General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

NEWS: Announcing X Rebirth 3.60

Post by CBJ » Wed, 2. Sep 15, 14:16

Our newest update for X Rebirth, 3.60, is now available to everyone! It includes several handy improvements and the usual array of fixes, as well as an experimental new flight mode that we'd like everyone's feedback on.

Take a look at the video we've made to accompany this update to find out more, and to get a few hints on our future plans.

Melfior
x4

Post by Melfior » Wed, 2. Sep 15, 16:19

Awesome! Thanks! I'm glad to hear that Egosoft continues to create new features and games (in the future).

dizzibits

Post by dizzibits » Wed, 2. Sep 15, 17:01

Hi CBJ,

Thank you for the update!

May I send out a request/hope that something can be done with the text size when using high resolutions. I have a 3840 x 2160 display, and suffice to say that playing at native resolution in Rebirth (and X3!) is very difficult.

The cleaner menus have improved things.

Thanks again :)

Senner

Post by Senner » Wed, 2. Sep 15, 18:09

Great news.

Looking forward to updates and DLC. :)

Artean
x4

Post by Artean » Wed, 2. Sep 15, 18:11

Great work Egosoft!
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

jannix
x4

Post by jannix » Wed, 2. Sep 15, 20:49

Great work guys! And nice to see a quick glimpse into future ES plans. :)

MAUCorp
x3tc

Post by MAUCorp » Thu, 3. Sep 15, 00:26

Great news! Hoping everyone at Egosoft had an enjoyable holiday and well deserved break.

Cataclysm Effect
xr

Post by Cataclysm Effect » Thu, 3. Sep 15, 02:47

Can't wait to jump in and see what is new in the game 8)
Will you be adding the ability to sell or salvage stations you have no use for? I would also like the ability to destroy enemy stations

CharlieChop
x4

Post by CharlieChop » Thu, 3. Sep 15, 04:21

Sounds great! Best of luck in your endeavors!! ill start a small piggy to save up for the next game/Mayor update.

please take into consideration sooo many things ppl wanted in XR but weren't there. xD proper fleet comand, capital ship bridges, being able to fly any ship etc.

make a checklist.....xD

jeroll3d
x3ap

Post by jeroll3d » Thu, 3. Sep 15, 10:24

Very nice guys.

Thanks. :)
Entusiasta da série X3! The best game.

hartza76
x4

Post by hartza76 » Thu, 3. Sep 15, 17:00

Nice that this is finaly official. Was really good changes how trade ships traded lot faster in beta <3 totaly loved it.

ThommoHawk
x4

Post by ThommoHawk » Sat, 5. Sep 15, 05:54

Dear Egosoft. Nice update.

But when will Egosoft enable manual joystick flight control for the player ship while menus and maps are up? Instead the flight contols lock up. This game still sucks for me because of this oversight. Joystick flight control simultaneously while menus and maps are displayed have been available in all XUniverse games since XTension, except for in X Rebirth.

Because of this the XRebirth player ship is still just a dummy ship, after all this time. I can steer my car with the gps on, and the radio on etc, without locking up the steering wheel, who the hell neglected this in making this game?

Please Egosoft, if it is not possible for you to enable this then please just tell me so I can move on.

sincerely yours,

T.Hawk.
[XTrilogy]: Holy Argnu cows! I have found it! An asteroid of pure ore - 100% - I am rich! Now, I just need to find one like that made from silicon. hmmm, where do I want to go today?
X REBIRTH? "JUST A TOURIST until X4 IS RELEASED! Because That SUPERNOVA sure went FUBAR" (Quoting T.Hawk. Read all about it at: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=353678) :x3:

tresstarling
x3ap

Post by tresstarling » Sat, 5. Sep 15, 06:11

ThommoHawk wrote:Dear Egosoft. Nice update.

But when will Egosoft enable manual joystick flight control for the player ship while menus and maps are up? Instead the flight contols lock up. This game still sucks for me because of this oversight. Joystick flight control simultaneously while menus and maps are displayed have been available in all XUniverse games since XTension, except for in X Rebirth.

Because of this the XRebirth player ship is still just a dummy ship, after all this time. I can steer my car with the gps on, and the radio on etc, without locking up the steering wheel, who the hell neglected this in making this game?

Please Egosoft, if it is not possible for you to enable this then please just tell me so I can move on.

sincerely yours,

T.Hawk.
yeah that would be dangerous

donb-baker
x3

Post by donb-baker » Wed, 9. Sep 15, 15:26

Lockup is a minor thing to me. In general I enjoy the game.
Good work Egosoft.

unknown1
x4

Post by unknown1 » Wed, 9. Sep 15, 15:48

A week since this post and only 13 comments. I remember the glory days of X3 when new patches and news about the game generated hundreds of comments in the first week alone.
I hope this rings a bell in egosoft's heads as to how to aproach future games.

surferx
x4

Post by surferx » Wed, 9. Sep 15, 16:23

unknown1 wrote:A week since this post and only 13 comments. I remember the glory days of X3 when new patches and news about the game generated hundreds of comments in the first week alone.
I hope this rings a bell in egosoft's heads as to how to aproach future games.
His mention of a new game with the ability to fly all ships is evidence that a bell has been rung. The sooner they move away from this failed game and back to popular features that have worked well before, the sooner egosoft will be on the way to new "glory days."
I'm still waiting, and will be back on board when that comes about.
If you want to go fast, go alone.
If you want to go far, go together.

Operating System:
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit CPU: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KF RAM: 32606 MBytes MBO: Gigabyte Z790 UD AC (U3E1) GPU: ZOTAC GEFORCE RTX 4080 Trinity OC NVIDIA 16 GB GDDR6 SSD: AJP600M2TB 1907 GB

unknown1
x4

Post by unknown1 » Wed, 9. Sep 15, 19:09

I feel you man, I feel you. Also, long time no see :)

Runner
x3

Post by Runner » Fri, 11. Sep 15, 17:13

Very true. I was very surprised to see so few comments in here. Very sad to see such a beloved game get into such a dip.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Fri, 11. Sep 15, 17:18

There were only 22 replies, total, in the thread announcing the last update to X3AP so I suspect there is some conflation* going on.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=343872

* Word chosen carefully to try and acknowledged that the memory you have may not be incorrect, just potentially directed at the wrong specific topic.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 11. Sep 15, 20:32

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:There were only 22 replies, total, in the thread announcing the last update to X3AP so I suspect there is some conflation* going on.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=343872...
And to be fair, that update was released a mere 2 months prior to Rebirth's release, so most players were focused on the new game. And there's also the fact that it was a very minor release with the biggest features being updated localisations for various languages. Not really very much to talk about, was there? :wink:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”