Happy 4th of July to all the Americans on the forum!

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Tracker001
x3tc

Post by Tracker001 » Sun, 5. Jul 15, 07:15

You tell us how it's working out for you guy's first please :wink:

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014 ... sity-study

Ya we still have some bad habits to break that came from across the pond :P

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Sun, 5. Jul 15, 12:15

Morkonan wrote:A Happy 4'th to my fellow 'Muricans!

And, a reminder to all of our brothers and sisters across the world that it is truly possible to fight and win liberation from the tyranny of English cuisine... :D
And yet you've chosen to ban Haggis, thus imposing your own culinary tyranny on your own people. :roll:
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

brucewarren
x3tc

Post by brucewarren » Sun, 5. Jul 15, 15:53

Ban Haggis hunting with kilts !!! What has the puir wee tim'rous beastie ever done to you :roll:

Skism
x3tc

Post by Skism » Sun, 5. Jul 15, 16:15

Happy Independence Day Americans!
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest."

-Thomas Paine-

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Mon, 6. Jul 15, 04:06

brucewarren wrote:Yet you still eat apple pie, so how are you free from English cuisine?
Because it doesn't have blood sausage, eel soup and kippers in it, that's how...
Stars_InTheirEyes wrote:And America then became one of the world's fattest countries. Rolling Eyes
How's that 'murican cuisine workin' for ya?
It's working awesome! You'll take our guns from us when you can pry them from our cold, pudgy, hands! :)
Rapier wrote:And yet you've chosen to ban Haggis, thus imposing your own culinary tyranny on your own people. :roll:
Actually, there's a restaurant a few blocks away from me that serves haggis. They've got shepherd's pie and other such "comfort foods" there, too! We're a nation of immigrants, except for the ones we don't want.. That goes the same for the food, too. :)

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Mon, 6. Jul 15, 17:34

I missed the July 4th fireworks, but saw some yesterday. Perhaps it's for those who didnt make it to july 4th?

Fireworks over reflecting river while driving on a bridge in a convertible. Good times 8)

brucewarren
x3tc

Post by brucewarren » Mon, 6. Jul 15, 18:59

Morkonan wrote:Because it doesn't have blood sausage, eel soup and kippers in it, that's how...
Yuck. Have you made enemies over here? People who don't like you? Because I can assure I've never encountered any of those ingredients when I've been eating apple pie.

Pastry, apples, sugar and sometimes people mix in other fruits, but I've never heard of anyone putting seafood in an apple pie before.

Return to “Off Topic English”