[MOD] Miscellaneous IZ Combat Tweaks

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Wed, 19. Aug 15, 15:55

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:I guess recent candidates from Conquest and War in Rebirth! mod would be the new CV system for making stations, and/or outposts based on the PMC Overwatch (which I could imagine isn't a proper station in the regular sense).
The overwatch is a proper station, although it lacks some elements other stations have for more firepower but nothing what could cause this...
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Wed, 19. Aug 15, 16:32

I thought I had read it didn't have a docking bay and since NPCs normally go there, I could imagine strangeness unfolding. Still, I guess even if it doesn't in vanilla, it could have in the mod. If one was added, maybe that is a source of errors?

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Wed, 19. Aug 15, 17:54

Oh, crap. Windows 10 just downloaded an update, dated 19th August, marked Cumulative Update (KB3081444), and now it looks like it royally screwed something in X:R. Effect is that NONE of the ai scripts are firing, and EVERYONE is showing command: none.

Could someone who does not have that update (windows 10 without the update, or someone on windows 7) please verify that ships in their game are functioning normally? Would at least confirm that it does have something to do with the update, rather than me seriously screwing up.

edit: that was eerie. Reloaded, and everything's running normally again. Makes me wish I had taken the time to look around a bit, before rushing in here and issuing this post.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 19. Aug 15, 18:14

I can go online to apply this update now if you like? This PC has been offline for a few days. Have been playing fine up to now.

Note: I have update KB3081338 requesting a restart...must have been applied when I was last online last week.

To be clear: my game is running just fine without update KN3081444, I'm happy to apply it to confirm/disprove your suspicions.

Scoob.

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Wed, 19. Aug 15, 18:24

Hi Scoob,

thanks, but appears to have been a weird one-off glitch. Validating game cache via steam turned up no missing files, and just starting the game again seems to have made everything work again. Really weird, but since it just stopped, and is now working again, no idea what caused it.

Have to say, though, felt like one of those old twilight zone episodes. The one where everyone in the world was frozen in place.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 19. Aug 15, 18:44

Cool. I'll hold off doing the updates and keep playing for a bit then :)

Scoob.

iWARR

Post by iWARR » Wed, 19. Aug 15, 18:51

The one where everyone in the world was frozen in place.
I'm thought it's my saves has been screwed up completely. If I load previous save, it's Ok ultil I save the new one. The new save always have frozen ships and "no command" everywere.
Win8.1 [x64]. How to fix this "frozen" bug?

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Wed, 19. Aug 15, 19:07

Hey iWARR, no idea, unfortunately. Only ever happened once; and that one time, it looked like the game engine completely freaked out. Debuglog was showing basic attributes such as list and group registering as unknown attributes, and all of the ai scripts, including the vanilla ones, did not load. At least, from your report, assuming that it's the same problem, we can cautiously rule out windows 10.

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Wed, 19. Aug 15, 19:35

WARNING: Managed to repro the twilight zone problem a couple of posts above. Cause is sadly the UniBar: our abuse of unknown characters was causing corrupted saves.

MICT 0.29.1 and 0.30

ARE TOXIC!

My apologies for this. Didn't think to save and reload since I was testing AI and displays. Am presently working toward rolling back the UniBar. Please roll back to MICT 0.28, and MOCT 0.19 until I can update.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 19. Aug 15, 19:50

Thanks for the warning.

Maybe I've just been lucky, but I've saved / reloaded a number of times since updating without any issues. My ships have engaged in combat too. Am I just on borrowed time heading towards an inevitable corrupted save?

I can roll-back to the version you suggest quite easily, so no problem.

Scoob.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Wed, 19. Aug 15, 19:53

No prob. I had the "command: none" thing last time I played with the Unibar too but at the time, I didn't attribute it to a particular mod and was gonna reload. Well spotted!

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 19. Aug 15, 20:10

Off-Topic, but might potentially cause problems in modded games...

Did anyone else just have a 20.8mb update applied to Rebirth? I went online in Steam - first time in a couple of days - and it updated. Nothing mentioned on the Beta forum.

Scoob.

