[MOD] Ivanov's Custom Gamestarts!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

'Airstrike' Ivanov
x4

[MOD] Ivanov's Custom Gamestarts!

Post by 'Airstrike' Ivanov » Wed, 29. Jul 15, 03:18

HEY YOU! Yeah, you, with the skin and teeth! Not satisfied that there aren't any more X Rebirth game starts? No? Well, too bad, you're getting more anyway!

So far, just two, but more are coming!
  • Canteran Sergeant starts you in Darned Hot Air. You're somewhat friends with the Republic of Cantera and Heart of Albion, and Plutarch starts at -5. You start with a squad of four Hayabusa fighters to support you, a low-mid equipped Skunk and 200,000 credits.
  • Plutarch Captain starts you in Shady Vault, with reversed relations in comparison to the Canteran Sergeant start. You start with a Light Sul, a moderately well-armed Skunk and 75,000 credits.
Taking requests, criticism, bug reports, etc!

Get the mod now on Steam Workshop!

And a few hat tips:
  • Blackrain for helping with macros and general issues
  • euclid for debugging assistance
  • Observe for his Transcend mod code and mod guide
  • swatti and Scoob for suggesting some game starts
Last edited by 'Airstrike' Ivanov on Thu, 30. Jul 15, 22:24, edited 2 times in total.
You can find me here.
Steam Groups: Terran Conflict | Reunion | X2 | X-GOLD | (NEW!) X Rebirth

'Airstrike' Ivanov
x4

Post by 'Airstrike' Ivanov » Wed, 29. Jul 15, 03:29

Version 1.1 - WIP
  • Fixed minor typo in Plutarch Commander start
  • Added Friend of Albion start
  • Added What, Me Worry? start

Version 1.0 - Jul 28 2015
  • Original release
Last edited by 'Airstrike' Ivanov on Thu, 30. Jul 15, 22:21, edited 1 time in total.
You can find me here.

swatti
x4

Post by swatti » Thu, 30. Jul 15, 18:47

"Fleet commander"

LOTS of big capital ships, maxed out skunk, HUGE load of cashola ready for station building, albion and omicron CVs. Maxed out reputations.

A "quick-start" to try out how mods work without having to cheat loads of money, buy skunk mods and build a fleet. Or if you just wanna go have a big capital-ship battle somewhere for the fun of it.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Thu, 30. Jul 15, 20:49

Ah, good stuff! Will watch this thread and se if I get any ideas :)

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Thu, 30. Jul 15, 21:05

If you're open to suggestions, I'd love a game start that basically simulates a "plot complete" game. i.e. Plot URV Forge up and running in a relevant Zone with appropriate ships supplying it, keep the starting Rahanas hybrid as a "spare" ship for manual trading and have the plot Taranis as a military asset.

It'd also be good to have much of Albion and DeVries explored, along with a few Zones of Argon space and Trade Agents (if possible) on a few key resource stations.

Faction standings could maybe be DV and HoC allied with PMC an enemy.

I have always kept a post-plot save for when playing with new mods etc. However, ES's patching is still fairly frequent and my prior plot finish happened in v2.00. Additionally, some mods seem to prefer a restart to avoid potential glitches, so a start that already simulate a complete plot would be perfect.

No worries if this isn't something you'd enjoy working on, but thought I'd put it out there :)

Scoob.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Thu, 30. Jul 15, 21:28

It's what I'm considering Scoob :)

My currant 3.50 beta plot start is in DV with plot CV ready to deploy plot station but I have two stations under construction in DHA so it may be too advanced, and the new plot NPC shipyard didn't deploy yet. So I'm gonna see if I call roll back a couple of saves and blitz through if I can find that shipyard.

I could hoast an existing one for you on Saturday evening if you like?

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Thu, 30. Jul 15, 21:40

Scoob wrote:If you're open to suggestions, I'd love a game start that basically simulates a "plot complete" game. i.e. Plot URV Forge up and running in a relevant Zone with appropriate ships supplying it, keep the starting Rahanas hybrid as a "spare" ship for manual trading and have the plot Taranis as a military asset.

It'd also be good to have much of Albion and DeVries explored, along with a few Zones of Argon space and Trade Agents (if possible) on a few key resource stations.

I have always kept a post-plot save for when playing with new mods etc. However, ES's patching is still fairly frequent and my prior plot finish happened in v2.00. Additionally, some mods seem to prefer a restart to avoid potential glitches, so a start that already simulate a complete plot would be perfect.

No worries if this isn't something you'd enjoy working on, but thought I'd put it out there :)

Scoob.
I often use this gamestart if I want to simulate a plot-complete game. Never actually finished the plot, though, so no idea how well it approximates that.

'Airstrike' Ivanov
x4

Post by 'Airstrike' Ivanov » Thu, 30. Jul 15, 22:18

w.evans wrote:
Scoob wrote:If you're open to suggestions, I'd love a game start that basically simulates a "plot complete" game. i.e. Plot URV Forge up and running in a relevant Zone with appropriate ships supplying it, keep the starting Rahanas hybrid as a "spare" ship for manual trading and have the plot Taranis as a military asset.

Scoob.
I often use this gamestart if I want to simulate a plot-complete game. Never actually finished the plot, though, so no idea how well it approximates that.
Actually... you will laugh at this one...

I just created a plot start for CWIR. I omitted the Taranis because, well, at the first second of the game you don't need to be capable of taking out an entire zone. You get a Fedhelm instead, inspired by Yorrick's start. Otherwise, yeah, Yorrick's start is a pretty good approximation of how the player's assets are at the time of plot completion. I will include my own version of the completed-plot start, Friend of Albion in the next version. I want to make it a little different from the CWIR version is all, because the CWIR version is actually going to eventually have plot missions if I can figure everything out. Stay tuned!

Next:
swatti wrote:"Fleet commander"

LOTS of big capital ships, maxed out skunk, HUGE load of cashola ready for station building, albion and omicron CVs. Maxed out reputations.

A "quick-start" to try out how mods work without having to cheat loads of money, buy skunk mods and build a fleet. Or if you just wanna go have a big capital-ship battle somewhere for the fun of it.
Honestly? I'll see if I can do it, but it does seem rather cheaty and I like to create gamestarts that aren't super cheaty. But it does seem like the players of XR could use at least one gamestart for that kind of thing though! If I don't release it in this mod I may add it to my Cheat pack if I ever get around to that too. I tend to procrastinate too much. :D
You can find me here.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”