[MOD] Skunk Overhaul

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Mon, 14. Sep 15, 16:17

Hi xrook

I know i mentioned something about the weapons overheating to quickly well i found out that this was because i was using the Weapon Overhaul Project mod.

I tried your mod without WOP and the Pulse Master Emitters took a lot longer to overheat but they were less powerful as with most of the weapons so i'm using WOP again to get that hitting power back and to make your new weapons better.

And as an idea i thought why not ask you to look into this and maybe incorporate Weapon Overhaul Project mod with author Azalrion permision into your mod or use parts of it if so please adjust the overheat compensate the use of this mod.

You can fine Weapon Overhaul Project here. http://www.nexusmods.com/xrebirth/mods/15/?

Hope this is helpful.

xrook

Post by xrook » Mon, 14. Sep 15, 16:24

my mod is incompatible with WOP as it edits the same files

the pulse masers are the weakest amongst the weapon list because it has the fastest bullet speed and pin point accuracy

trust me the vanilla maser is fking weak standing at 3600/4500 (Mk1/Mk2) dps, i pretty much improved it to 5000/6250
you just gotten used to WOP's powerful changes

i should stop being a lazy ass and start updating that OP to list the changes i did, but...

[ external image ]

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Mon, 14. Sep 15, 19:23

Hi Xrook

Thank for input but for me the pulse weapons are fairly strong with WOP at range up 12+km and without WOP they are not it's about 4km to have the same effect so for me WOP dose work but they overheat very quick with it though.

I do understand what you say about using the same files though for me your mod and WOP do compliment each other and if there is an incompatibility it's the overheat code.

Before your mod the pulse was just as good with WOP but took longer to destroy as only skunk had one weapon now with your mod and two it's twice as quick and is how the skunk should have been in the first place.

If and when you do get your (like the Homer LOL!) ass in gear and as i said in an earlier post it be nice to see the same ship when docked instead of the old skunk.

Great mod keep the good work.

xrook

Post by xrook » Mon, 14. Sep 15, 19:34

12k range? thats more than what i gave the new 'sniper' inertial hammer
if thats the case you wont need any other weapon, that maser is already OP

same ship when docked? nah i think of it as a boarding vessel to travel between your ship and the station
(comparing the size of the docked skunk and the skunk in space, it doesnt seem the same. the one in space is big, while the one docked is about the same size as the consumer crafts that spawns around the station)
and also like i said changing the docked skunk will have issues

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=379136
Known Issues;
Out of place objects- All dock's have to be individually patched for the relocation of objects around the docking pad, this may take some time.

BUG- NPC boarding animations broken - fix on the way.

BUG- Passenger Transport missions are broken. As the back of the Skunk model has been removed passenger unloading has been broken.

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Mon, 14. Sep 15, 23:00

Hi Xrook

Knowing the range and hit power of the pulse wep may be good for fighters at ranges but not good against cap ships and on saying that your two heavy ones i.e the CPHMMA & Hailstorms take a long time to cool down and don't seam to do to much damage.

Whats needed is a long range high damaging heavy hitting quick fire fast cooling antimatter twin cannons.

Thanks for the link to the little ship may not be the same but just about do will give it a try.

Keep on cracking lets get capship smacking.

xrook

Post by xrook » Mon, 14. Sep 15, 23:04

did you just read the 'known issues'? did you actually read what i just wrote about the dock and hailstorm? about the reason why i separated the weapons into 2 categories? are you aware that missiles also exists?

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Tue, 15. Sep 15, 02:00

Hi i did and sorry meant to say will give it a try when finished and yes i do use missiles and as for the rest i'm getting by.

xrook

Post by xrook » Wed, 16. Sep 15, 12:48

update 1.19

-renamed Hailstorm to Lightning Surge (hailstorm already taken ingame)
-renamed Bone Shredder to Sunblast Flak PPC
-reverted Plasma Cannon Mk3 animation back from simultanious shot to alternating fire
-slightly decreased the range of primary weapons
-adjusted particle repeater's normal damage:direct hull damage ratio
-Sunblast Flak PPC Mk upgrades now have a slight increase in range and accuracy instead of being static
-reduced CPHIVI/MA's muzzle effect size
-fixed muzzle effect of inertial hammer not firing on 2 barrels
-changed inertial hammer's muzzle, impact, & bullet effect
-changed inertial hammer's Mk3 improvment from "unstable damage" to "increase overall performance"
-reduced inertial hammer's damage
-added new primary weapon - 2GMk#-Vulcan Repeater

xrook

Post by xrook » Sun, 20. Sep 15, 15:42

-Vulcan Repeater set revamped
-update on Vulcan Repeater's description
-reduced bahemoth capacity
-reduced dashing shield capacity
-small increase to dashing shield recharge rate
-added new engine - Archangel's HATE (High Accelration Type Engine)
-new barrel for plasma weapons
-reduced plasma repeater's muzzle effect size
-increased plasma repeater's cooling
-slight decrease in plasma repeater's bullet speed
-new double barrel for CPHIVI/MA
-CPHIVI/MA revamped (reduced damage but can now fire two shots before overheating with a 4 second cooldown each)
-changed barrel for Lightning Surge set

[ external image ]

xrook

Post by xrook » Wed, 23. Sep 15, 12:10

you guys have no youtube bbcode??
https://youtu.be/3I1MvT9pMKw

seeing movable parts of the ship feels soo satisfying...

