X2 The Threat. Bonus Pack CLS Mk1 Question

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Achedb0b

X2 The Threat. Bonus Pack CLS Mk1 Question

Post by Achedb0b » Mon, 29. Jun 15, 17:58

How in the witches mits do I use this thing.

I want my Biofuel station to supply my Bofu station.

I set a transport ships homebase to biofuel station.
I then use the additonal ship commands section to set it to supply the bofu station, a little sound plays.
I then press "start commodity logistics"

It just sits in the station "on standby" for a minute or 2 before the commands go back to "none"

What am I doing wrong?
If vodka was water and I was a duck, I'd swim to the bottom and never come up, but vodka's not water and I'm not a duck, so pass me the bottle and shut the фок up.

Achedb0b

How do I set up Transport between my factories so that they're supplying each other?

Post by Achedb0b » Mon, 29. Jun 15, 18:16

For X2 the threat

Commodity logistics software seems to not work.

All I want to do is tell a freighter to Go here, pick up the goods, come back and drop it off. without the exchange of credits, because it's from my own stations.

I've resorted to using the "buy ware..." command and setting it to the station is need's to be supplied from. But they need to actually buy from the station.

Also I can't set it so that the stations Can't sell to the NPC's? Because I set the "sell to other races" option to "no" but the things the station produces seem to be disappearing anyway, and it's not any of my ships taking them.
If vodka was water and I was a duck, I'd swim to the bottom and never come up, but vodka's not water and I'm not a duck, so pass me the bottle and shut the фок up.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 29. Jun 15, 18:25

Two threads on same topic merged and moved. This is a vanilla gameplay question (BP is vanilla) and not X2 Tech Sp nor X3:R S&M.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Mon, 29. Jun 15, 20:14

I used CLS in Reunion, but the interface is REALLY hard to work through, in my opinion, and not worth the effort. The interface in general in TC is vastly superior, but the effect on the bonus pack is literally night and day. In TC using CLS is no different from using anything else. You may want to just shelf CLS until you reach the point where you want to play TC or AP.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 29. Jun 15, 21:51

The thread seems to be about X2 The Threat BP CLS Mk 1.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Mon, 29. Jun 15, 22:18

Alan Phipps wrote:The thread seems to be about X2 The Threat BP CLS Mk 1.
Understood. I pretty much give an opinion on any thread that has CLS in the title. I can't speak directly to X2, but can say that CLS prior to the TC version, as represented by Reunion, may not be worth the effort to sort out.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

jlehtone
x4

Re: How do I set up Transport between my factories so that they're supplying each other?

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 29. Jun 15, 23:25

The X2 Bonuspack Readme list the required actions in this order:
1. Set homebase
2. Start logistics (and set price)
3. Modify list of stations

I have a (faint) recollection that the order of actions for one of those scripts (in X2 or X3R) was unexpected ...
Achedb0b wrote:... without the exchange of credits, because it's from my own stations.
How does your BoGas station fund its ECells? It could be logical to get just enough from BoFu station in exchange for the delivered BoFu to break even.

The situation is different when one has a "loop", where no station uses credits when getting resources.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Achedb0b

Post by Achedb0b » Thu, 2. Jul 15, 08:08

Ahah, No thank you, I can't stand how tiny teensy everything is on that game, the menu sidebar, and no cockpits?

Must admit the ships look damn nice though. I've gotten really used to just quickly pressing Enter and then pressing a bunch of other buttons to get through menu's it's easier than using a mouse in my opinion.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 2. Jul 15, 22:48

I too was very fond of the X2's keyboard interface. I have not used mouse on any of X3R, X3TC and X3AP, so keyboard is still functional, but not the same as in X2.

What Tim was actually referring to, is that the latest two games let the scripts to show menu dialogs, while the X2/X3R engine did allow only reading of text from keyboard. There are thus two crucial differences in the UI.
  1. The user can see options to choose from rather than memorize the manual. Command line users naturally find that restrictive.
  2. The input is easier to parse by the script. If the user chose option "Fubar", the following action is easy to choose. In the old (particularly X3R) UI the script has to parse the first value of input before it knows that we are fubar.

Nevertheless, I did definitely have "complexes" served by CLS1 in X2. One top level CLS1 can collect from multiple producers (e.g. Beef from Farms) and deliver to multiple consumers (Bakeries). Within one sector one transport was fast enough for quite many Stations.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

fig
x2

Post by fig » Thu, 2. Jul 15, 23:14

CLS works really great in X2. It's generally best to use zero credit transfers (factory price -1). Also you need to bear in mind the freighters wont move until the factory has more than 10% stock, and it isn't always obvious what you've programmed the freighter to do. Confirm your orders by adding the home base and you'll get a message. Read the message and make sure it all looks right.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”