Need some help with stations and production planning.

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Araknis
x4

Need some help with stations and production planning.

Post by Araknis » Thu, 17. Sep 15, 19:54

I tried it in my 1st and 2nd run of the game and failed miserably mostly because i had to do too much stuff manually.
I wanna try again now but i m asking the experts for advice.
Most of my stations will be in DeVries (i know its dead but i wanna help the canterans). What should i build first and in what order so that i can make a self sustained production line there?
I found this:

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... sc&start=0

Although i m not sure if the info is still valid.
Also i m the type, set it and forget it player. Is this possible (even with mods) or i ll have to go back to the stations every other minute?

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Thu, 17. Sep 15, 20:08

Im using galaxy trader mod and it is pretty fun if you are rebuilding DV ;) Anyway Fusion Reacors are always good to build and ships will come and buy them in DV (if you have TO i think). I personally started with space fuel because uneverse cant get enough of it ;) From there i made money and started expand and build more stations.

Edit : I used OL stations for space fuel and with galaxy trader mod manager will send ships to buy what they need in OL so you don't need to manually trade anything. Also i use free jump drive mod becuse AI is too stupid when it comes to jump fuel efficiency ;)
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Fri, 18. Sep 15, 00:36

Priorities for DV station building:
  • Construction Shop for RMP
    Ship Tech Fab for Fusion Reactors
    Hi-Tech or Tech Lab for Bio-Optic Wiring
These 3 are your first priority, so you can build more stations. I've used Albion CVs because food rations are already available in DV, but you can use OL fabs if you like

Follow them by building their support stations:
  • Crystal Fab
    Cell Fab
    Metalworks Yard (you'll need more Refined Metals at this point)
    Foodstuffs Supply (for Spacefuel)
    Med Dispensary (for drugs as secondaries)
After that, see how the mood/resource status takes you :)
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Fri, 18. Sep 15, 01:39

I only build the URV Int Forge in Devries.
I build the Const Shop (RMP) and Ship Tech (Fusion Reactor) and High Tech/Tech lab (BOW) in Albion/Outlook Alpha/Empty zone, preferably North of Auspicious Excavation, near the highway from Even Temple (for ease of my personal visit).

Albion factories should have no trading ships. I do have a few Feldhem that mine the needed Ore/Silicon locally and deliver the load manually to the factories that need them. All resources for Factory construction, and all other resources for factory production, are bought from NPCs that would be happy to provide to me. As for NVidium, I buy them from Teladi Outpost using Maruader Phoenix. The thing is that at -20 rep with PMC, those Phoenix cannot cross Burried Treasure and Wreckville without losing Hull%. To circumvent that, I would arrange the Phoenix to transfer the goods to a Sanahar in an empty zone near the gate to TO. All URVs that I need are bought from LI in LO, or from TO Overwatch in Verdant Profit, using M. Phoenix, with the same transfer to civilian freighters at the same EMPTY zone.

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Fri, 18. Sep 15, 03:01

Problem with DV is that it don't have sink so everything needs to be exported manually if you want to make some money. Also OL and Albion ships will bring RMP,FR,PG...... It will take time but they will bring them. What DV don't get is weapon and drones from OL or Albion so you will need to get those. Anyway there is plenty food there so you should start building stations that is producing spices (they need them pretty bad). I built one of those floting meldown (whatever it is called) for spices and meat. From there you can close food gap and start building your stations.
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

TruePikachu
xr

Post by TruePikachu » Fri, 18. Sep 15, 04:31

<shameless plug>
May I point out 'station-info.txt' over at https://github.com/TruePikachu/stationDump/releases? I've already summarized what every station does, in order to plan Devries.
Unless otherwise stated, statements I make about the core game are surmised from observation of behavior.
I've only played Rebirth; my knowledge of the lore is mainly from TVTropes.

Gligli
x3ap

Post by Gligli » Fri, 18. Sep 15, 08:51

I think that most of things has been said...
We shall insist on RMP as
Snafu_X3 wrote:
It's always a good idea to provide Drones to shipyards after that.

