Capturing Xenon cap chips NOT!

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

JESS 246
x3

Capturing Xenon cap chips NOT!

Post by JESS 246 » Fri, 31. Jul 15, 05:09

Hi Egosoft and all.

I would like to capture Xenon cap ships as part of the game play without using any mods but that was not possible in past patches there were no docking ports on xenon ships.

Now in the 3.60 RC2 update game play i noticed that the Xenon cap ships now have a docking port but cant capture the K or I's as there's no boarding instruct in the boarding menu, so how is it that they have docks as though they can be captured if they still cant be boarded WHY haven't this been fixed.

In the past i used the Xenon hunt 2 mod and the Capture Xenon Destroyer mod had no problem in capturing xenon ships and i do not want to use them again as the Xenon hunt one causes the marine officers to disappear after each capture and the Capture Xenon Destroyer one don't work with the 3.60 RC2.

Lander1979
x4

Post by Lander1979 » Sat, 1. Aug 15, 08:51

Using Xenon tech is like playing with fire near a fuel tank, It's a bad idea...
0101...0011...0011...0101...2!

kelmenwong
x3tc

Post by kelmenwong » Sun, 2. Aug 15, 04:45

what to fix? remove the landing platform?

in lore, xenon ship is never designed for pilot

u should ask for fix in mod, or request a mod for it

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Sun, 2. Aug 15, 17:09

Hi kelmenwong

Did you read the pat in my post about the mods i did use one was called Capture Xenon Destroyer but this seems to have stop working and the other Xenon hunt 2 that screws up the marine officer as i said in first post.

And as i said why is there a dock if you can't capture or board and in what you say which i understand then why are there docks on the xenon stations then in the planting bombs on the xenon station mission and why can we clam and pilot the fighters when they are abandoned.

The logic don't compute If the xenon are a antomnist A.I. robot race of drone ships and stations therefor there would be as you say no cockpits or landing pads then why can we clam and pilot the xenon fighters and land on their stations.

In the real world plaines have auto pilots yet still have cockpits and pilots and now in design phase driverless cars yet you still sit in the driving seat behind the wheel, so on comparison the xenon structure would have allowed for this therefor we would be able to board, land, capture, pilot and control.

The fact is all ships in game should be capturable even xenon and if as said they being robot drone like then on their capture they get their A.I. reprogramed and controlled like the URV drones via the Defence officer or ship/station they are assigned to.

XenonSurf
x2

Post by XenonSurf » Sun, 2. Aug 15, 19:56

In vanilla, I'm afraid Ego will never allow this. Time ago they even got crazy when a player said to be doing missions for the Xenons :) It turned out that he used a mod.
So, no, don't hope for this. Also: there are better ships around to take, if anything it would be intereting to build a Xenon station, but no go.

XenonS

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Mon, 3. Aug 15, 03:36

OK all will forget about capturing xenon cap ships.

Daft not to a ship is a ship if you can capture it.

kelmenwong
x3tc

Post by kelmenwong » Mon, 3. Aug 15, 10:58

if u are the xenon ai, building ur xenon ship, do u build a cockpit for pilot?

really?

btw, Did you read the part in my post about "u should ask for fix in mod, or request a mod for it"

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 4. Aug 15, 00:09

I don't get how this is a Tech Support issue. :?

Moving to main forum.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Tue, 4. Aug 15, 04:11

Hi Nanook

Before 3.60 beta's there was no docks on xenon cap ships and now they have in 3.60+

I asked why have the Xenon cap ships got docking bays if you can't board to capture them i thought it was a error in the update i wasn't getting the board text in the boarding menu that's why it here.

linolafett
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by linolafett » Tue, 4. Aug 15, 09:29

The xenon L (k) was last exported in november '14, the XL (i) in july '14. Therefore no asset change regarding added docks for this patch.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Tue, 4. Aug 15, 14:02

I agree, they should be boardable and should bail.
Xenon stations have interiors, so capships should have them too. Dropping marines there, fighting the security turrets and traps, and hacking the core should work.

Also - it's additional variety, challange and goals for the game. Doesn't harm!

