SETA tweak?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

oHmY

SETA tweak?

Post by oHmY » Mon, 27. Jul 15, 19:32

N00b here. Apologies if I'm in the wrong place or if the solution to my issue has an obvious solution that I've overlooked.

I find it frustrating that SETA deactivates every time I click a menu, or after each jump when I've set up a flight path that spans several sectors.

- Is there a solution for this issue in a script or mod?
- More embarrassingly, but still desireable, a readily available in-game solution.
ΩI
"A-T-F... Muh Jolnir" - X3 Computer Lady. LOL

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 27. Jul 15, 19:36

Nope, it's hardcoded, you cannot change it.

oHmY

Post by oHmY » Mon, 27. Jul 15, 19:37

I appreciate the fast response.

Ok. If modding and scripting SETA directly is out, how about any solution whatsoever. I'm not very tech savvy, so I don't know... 3rd party software? Something quick and dirty that could enter the command "If just exited gate, then activate SETA."

I know I'm reaching, but damnit if I don't think it's worth it.
ΩI

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Tue, 28. Jul 15, 01:34

You could probably do what you described if you mixed a bit of in game scripting with an autohotkey script, but in the end it is more trouble than it is worth since it would most likely be a fairly complicated script for a really simple task.

In game there is no real way of interacting with SETA using any of the tools that modders are provided.
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

oHmY

Post by oHmY » Tue, 28. Jul 15, 02:17

I can imagine. I'm pretty new and have already thought of a million different ways it could kill me as well.

Thanks for the help.
ΩI

zanosg
x3ap

Post by zanosg » Fri, 31. Jul 15, 16:37

Litcube Universe dosnt stop your SETA every time you hit a key or get scanned. Actually you can do 95% of the things in the game without stopping it.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”