If you wants to look closely before building, you can analyse offer and demand on trade menu, as it indicates precisely sectors...
In example(ship IZ), a lot of 0-X -65% sell entries for a single ware indicates that you can largely buy this product here without producing it.
Inversely, a lot of buys entry 0-X +65% indicates a huge demand here
X-X are outsourced things

But maybe an 0-X -65% offer can find an outsourced client? That way, you'll see that RMP can quite easily been made by NPC with the delivery of refines materials for ex...

I don't think that it will be easy to be at 100% place and forget... To me, the plot's URV factory is a proof.
On se rend vers la connaissance avec circonspection.
c.a.d, avec un immense respect et la peur au ventre.

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Fri, 18. Sep 15, 19:39

You are forgetting about sink and that every 3 hours shipyard builds ship in DV ;) So even if you build all of those stations you will have problems selling stuff . Even half finished Construction Shop is overkill for DV economy. So my point is unless you use mods there is no point building empire there. You will spend all that time building and find your self in dead end (unless you like manually trading 100 ships at time all the time ) :p

TruePikachu
xr

Post by TruePikachu » Fri, 18. Sep 15, 20:25

I believe that, in the end, the only two sinks which matter are ship and station construction. Everything else will produce some sort of good (which does, believe it or not, include the DV hab units - they produce IIRC a lesser amount of food than they consume, which can result in them getting jammed (I can verify this through the game's XML files)), so it isn't a real sink.

When you limit your scope to just a single system, it might be that the so-called "universal traders" (who use the jumpgates) can provide a (much smaller) sink, by moving goods to other systems; this needs verification. In the end, however, in 3.60/3.61, the only sink you really have to worry about in DV is the shipyard.
Unless otherwise stated, statements I make about the core game are surmised from observation of behavior.
I've only played Rebirth; my knowledge of the lore is mainly from TVTropes.

Araknis
x4

Post by Araknis » Fri, 18. Sep 15, 20:51

Thank you all very much for the input, its priceless.
What about the trade mods? (set it and forget it)
I see these in mod forum as working with current patch

3.60 Debug Albion Trade Station (FindolCaleb / populus_silvae)
3.61 RC1 Debug Galaxy Station Range (YorrickVander)
3.61 RC1 Debug TAF (TheRealBix)
3.61 RC1 Debug Yet Another Trader (YorrickVander)

So Nikola515 i assume you use The Galaxy Station Range?

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Sat, 19. Sep 15, 00:59

Im using galaxy stations range from Yorrick and it works pretty good.... Only problem is managers are too stupid when it comes to fuel efficiency so you might need free fuel mod.

Gligli
x3ap

Post by Gligli » Sat, 19. Sep 15, 02:59

Nikola515 wrote:You are forgetting about sink and that every 3 hours shipyard builds ship in DV ;) So even if you build all of those stations you will have problems selling stuff . Even half finished Construction Shop is overkill for DV economy. So my point is unless you use mods there is no point building empire there. You will spend all that time building and find your self in dead end (unless you like manually trading 100 ships at time all the time ) :p
Sure, sorry. I forget to mention that, personally, I'll start to build in DV only after considering the others sectors with enough of my own stations. :) (and money :) )
in fact I did spend just the time needed to build the forge and the 2 foundries in DV, so I don't know much about DV. But that shall not be a sector where you could place and forget, I think.
And you can momentarily abandon the URV forge in DV once the plot stated the next step...
On se rend vers la connaissance avec circonspection.
c.a.d, avec un immense respect et la peur au ventre.

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Sat, 19. Sep 15, 03:14

Actually DV is one of best sectors to build your empire (for me personally). It is safe (after plot) and it have everything it needs. Energy/food is cheap so you can run your stations and make money easy. Ships are cheap and useful... Only problem is that you need to micromanage everything when it comes selling your stuff to other systems. Thats why i use galaxy trader to sell my goods. I have over 40 stations at this point and im making killing :D Also helping Terrans is good too ;)

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”