Cheated Ships??

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Travbm

Cheated Ships??

Post by Travbm » Sat, 6. Jun 15, 12:04

Make your own ships??

http://roguey.co.uk/x3/edit/killertide/ ... orial1.php

Make your own ships with polygons. Put the pieces together and add textures and decorate. It seems like a great deal.
Last edited by Travbm on Mon, 8. Jun 15, 03:13, edited 2 times in total.

JSDD
x3tc

Post by JSDD » Sat, 6. Jun 15, 13:22

... yes, just install x3editor2 & edit the file: ..\types\TShips (anywhere in the .cat files)

"armor" = "hull"
more than 2GJ per shield are bugged, but you can use 50 x 2GJ shields on any ship you want ;)
speed up to 2000m/s & more are also possible
To err is human. To really foul things up you need a computer.
Irren ist menschlich. Aber wenn man richtig Fehler machen will, braucht man einen Computer.

Mission Director Beispiele

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sat, 6. Jun 15, 18:03

JSDD wrote:more than 2GJ per shield are bugged, but you can use 50 x 2GJ shields on any ship you want ;)
what is bugged with them? i know that more than 2TJ (=2000GJ) total shield value makes problems, but some bug with more than 2GJ is new to me, especially since 10GJ Shields are vanilla content...
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Travbm

Weapon atributes

Post by Travbm » Sat, 6. Jun 15, 22:05

Can I make Gama PPC shield penetrating for super weapons?

And is it possible to increase power of ammo based weapons such as gun that fire projectiles that penetrate a shield but explode like mini hornet missiles on a ship?

Shield attributes: Is it possible to make a lower class shield just absorb more damage such as 1MJ shield able to absorb as much as a 10GJ shield or just block every energy based weapon as a cheat?

Zaitsev
x4

Re: Weapon atributes

Post by Zaitsev » Sun, 7. Jun 15, 03:02

Travbm wrote:Can I make Gama PPC shield penetrating for super weapons?
Open the TBullet-file, check the "Ignore shields" box and go test. It would be a ridiculous weapon though, as a single PPC could kill anything up to an M2 with a few shots.

I also imagine it would be extremely annoying, as your shiny new 150 million destroyer would risk having half its hull blasted away if it ever entered a fight with another ship. Then, as the ship slowed to a crawl it would get shot to pieces by the second volley, with little to no chance of escaping.

As a footnote: Unless you're playing Reunion there is no Gamma PPC.
Travbm wrote:And is it possible to increase power of ammo based weapons such as gun that fire projectiles that penetrate a shield but explode like mini hornet missiles on a ship?
The amount of damage done per shot is fairly easy to edit, so if you want something like a mass driver that does 200 000 hitpoints of damage then sure. It's as simple as changing a value in the TBullet file, save it and then start a new game.

You won't get explosions though, as weapons visual effects is a whole different ballgame.
Travbm wrote:Shield attributes: Is it possible to make a lower class shield just absorb more damage such as 1MJ shield able to absorb as much as a 10GJ shield or just block every energy based weapon as a cheat?
You could of course change the capacity of the 1 MJ shield to 10 GJ and still call it a 1 MJ shield if you want to. It would be a nightmare though, as the weak generators of fighters and such would take flippin' ages to recharge it after taking a hit.

Also, shields already stop any incoming projectile, be they energy based, missiles or otherwise (except the mass driver), but the hitpoints available drop accordingly.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

JSDD
x3tc

Post by JSDD » Sun, 7. Jun 15, 03:11

UniTrader wrote:
JSDD wrote:more than 2GJ per shield are bugged, but you can use 50 x 2GJ shields on any ship you want ;)
what is bugged with them? i know that more than 2TJ (=2000GJ) total shield value makes problems, but some bug with more than 2GJ is new to me, especially since 10GJ Shields are vanilla content...
... i've never tested it myself, but i read it several times:
shields with more than 2GJ capacity are unloading their themselves under certain circumstances (e.g. if the ship has been attacked & the shield value lies under 2.1GJ)
// liegt bzw. soll (soweit ich weis) am integer limit liegen oder so .. kein plan ^^
To err is human. To really foul things up you need a computer.
Irren ist menschlich. Aber wenn man richtig Fehler machen will, braucht man einen Computer.

Mission Director Beispiele

caishow2
x3ap

Post by caishow2 » Sun, 7. Jun 15, 03:26

No matter how large the shield
It's easy to die under OOS.
No need to change the shield
If the fear of death
The best way is
Don't fight personally

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”