x3 reunion crashes

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

tawhitt

Post by tawhitt » Mon, 8. Jun 15, 07:56

Terre,hey bro have u seen these last 2 posts,awaiting your response. ty

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Terre » Mon, 8. Jun 15, 09:49

The error is generic and I still think it's a codec issue, which is not a lot of help.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 8. Jun 15, 17:08

I would update that 2011 IDT onboard HD sound driver (IDT 92HD73C1 is your chipset) if you can. If you cannot then I would do a clean uninstall of it and then reinstall the same sound driver all over again as a fresh start. That should eliminate a hidden sound driver issue.

I have checked your codec list and it looks OK to me.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Terre » Mon, 8. Jun 15, 19:31

Thanks for looking Alan.

Since your last round of updates, have you tried ticking the, "Ignore last settings and start with default" box?

tawhitt

Post by tawhitt » Wed, 10. Jun 15, 07:56

Where would i find the ignore settings and use default box to check it i have never seen such a box and i will do the other thing u suggested Thanks bro for your help.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 10. Jun 15, 11:52

'Ignore last settings and start with default' is a tick box on the small splash screen you get in the centre of the screen when you first start the game. That option clears all user-made changes to the game settings.

On that same splash screen, you can instead select 'Graphics Settings' and then in the graphics screen select 'Reset to Default' if you want to keep any non-graphics game options you have already set up.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

tawhitt

Post by tawhitt » Tue, 23. Jun 15, 22:49

Terre.i tried to run the game with ignore settings checked and i also reset to default in the graphics settings in the game menu, as far as the idt driver is concerned i dont see it in the device manager the only thing with idt on it is a audio codex package, is this what u mean? oh the game did not run with the graphics settings changed,i wonder why ALL the other x games (i have them all)run on this rig but not x reunion i mean xbtf and xrebirth and every one in between runs except x reunion.

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Terre » Wed, 24. Jun 15, 09:40

Sorry, I'm out of ideas.

tawhitt

Post by tawhitt » Wed, 24. Jun 15, 20:02

Terre,thanks for trying bro, i appreciate all your help even if we didn't get the game to run i am getting a new computer soon and maybe it will run on it, at least i hope it does but in the mean time i still have lots of options to get my x fix,if u think of anything else we can try in the future please advise.

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”