Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Post Reply
User avatar
ltdan81
Posts: 117
Joined: Thu, 23. Feb 12, 17:35
x3ap

Post by ltdan81 » Tue, 15. Sep 15, 03:48

artisauce wrote:
ltdan81 wrote:
artisauce wrote:J
Weaponized Plutarch Tractor System: This, basically. I found out when settling in my home sector, an asteroid a bit too close to an SCH started to hurt it. I tried it with the Phanon HQ. Needed about 6 asteroids in the same spot to have a decent rate of damage to destroy it in a meaningful time. Against Capital ships, it traps them inside the asteroid, and they bump it from within until they kill themselves. Works on OCV stations as well. Probably a case of "okay how about you don't do that," maybe have a safeguard so you can't tele asteroids into an enemy sector that has enemies in it?
I didn't see the point in burning resources usining the PTS in this way until I was attempting to gain rep with the Yaki... I got lucky and had 3 protect missions available when i jumped into Weavers Tempest so I quickly saved and called in my TL to try this out.

Simply place the asteroid directly on the gate and then accept the missions.
All the ships will spawn inside the asteroid where they'll crush themselves. :)
Just remember to move the asteroid when you're done so you don't accidentally jump into it yourself later on. haha
Smart. Still, though, you miss out on the rep bonuses on killing the ships themselves. They don't count to you, they crashed into an asteroid. They also probably won't bail (unless they think the asteroid is quite a deadly threat and has a lot of combat strength compared to themselves ... which probably STILL doesn't count as those checks are likely not done while extreme-collision-melee is occurring.) Loot is viable, but you'll have to move the asteroid before getting it (or go OOS so your units can do their ghostly shenanigans.)

Also gotta wonder what advantages exist to be friends with the Yaki. They have sectors that isn't really paramount for my satellites to exist it, and they're isolated in a corner of the universe. Unless they got a kickass ship or some great benefit that comes along later... pirates, while enemies to everyone, seems like to have greater benefit to be friends with, as they have more intrusive sectors and a better economy that can be tapped into.

I also wonder if Litcube looked through my notes.
Oh, forgot to say that point of doing it this way is to not lose Rep with the attacker's race...Yaki only have Paranid attack them.

Obviously you miss out on bonus gains but i prefer that to bonus losses with the Paranid, Yaki, and Pirates. lol I might turn on the pirates later, but it makes the early game soooo much easier to keep them happy.

BTW, rep is easy to gain for several races with strategic Lasertower deployments...
Spoiler
Show
Argon = Getsu Fune, Black Hole Sun
Boron = Menelaus's Paradise
Split = Zyarth's Dominion, Thyn's Abyss
Teladi = Grand Exchange, Bright Profit, Scale Plate Green, Eighteen Billion
Terran = Oort Cloud
Pirates = Nopileos's Memorial, Lost Order

These sectors also have frequent protect and patrol missions against xenon

Also fighting OCV in the Omicron channel give good rep... (vanilla LT's won't do much for you here)

User avatar
ltdan81
Posts: 117
Joined: Thu, 23. Feb 12, 17:35
x3ap

Post by ltdan81 » Tue, 15. Sep 15, 04:00

THE_WESTi wrote:My tug dumps all ships before docking (and they subsequently dock at the same dock). Is there anyway i can stop this? I want the ships to stay docked to the tug as it has marines onboard that fix them up (using marines training script). It definitely dumped the ship before I installed the marines training script too so it is not that effecting it (maybe what is happening is intentional anyway).

My tug is an M1 Xenon J if that matters.
I just changed mine so the marines would also repair ships at the same player owned dock. ;P

Why are you using an M1 for a tug? It seems like a waste of valuable firepower... I use two Chokaros and an Oziaz which works out nicely. I also have an Aran that I'll use the tug command on if I have a few big ships to pick up, I don't leave it on because it keeps being sent to pick up M5's even when both TM's are waiting. LOL Don't know if there's a limit to how many ships can be running the TuG command at the same time but I haven't needed more than these 4.

Another script tweak I made was to reduce the requirements for the carrier docking so it works on TM's... It's pretty cool to see them zipping around on SETA beaming in ships. ;P
Last edited by ltdan81 on Wed, 16. Sep 15, 05:42, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
artisauce
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue, 25. Aug 15, 22:28

Post by artisauce » Tue, 15. Sep 15, 04:04

ltdan81 wrote: Oh, forgot to say that point of doing it this way is to not lose Rep with the attacker's race...Yaki only have Paranid attack them.

Obviously you miss out on bonus gains but i prefer that to bonus losses with the Paranid, Yaki, and Pirates. lol I might turn on the pirates later, but it makes the early game soooo much easier to keep them happy.

BTW, rep is easy to gain for several races with strategic Lasertower deployments...
Spoiler
Show
Argon = Getsu Fune, Black Hole Sun
Boron = Menelaus's Paradise
Split = Zyarth's Dominion, Thyn's Abyss
Teladi = Grand Exchange, Bright Profit, Scale Plate Green, Eighteen Billion
Terran = Oort Cloud
Pirates = Nopileos's Memorial, Lost Order

These sectors also have frequent protect and patrol missions against xenon

Also fighting OCV in the Omicron channel give good rep... (vanilla LT's won't do much for you here)
I managed to get all of my Terran/ATF rep by placing laser towers at Jupiter 3 and Heretics End, all the way to level 10 (thus begins a new era of Valhallas!)

This is also a good way to get -5 with the pirates.