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Tue, 4. Aug 15, 14:17

kelmenwong wrote:if u are the xenon ai, building ur xenon ship, do u build a cockpit for pilot?

really?
It would make sense in a strange way, though: Xenon were initially terraformers for humans, and were thus programmed to make stuff viable for humans. Ship bridges may be a derelict residue from that part of their program. After all, as Earth Ultimatum said, their station do have viable interiors.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

linolafett
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by linolafett » Tue, 4. Aug 15, 14:22

The xenon station in the plot has an interior, because it was once a argon station which was conquered by the xenon.
The pure xenon station in the teladi outpost has no interiors.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Tue, 4. Aug 15, 14:28

From X3 Albion Prelude, about the Xenon i:
This powerful destroyer has not been seen anywhere before. It closely follows the standard Xenon design principles, and appears to be a direct response to recent developments in the super-heavy destroyer field. The exact power and threat levels of this ship are not known, but it is advised to run as far away as possible at the first sight of this ship. Like all other Xenon ships, it still contains a redundant crew deck, theoretically enabling living creatures to pilot it.
Yes, this again :)

Also, in X Tension and X2 The Threat, we could capture Xenon ships and they had cockpits just like any other ships.

From the perspective of lore, there isn't anything that would stop Egosoft from making Xenon ships capturable and usable, in my opinion.

Maybe they just don't feel like creating a different landing pad model?

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Tue, 4. Aug 15, 14:30

Thanks for the additional lore.

I'll go bury my shattered theories... (and then come back with more of the stuff XD)
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Arkangel1981

Post by Arkangel1981 » Tue, 4. Aug 15, 15:19

and let's not forget the economic reason , are credits to our war machine

jkflipflop98
x4

Post by jkflipflop98 » Tue, 4. Aug 15, 22:19

Yeah, I still don't agree at all. Xenon have completely redesigned themselves through iteration at this point. A K is now a big space-bug (I really dig that new design, by the way). There would be no reason to include controls for humans anywhere in that superstructure. I don't even like that you can claim the two freebie N ships. There shouldn't even be room for a pilot.

However, I suppose there's room for some type of AI hacking device made out of salvaged xenon components or something. The split have that cloaking device thing that makes the Skunk want to start terraforming.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Tue, 4. Aug 15, 23:01

jkflipflop98 wrote:Yeah, I still don't agree at all. Xenon have completely redesigned themselves through iteration at this point. A K is now a big space-bug (I really dig that new design, by the way). There would be no reason to include controls for humans anywhere in that superstructure.
This.

I don't mind whether Egosoft make them boardable or not but just because they were boardable once, doesn't mean they have to be forever. Compare USS Enterptise today (carrier) to the fictional Kirk-mobile, or other cases of name-retention. Today's K is not yesterday's K.

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Tue, 4. Aug 15, 23:19

I'm of the mind that the Xenon would have eschewed human-centric controls and habitation in their ship designs very early in their evolution.

On the other hand, I do miss Xenon ships being the de facto "final boss" of boarding gameplay, as they were in TC/AP.

Even if they do lack formal bridges and crew quarters, I think it's reasonable to theorize that a person could hijack a Xenon vessel remotely and turn it into what is effectively a giant URV. It'd be great if XR (or subsequent games) took this into account, and made boarding Xenon ships possible, but radically different in practice compared to boarding other races' vessels. It would still begin by weakening the target through traditional ship-to-ship combat, but instead of sending marines to eliminate a non-existent crew, the boarding process against the Xenon would involve hacking into the ship's AI. Marine deployment and specialized hacking personnel and/or hardware would probably be required to establish a connection and facilitate the hacking process.

SyberSmoke
x4

Post by SyberSmoke » Wed, 5. Aug 15, 01:59

Earth Ultimatum IV. wrote:From X3 Albion Prelude, about the Xenon i:
This powerful destroyer has not been seen anywhere before. It closely follows the standard Xenon design principles, and appears to be a direct response to recent developments in the super-heavy destroyer field. The exact power and threat levels of this ship are not known, but it is advised to run as far away as possible at the first sight of this ship. Like all other Xenon ships, it still contains a redundant crew deck, theoretically enabling living creatures to pilot it.
Yes, this again :)

Also, in X Tension and X2 The Threat, we could capture Xenon ships and they had cockpits just like any other ships.

From the perspective of lore, there isn't anything that would stop Egosoft from making Xenon ships capturable and usable, in my opinion.

Maybe they just don't feel like creating a different landing pad model?
First off they said "Theoretically", not in practice. That deck could be like a vestigial organ for the Zenon, it does nothing and is not maintained in any way and may not even have power or access to critical systems.

Second, Egosoft makes the lore, they are not beholden to it. If they say in the years after the gate shut down, that the Zenon evolved further and we can no longer capture them, then that is now the lore...period.

Really it is like telling the writer of a book he was wrong because he killed off the main character in the end and you just don't like it. No, you can not capture Zenon ships any more...end of story.

Now go out and blow the darn things up.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”