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Wed, 19. Aug 15, 20:19

No new updates in the patch notes, although it could just mean that CBJ's running unusually late. Or maybe 3.60 went live?

Really sorry for this bug, by the way. Managed to fix it in my game. (Wasn't enough to just not have it display. Had to completely cut out the node that generated the UniBar string.) Fixing the files for release now.

In preparation, for those of you who have already updated to the very latest versions of MICT and MOCT (0.30 and 0.22 respectively), please delete the folders:

\w.e_mict\t\

and

\w.e_moc-t\t\

and the files:

\w.e_mict\subst_01.cat
\w.e_mict\subst_01.dat

\w.e_moc-t\subst_01.cat

and

\w.e_moc-t\subst_01.dat

They won't cause any problems, but are now superfluous. Problem with the nexus uploads is that I can add files to your installations of the two mods, but can't delete them.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 19. Aug 15, 20:22

UniTrader wrote:
Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:I guess recent candidates from Conquest and War in Rebirth! mod would be the new CV system for making stations, and/or outposts based on the PMC Overwatch (which I could imagine isn't a proper station in the regular sense).
The overwatch is a proper station, although it lacks some elements other stations have for more firepower but nothing what could cause this...
It might be the outposts getting blown up then (They use xenon like defense officers and such which are created when they are)

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Wed, 19. Aug 15, 20:33

BlackRain wrote:
UniTrader wrote:
It might be the outposts getting blown up then (They use xenon like defense officers and such which are created when they are)
I knew it! The xenon are plying Rubini and BlackRain with synthi-SpaceFuel to get them to assimilate all of your conquests via Xenon-run Outposts! Har har.

Fix is done. Going through a last run to make sure didn't miss anything, then moving to upload.

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Wed, 19. Aug 15, 20:41

19.August 2015 - Miscellaneous IZ Combat Tweaks updated to v0.31

UniBar was causing serious problems. Removed it for now. :(

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 20. Aug 15, 00:10

Hey w.evans, I have noticed the Succellus using it's IHC cannon with MOCT, but I have yet to see the Succellus Vanguard do so which leads me to believe it might not be working on that ship. Can you think of any reason why?

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Thu, 20. Aug 15, 01:33

Could be that it's using the movement code for non-LR ships. Used to specify ships with range greater than 8000, but someone complained that the Xenon I was staying in stand-off range when it would be more effective at closer ranges, so narrowed it down to Sucellus and Balors. What's the macro? Also, if you have any other ships that you would like to use the LR movement code, you could give me their macro ids and I'll add them in.

That for the Sucellus is

macro.units_size_xl_red_destroyer_macro

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 20. Aug 15, 02:02

w.evans wrote:Could be that it's using the movement code for non-LR ships. Used to specify ships with range greater than 8000, but someone complained that the Xenon I was staying in stand-off range when it would be more effective at closer ranges, so narrowed it down to Sucellus and Balors. What's the macro? Also, if you have any other ships that you would like to use the LR movement code, you could give me their macro ids and I'll add them in.

That for the Sucellus is

macro.units_size_xl_red_destroyer_macro
Okay, some ships I would like to use the LR movement code

macro.units_size_xl_van_destroyer_macro

macro.units_size_l_player_harpy_macro

macro.units_size_l_missileb_01_macro

macro.units_size_l_dv_arb_new_defence_macro

macro.units_size_l_pir_besieger_frig_macro

First is the Succellus vanguard which definitely needs it.

The next three are all astrobee launcher based ships so I would think the LR code is better for that right?

The last uses HIVI turrets (like the xenon K). Probably should be LR too

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Thu, 20. Aug 15, 02:09

Sorry, should have gone into a little more detail.

The main differences between the LR code and the normal code is that LR ships face their target (rather than pointing the side that has the most turrets), and they use the range of their long-ranged weapons (primary and secondary rather than turrets) to determine optimal ranges. Since Astrobee launchers and HIVI are both turrets, I don't think you'll want them on the LR code. Unless you've modified them to use integrated launchers and fire forward?

Will go ahead and add:

macro.units_size_xl_van_destroyer_macro

but will wait for your go-ahead to release, in case you want the others added after all.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”