(not yet available in current version)

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Wed, 23. Sep 15, 12:16

On the off chance it is helpful to mention, the existing beta has a change to the mechanic to the Skunk's beam weapon.
CBJ wrote: • RC 2 Fixed beam weapons not heating up over time (now with initial heat on first firing, feedback welcome).
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=355582

IIRC, the change was introduced in RC2 and the updated in RC3. Related file changes for all RCs:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=376956

xrook

Post by xrook » Wed, 23. Sep 15, 12:22

i tried to do the same thing aswel with this mod, instead having 2-3 beam shots and instantly overheat, i increased reload speed and decreased heat & damage per shot

but i hope they did a better version compared to what i did since thats the only thing i changed in that macro

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Wed, 23. Sep 15, 12:29

Due to beta-testing I had not tried your mod yet but nice idea to change that weapon.

The way it is working in the beta is that it is now a kind of hybrid between the old laser heating (leaps in heat gain) and the mechanic for other weapons (progressive heat gain).

When opening fire now, there is still an initial jump in heat (didn't measure but ~15-20% of the bar) and then it increases progressively while continuing to shoot. If stopping and starting, each re-fire has the initial jump. So basically, it retains a penalty on re-firing but then heats up in a fashion consistent with other Skunk weapons.

xrook

Post by xrook » Thu, 24. Sep 15, 14:17

found a bug, i cant buy the archangel engines, the 'buy' is grayed out

anyone know why?
__
EDIT: nevermind... im an idiot, i just lacked the funds to buy it

xrook

Post by xrook » Thu, 24. Sep 15, 23:25

wew finally updated the OP info on weapons

Version 1.35
-added additional thrusters to archangel engine
-changed ambient sound of archangel engine
-adjusted performance of archangel engine
-reduced size and repositioned launchers to finally get rid of that clipping
-fixed archangel MD not cueing
-adjusted heat/cooling ratio of pulse maser line
-increased plasma repeater's overheat capacity
-reduced plasma repeater's heat
-reverted plasma cannon's bullet speed to vanilla
-slightly reduced plasma cannon's damage

xrook

Post by xrook » Fri, 25. Sep 15, 16:21

Version O1.02 (optional files)
found another workaround to replace cockpits without having to start a new game, , just redock to a station and all will be fine

-please delete 'Plot_ep1_ch1.xml' inside the MD folder of my mod
-please delete 'gamestarts.xml' inside the libraries folder of my mod

xrook

Post by xrook » Fri, 25. Sep 15, 22:50

w.evans wrote:
xrook wrote:im incapable of doing that since scripting is beyond my reach

EDIT: the thought occurred to me, maybe someone who knows scripting could modify the script of the engineer where instead of replacing the cockpit, they could just replace the entire ship instead
Took a look, don't think it's possible with your present structure since you modify the player ship directly.

If there's a way to switch to (a) different macro(s), like how the cockpit changes are handled, shouldn't be a problem to go in the engineer script, look if that engineer's ship has a subordinate foltor, and switch to the foltor.

Not familiar enough with how the player ship is handled to be able to tell how the game knows which macro refers to the player ship, though.
i finally decided to try it, and it wont work. the game can let you change 'macro' but it wont let you change 'components'

i started with the hesus (trader's cockpit), went to a mechanic to replace my hesus to the current foltor raider (fighter's cockpit) and the result is im still piloting my hesus

once you started with the ship you have, THAT will be the ship you will have for the rest of the game

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Fri, 25. Sep 15, 23:00

bugger. oh well. was worth a shot.

xrook

Post by xrook » Mon, 28. Sep 15, 01:40

Version 1.45
-fixed vanilla issue where the missile lauchers of the skunk are swapped when using the builder's cockpit
-fixed the way how plasma weapons fires alternately
-reverted Plasma Cannon line back to simultanious fire
-Plasma Cannon mk3's muzzle effect size reduced
-Plasma Cannon mk3's bullet size reduced
-CPHIVI/MA Cannon's bullet size stretched and thinned to make it look more appropriate
-CPHIVI/MA Cannon's impact effect size reduced
-3.61 compatibility for the player mk3 beam
-reduced timediff from vulcan
-reverted archangel's yaw & pitch
-adjusted poor man's drone engine
-secondary weapons during campaign will not be sold by mechanics until the player obtained their first plasma cannon
-fixed campaign issue where vanilla MD when cued, it replaces my mods ware list

Grandsome
x4

Post by Grandsome » Mon, 28. Sep 15, 23:35

Excellent mod. Is there a way for you to fusion the mod with UTpivotfix since now the cockpit is actually at the center of the ship not offset like the original. (copying my comment on the nexus)
End of Line.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”