dying frequently in dark souls 2 instead.)
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Mon, 28. Sep 15, 20:39

Yep; thete's a serious oversupply of cut xtals everywhere; you couldn't have chosen a worse product to experiment with :)

Try something else intermediate, eg ion cells or refined metals; that should show up a lot quicker especially if it impacts a reasonably-demanded end-product

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Tue, 29. Sep 15, 01:48

Back on topic..

OK, I finally got a landing zone with the mech in place, I think.

[ external image ]
This image shows an admin dock in OL. While I can climb to the roof of the mech it still seems to be too far away from the Skunk to make a successful jump to Skunk's massive cargo bay :(

Wandering around the docking bay (while docked on a ship) seems to be fairly easy once you know how. A sloping crate will give a partial rise in elevation from which you can mke a second jump, if you're careful bringing your knees up :) From there you can easily make it to the roof of the 'hangar' module using a similar technique.. although I've not yet seen any crate or similar up there; however it does give you a good view of tops of other areas :)

Still working on how to get on top of the 3 stacked fuel tanks, but the single tank on the other side is accessible due to 'leaning' crates. I can only guess that the 3 tanks are acessible from the 'guard rail', but I've yet to figure a reliable way to jump on top of that..

Other incidentals:
  • a 'case' in a light fixture - jump around in bars, esp. from the balcony. I forget the precise location, but prolly Albion/DV..
    On top of certain fish tanks in OL; some easy, some not so. You can jump onto NPCs to give you a boost :)
Still not sure of XS's 'elevator with yellow lights'..

XenonSurf
x2

Post by XenonSurf » Thu, 1. Oct 15, 11:39

I darkly remember one of Bernd's videos where he actually shows that you can climb on parts of your Skunk. It's one of the official 3.0+ videos, I will go through them. I was never able to reproduce this, but I still have to try in stations of OL, DV, FO and MS, they are all arranged differently in the entrance hall, so the procedures will differ. I think in AL there is no way climbing on Skunk, and no secrets in any of these large entrance halls (still in AL, and with the long corridor), but only AFAIK...

Tip for the repair center (the dock with the tool icon):
Some cases are placed in elevation and you can see them only when going on the roof of the depot (the one with the 2 terminals). You need to jump on the containers laying around to get to the roof, and by looking around you can then spot any cases laying on top of objects.

Humm...At some point I may need a mod that allows you to jump higher and further. With the mouse and key combos alone this is rather difficult compared to any controller or joystick IMO.

XenonS

strude
x4

Post by strude » Fri, 2. Oct 15, 02:33

In a related topic, but without wanting to hijack this thread, I've 'hypothetically' made a mod that allow buying Temp IDs from Black Marketeers.

If that's something that interests people, it can be discussed here
Gaming PC: Gigabyte H270M-D3H | i7 7700 | 16Gb DDR4 | Gigabyte GTX1060 6Gb OC | Asus Xonar DGX | Window 10 Home 64bit | Samsung 256Gb SSD

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Tue, 27. Oct 15, 00:45

OK, finally made it into the Skunk's cargo bay!

When there's a heavy lifter picking up a crated tank near to the Skunk (I've seen these in Bar docks) you can jump from the Skunk's 'foot' to the lifter & proceed from there to the top of the crate; from that point you can jump into the bay.

Sadly no secret hatches there :( However there /are/ some useful hidden crates/boxes - don't forget to go to the back of the bay & turn around; the boxes may not be visible from the entrance!

On the ship's docking pad (whichever capship or small station bay you happen to be docked with), once you get to the roof of the 'shed' you can jump to the topmost of the 3 stacked tanks; from there you should be able to jump to the single tank further out (& beyond; you can go past the guard fence, but at an undetermined distance this drops you back into the Skunk)

Pics to follow when I have the inclination ;)

XenonSurf
x2

Post by XenonSurf » Wed, 28. Oct 15, 00:44

Well done, Snafu_X3, every little secret helps :)

XenonS

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”