Cryonist
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri, 4. May 12, 00:08
x3ap

Post by Cryonist » Tue, 15. Sep 15, 12:22

I found a bug. When using the remote place station command on a TL to place a station when out of sector the station dissapears. The mission completes but the station cannot be found in the system afterwards. Placing stations while in sector works normally.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
Posts: 20926
Joined: Fri, 16. Apr 04, 19:21
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 15. Sep 15, 16:03

@ Cryonist: A known and reported issue with LU remote order building - the station is probably in the sector where the TL was when the order was first given and not in the target sector.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Cryonist
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri, 4. May 12, 00:08
x3ap

Post by Cryonist » Tue, 15. Sep 15, 16:18

Alan Phipps wrote:@ Cryonist: A known and reported issue with LU remote order building - the station is probably in the sector where the TL was when the order was first given and not in the target sector.
Thanks for your reply. I'll check if the station is in another system. Honestly thats not a big concern as long as its somewhere 'enriching the economy' of my game and I don't have to jump to the sectors for placing stuff every time its fine.

Feature request: In addition to "Show/Hide Traders" and "Show/Hide Security" keybind options for the property menu I would like to request a third option: "Show/Hide Miners".
As a workaround I currently use set "Show fighters" to 'No'. This works because I only bought the M3 miners and the only other fighters I use (Kestrel with remote claim software and personal M3) are docked at my TM so still easily accessible.

zanosg
Posts: 141
Joined: Sat, 27. Jun 15, 07:20
x3ap

Post by zanosg » Wed, 16. Sep 15, 09:22

Can anyone explain to me Automatic Laser Switching? As far as I understand it a ship will only switch lasers depending on the distance of the target. Correct?

Also under this there is Allow Area Effect Lasers. What does this do?

I have enabled Auto Laser Switching and Allow Area Effect Lasers but none of my ships seem to switch lasers.

User avatar
artisauce
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue, 25. Aug 15, 22:28

Post by artisauce » Wed, 16. Sep 15, 22:26

zanosg wrote:Can anyone explain to me Automatic Laser Switching? As far as I understand it a ship will only switch lasers depending on the distance of the target. Correct?

Also under this there is Allow Area Effect Lasers. What does this do?

I have enabled Auto Laser Switching and Allow Area Effect Lasers but none of my ships seem to switch lasers.
I think it's a hard-coded artifact of Vanilla laser switching. Whether it's still viable, usable, or even effective in LU, I have yet to test and determine.

I'd use MARS, but LU doesn't have support for it. :evil:


zanosg
Posts: 141
Joined: Sat, 27. Jun 15, 07:20
x3ap

Post by zanosg » Wed, 16. Sep 15, 22:42

artisauce wrote:
zanosg wrote:Can anyone explain to me Automatic Laser Switching? As far as I understand it a ship will only switch lasers depending on the distance of the target. Correct?

Also under this there is Allow Area Effect Lasers. What does this do?

I have enabled Auto Laser Switching and Allow Area Effect Lasers but none of my ships seem to switch lasers.
I think it's a hard-coded artifact of Vanilla laser switching. Whether it's still viable, usable, or even effective in LU, I have yet to test and determine.

I'd use MARS, but LU doesn't have support for it. :evil:
It worked in vanilla perfectly fine. I mean Auto Laser Switching did. I dont know about the "Allow Area Effect Lasers" as I never had it on.

zanosg
Posts: 141
Joined: Sat, 27. Jun 15, 07:20
x3ap

Post by zanosg » Wed, 16. Sep 15, 22:46

BlackArchon wrote:Then use Smart Turrets, god damnit!
Does Smart Turrets switches lasers depending on the type of target? For example, if it destroys M2 with PPC will it switch to FAA to attack fighters?


User avatar
artisauce
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue, 25. Aug 15, 22:28

Post by artisauce » Wed, 16. Sep 15, 23:17

zanosg wrote:
BlackArchon wrote:Then use Smart Turrets, god damnit!
Does Smart Turrets switches lasers depending on the type of target? For example, if it destroys M2 with PPC will it switch to FAA to attack fighters?
Question of the day. It says that it evaluates and switches targets, whether it evaluates based on current weapons or what it has in storage is unknown.

Edit: Ninja'd.

User avatar
Zaitsev
Posts: 1951
Joined: Tue, 2. Dec 08, 02:00
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Thu, 17. Sep 15, 02:20

zanosg wrote:I dont know about the "Allow Area Effect Lasers" as I never had it on.
Area effect lasers probably refer to the Phased Shockwave Generator, as it affects a huge area in the vanilla game and can wreak havoc on anything within range. This can cause friendly fire left and right, so having the opportunity to turn it off is kinda nice to have if you're cruising through friendly space and run into a pirate wing or something.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

zanosg
Posts: 141
Joined: Sat, 27. Jun 15, 07:20
x3ap

Post by zanosg » Thu, 17. Sep 15, 07:11

Zaitsev wrote:
zanosg wrote:I dont know about the "Allow Area Effect Lasers" as I never had it on.
Area effect lasers probably refer to the Phased Shockwave Generator, as it affects a huge area in the vanilla game and can wreak havoc on anything within range. This can cause friendly fire left and right, so having the opportunity to turn it off is kinda nice to have if you're cruising through friendly space and run into a pirate wing or something.
Oh I know. I had Deimos with Phased Shockwave Generator in every turret. I never used it in friendly sectors.

Post Reply

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”